What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

As 'Abu Basit' has stated above, there are very minor differences among these sects and they are there for centuries, all we have to do is ignore those differences and come together on 75% of common grounds, the rest will be taken care of itself once everyone starts practicing the 75% (beauty of Islam).. As i have stated above, all we need is to have more dialog between representatives of different sects.. and TBH they are being forced to do so by people now.. cuz people are getting fed up fighting and losing lives.. This should all be cleared through mutual discussion..

If you haven't noticed, now the sectarian violence has moved from 'riots' to 'bomb blasts' cuz people do NOT want to involve themselves in it anymore.. they will NOT come on the roads for things which scholars should discuss and resolve..

Right then, I take your word that there are only minor differences.

Right then, I take your word that there are only minor differences.

Thanks, if you further want to understand pick up a Qur'an read it and then look for what are the differences in sects.. you won't find those differences anywhere mentioned in Qur'an.. Qur'an is accepted completely by everyone.. that means the problem is not Islam, its something else.. and thats what Our people are coming to understand now..

Hope we cleared your doubts..

When someone comes with childish argument , there's no point in responding them- Grow up a liitle bit with your arguments and you will get all the answers with references ...:P

Grow up?

Its not me inserting smileys in all my post like a teenage girl.

I have asked you questions and I have answered your queries but I seem to not get any constructive response from you.

btw- Why you didn't quote that portion of Jinnah's speech which has the word 'Shariat'?

I only found the quote which did not have the Shariat part in it and so I quoted it.

The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly. I do not know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I am sure that it will be of a democratic type, embodying the essential principle of Islam. Today, they are as applicable in actual life as they were 1,300 years ago. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. It has taught equality of man, justice and fairplay to everybody. We are the inheritors of these glorious traditions and are fully alive to our responsibilities and obligations as framers of the future constitution of Pakistan. In any case Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims --Hindus, Christians, and Parsis --but they are all Pakistanis. They will enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Wikiquote

2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan during January.

2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan represent a nation of 170 million..what a joke..Which mohallah did gallup conducted this survey???

Being Muslim is great.. you believe in God, you believe in Prophet Mohammad PBUH and then nothing scares you on earth.

2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan represent a nation of 170 million..what a joke..Which mohallah did gallup conducted this survey???

Do you know how surveys are done? Surveys are not meant to produce the 'exact' sentiment of a population, they produce a reasonable picture of the prevailing tendencies. That's why surveys before an election can usually tell who's going to win.

Do you know how surveys are done? Surveys are not meant to produce the 'exact' sentiment of a population, they produce a reasonable picture of the prevailing tendencies. That's why surveys before an election can usually tell who's going to win.

From where this mullah came here? He is supporting extremism and calling Pakistan Somalia etc. Can you stop bothering about Pakistan and get back to your wet dream?

There is a difference between Islamization that Pakistanis want & the contorted Taliban Islamic 'Shariah' Law. The Islamization that most Pakistanis want respects rights for women, minorities, everyone, condemns violent conduct; whereas the Taliban's contorted views do not respect those things.

Can you give some proof for this?

The surveys point out that for them it means Shariah with public stoning for adultery, chopping of limbs for thieves etc.

Most people don't know what they are demanding would mean in reality. The SWAT people got a taste pretty soon.

There is nothing wrong with asking for true Islamic values to play a part in a nations get up, even Jinnah stated:

Concentrate on democracy, equality, justice and fairplay as taught by Islam. Understanding of Islam varies from sect to sect and Jinnah belonged to a sect that would advocate for a fair, equal and democratic society.

Some Muslims (read mullahs and their followers) advocate a theocratic state whereby others will not be equals and the state will be led by Mullahs with a divine mission to wage an ever lasting war with kafirs.

Pakistan certainly needs democracy, equality, justice and fairplay, not 'a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission'.

The Islamization that will be implemented (if it happens) will be all about Shariah, public floggings, choppings, stoning and enforcers of virtue and preventers of vice.

There is nothing to suggest otherwise.

Can you give some proof for this?

The surveys point out that for them it means Shariah with public stoning for adultery, chopping of limbs for thieves etc.

Most people don't know what they are demanding would mean in reality. The SWAT people got a taste pretty soon.

Dude, no one wants stoning for adultery, chopping of limbs for thieves. If that were the case, these things would have implemented in Pakistan already. If this was the case, then there would be no current Pakistani government: it would have been taken over by the Taliban. An Islamic party has never been brought into power in Pakistan. An Islamic party has never won more than 11% of votes inside Pakistan. Just goes to show that Pakistanis do not relate to the Taliban's version of "Islamization/Shariah". You can choose to believe otherwise, it just doesn't relate to the reality of the situation.

Few in Pakistan Support Extremists -- But Few Favor Military Confrontation - Pew Research Center

This is the kind of Islam most Pakistanis want:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan is enough Islamised,we do not need more,
I do not know where these Gallop people go,always results are a bit surprizing.
These so called gallop polls are usually always way off the mark. The poll is from an extremely minuscule section of the population.

For example, this survey was carried out among a sample of only 2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan during January. And this out of a population of 162 million!! So no credibility should be attached to this.

And then Islamisation means to cause or to adopt a new or different faith like Hindus or Christians converting to Islam voluntarily or by force. How can a Muslim who follows the Islamic faith, be 'Islamised'? The only thing that can happen is radicalisation or 'fundamentalism' - like what is followed by the Taliban. I doubt that Pakistani Muslims would like to go down that path!

Dude, no one wants stoning for adultery, chopping of limbs for thieves. If that were the case, these things would have implemented in Pakistan already. If this was the case, then there would be no current Pakistani government: it would have been taken over by the Taliban. An Islamic party has never been brought into power in Pakistan. An Islamic party has never won more than 11% of votes inside Pakistan. Just goes to show that Pakistanis do not relate to the Taliban's version of "Islamization/Shariah". You can choose to believe otherwise, it just doesn't relate to the reality of the situation.

Few in Pakistan Support Extremists -- But Few Favor Military Confrontation - Pew Research Center

This is the kind of Islam most Pakistanis want:

The new poll finds broad support for harsh punishments: 78% favor death for those who leave Islam; 80% favor whippings and cutting off hands for crimes like theft and robbery; and 83% favor stoning adulterers.

Pakistani Public Opinion | Pew Global Attitudes Project

There are 150,000 LET members, Taliban membership is shooting through the roof in Punjab and Pushtun areas, even all branches of your military and all institutions are penetrated by AQ and Taliban and sundry other Jihadis.

The majority is really confused, they don't really know what is what.

Last edited by a moderator:
From where this mullah came here? He is supporting extremism and calling Pakistan Somalia etc. Can you stop bothering about Pakistan and get back to your wet dream?

Listen boy, if you cannot come up with a sensible reply keep quiet, you don't have to display your 'intelligence' to these indians and your uncle sam by showing your hatred towards mullahs. You're worse than a Tablighi mullah.

The new poll finds broad support for harsh punishments: 78% favor death for those who leave Islam; 80% favor whippings and cutting off hands for crimes like theft and robbery; and 83% favor stoning adulterers.

Pakistani Public Opinion | Pew Global Attitudes Project

There are 150,000 LET members, Taliban membership is shooting through the roof in Punjab and Pushtun areas, even all branches of your military and all institutions are penetrated by AQ and Taliban and sundry other Jihadis.

The majority is really confused, they don't really know what is what.

Again, these results don't correspond with the reality that Islamist parties in Pakistan have not received more than 11% of Pakistani votes in elections, or brought into power in Pakistan's 63 years history by the people. Surveys can be made to look like anything. If Pakistanis supported the things you are saying, the people would not have supported the Pakistan Army's operations in Swat & South Waziristan. If Pakistanis supported the things you are saying, the Taliban would be in power in Pakistan.

What's your source that claims there are 150,000 LET members? 150,000 members out of 180 million is 0.0833% of the population. So I don't how you can say the majority of Pakistanis prefer extremism.

Back
Top Bottom