What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

The new poll finds broad support for harsh punishments: 78% favor death for those who leave Islam; 80% favor whippings and cutting off hands for crimes like theft and robbery; and 83% favor stoning adulterers.

Pakistani Public Opinion | Pew Global Attitudes Project

There are 150,000 LET members, Taliban membership is shooting through the roof in Punjab and Pushtun areas, even all branches of your military and all institutions are penetrated by AQ and Taliban and sundry other Jihadis.

The majority is really confused, they don't really know what is what.

First of all I dont know how these polls are conducted. I have never seen in my life coming to me asking for a poll. Poll can be useful for awarding the first prize of 'indian idol' but cannot represent the thought of a nation. How many people are selected to represent the whole nation comprising 180 million people.

If you conduct a public poll in Karachi and go to some specific areas, pick around 10,000 people, 99% percent of people you will find supporting the MQM. Again will it give a true picture.

Man, just have a look at the election results, any of the so called Islamic party never got majority, (like bilal said in previous post) even they are not in the minority. We are not confused at all, we want Islamisation but not of that Islam which the Taliban propose in Afghanistan.

..................cheers.

Again, these results don't correspond with the reality that Islamist parties in Pakistan have not received more than 11% of Pakistani votes in elections, or brought into power in Pakistan's 63 years history by the people. Surveys can be made to look like anything. If Pakistanis supported the things you are saying, the people would not have supported the Pakistan Army's operations in Swat & South Waziristan. If Pakistanis supported the things you are saying, the Taliban would be in power in Pakistan.

What's your source that claims there are 150,000 LET members? 150,000 members out of 180 million is 0.0833% of the population. So I don't how you can say the majority of Pakistanis prefer extremism.

A small extremist minority is enough to create a lot of mayhem.

I think the Islamist parties did rule two provinces (NWFP and Balochistan during the Musharraf rule).

Yes, they didn't get the votes yet the terrorist organizations ran openly in Pakistan, recruiting, collecting funds in markets, training and sending those terrorists.

They may not be in a majority but are enough to cause enough trouble. Both at home and all across the world.

First of all I dont know how these polls are conducted. I have never seen in my life coming to me asking for a poll. Poll can be useful for awarding the first prize of 'indian idol' but cannot represent the thought of a nation. How many people are selected to represent the whole nation comprising 180 million people.

If you conduct a public poll in Karachi and go to some specific areas, pick around 10,000 people, 99% percent of people you will find supporting the MQM. Again will it give a true picture.

Man, just have a look at the election results, any of the so called Islamic party never got majority, (like bilal said in previous post) even they are not in the minority. We are not confused at all, we want Islamisation but not of that Islam which the Taliban propose in Afghanistan.

..................cheers.

This is actually a technical question. The surveys are conducted on the basis of what is called a random sample.

Given a population size, you can chose a sample size and with available statistical tools, the views of that sample (if it is random enough) will reflect those of the population with a certain confidence level that varies with the sample size.

In this case, my guess is that the confidence level would be 95%. So there is a 95% chance that the sample would reflect the views of the Pakistani population withing some small tolerance limits.

This is actually a technical question. The surveys are conducted on the basis of what is called a random sample.

Given a population size, you can chose a sample size and with available statistical tools, the views of that sample (if it is random enough) will reflect those of the population with a certain confidence level that varies with the sample size.

In this case, my guess is that the confidence level would be 95%. So there is a 95% chance that the sample would reflect the views of the Pakistani population withing some small tolerance limits.

Lolz, I have spent whole of my life in Pakistan and visited almost every part of Pakistan and have a long social circle, I have never met anyone who support talibani version of shariah.

Now coming to polls, do you know how many people are selected for poll? 1000 / 2000 / 3000? you really believe that these few number project the mindset of a nation of around 180 million?

Well watch the following videos

All of them are Pakistanis, now conduct the poll after the concert is over, 3000 people will be saying Make Atif Aslam President of Pakistan in place of Mr. Zurdari, which might be representing 95% of the people.

............cheers again.

Last edited by a moderator:
A small extremist minority is enough to create a lot of mayhem.

I think the Islamist parties did rule two provinces (NWFP and Balochistan during the Musharraf rule).

Yes, they didn't get the votes yet the terrorist organizations ran openly in Pakistan, recruiting, collecting funds in markets, training and sending those terrorists.

They may not be in a majority but are enough to cause enough trouble. Both at home and all across the world.

Yeah, and that was just bcaz of MMA (Muttahida Mullah Alliance) where all mullahs had to sit together who dont want see the face of each other in real life. That was just a political move. Okay now tell me had they been able to implement shariah in Balochistan / NWFP?

The bold par, Well now you will bring LeT into the discussion to rant on on the old Mumbai Drama. Please avoid and stick on the topic.

Lolz, I have spent whole of my life in Pakistan and visited almost every part of Pakistan and have a long social circle, I have never met anyone who support talibani version of shariah.

Now coming to polls, do you know how many people are selected for poll? 1000 / 2000 / 3000? you really believe that these few number project the mindset of a nation of around 180 million?

Well watch the following videos

All of them are Pakistanis, now conduct the poll after the concert is over, 3000 people will be saying Make Atif Aslam President of Pakistan in place of Mr. Zurdari, which might be representing 95% of the people.

............cheers again.

That is where the random sample comes into picture.

You and your social circle may represent a small social strata of Pakistan, same as those attending that concert.

They won't make for a representative sample of Pakistan!

For that you need to select people from different villages, towns, cities, provinces, income levels, Madressa educated and others, the 50% plus uneducated and so on.

Statistics and the polling methodologies are proven BTW. No reason to doubt it.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Yeah, and that was just bcaz of MMA (Muttahida Mullah Alliance) where all mullahs had to sit together who dont want see the face of each other in real life. That was just a political move. Okay now tell me had they been able to implement shariah in Balochistan / NWFP?

The bold par, Well now you will bring LeT into the discussion to rant on on the old Mumbai Drama. Please avoid and stick on the topic.

The highlighted part proves exactly the reason why Islamization is alive and kicking in Pakistan.

It just goes hand in hand with conspiracy theories with no basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is where the random sample comes into picture.

You and your social circle may represent a small social strata of Pakistan, same as those attending that concert.

They won't make for a representative sample of Pakistan!

For that you need to select people from different villages, towns, cities, provinces, income levels, Madressa educated and others, the 50% plus uneducated and so on.

Statistics and the polling methodologies are proven BTW. No reason to doubt it.

Infact my social circle contains people from almost every area. However, to get the better understanding I would recommend you the program Jirga (of Geo TV) where he picked two students, one from maddressa and one a A level student. That will give you the better understanding that what kind of Islamisation our 95% of youth wants. though 5% is huge figure for those studying in Maddressa.

The highlighted part proves exactly the reason why Islamization is alive and kicking in Pakistan.

It just goes hand in hand with conspiracy theories with no basis.

First of all you need to understand the term 'Islamisation' first. Just have a look at the question "whether the government should take steps to "Islamise" the society"

What do an answer you expect from a Muslim? 67% affirmative, 13% said there is no need might be thinking that enough Islamisation, 20% remained silent, as they might be thinking what kind of question is this.

What an answer do u expect from Christians when asked whether they want Christianisation in their country?

Well you seem to have mindset that if someone doesnt agree with your rant about LeT, Islamisation exists in his mind due to that sole reason.

What kind of logic is that?

Infact my social circle contains people from almost every area. However, to get the better understanding I would recommend you the program Jirga (of Geo TV) where he picked two students, one from maddressa and one a A level student. That will give you the better understanding that what kind of Islamisation our 95% of youth wants. though 5% is huge figure for those studying in Maddressa.

Thx. for the suggestion. I don't get Geo here, any link for an episode you suggest?

First of all you need to understand the term 'Islamisation' first. Just have a look at the question "whether the government should take steps to "Islamise" the society"

What do an answer you expect from a Muslim? 67% affirmative, 13% said there is no need might be thinking that enough Islamisation, 20% remained silent, as they might be thinking what kind of question is this.

What an answer do u expect from Christians when asked whether they want Christianisation in their country?

Well you seem to have mindset that if someone doesnt agree with your rant about LeT, Islamisation exists in his mind due to that sole reason.

What kind of logic is that?

About Christians, my guess would be that most would be firmly against it, calling it a personal issue rather than a societal one.

I personally think there is a strong correlation between people calling 9/11, 26/11 etc. a conspiracy and their being Islamists (I am talking of Muslims here, the reasons among non Muslim conspiracy theorists would be different).

Thx. for the suggestion. I don't get Geo here, any link for an episode you suggest?

About Christians, my guess would be that most would be firmly against it, calling it a personal issue rather than a societal one.

I personally think there is a strong correlation between people calling 9/11, 26/11 etc. a conspiracy and their being Islamists (I am talking of Muslims here, the reasons among non Muslim conspiracy theorists would be different).

You should visit the Pravda Forum, it's the most popular net forum in Russia. From there find out what the Russians have to say about 9/11. 90% of the Russians, including the governemnt officials, say that 9/11 was an inside job. Are the Russians Islamists as well?

I was myself trying to search that, but could not find, however, i ll give you the link, as awaztoday.com is not loading.

Here I expected the same from you on christianity, Look Islam is the only religion which gives you complete lifestyle, laws, social as well as economic values. There is no religion in the world which covers all the aspects of life. Like other religions, they are just concerned with the 'person' on the other hand Islam give a complete pattern of life Morals and manners e.g. business ethics, Dietary rules, modesty in dress, behaviour, marriage, care of child as well as your elder ones, relations with non-muslims etc etc etc.

Islam is the fastest growing religion of the world. The Islam is only religion on which heavy research has been done by non-muslim themselves. Michael H. Hart gave Mohammed (PBUH) the first ranking in his book The 100, second name comes of Issac Newton.

If you will study Islam with the neutral mind, you will find it a religion distinguished from all other religions of the world. It is not the Islam which Talibans follow. Islam doesnt believe on forcing anyone, rather it believes on own will.

Now regarding conspiracy theorists, reasons are not different brother, even Muslims have got an additional reason that the same is being associated with Muslims, rest of the reasons to believe the 9/11 or 26/11 being inside job are from Non-Muslims. What lead them to believe this, like what India has been doing in Kashmir since long, killing innocent people, What Israeli forces have been doing in Palestine, iraq etc.

Why muslims are the target every time?

When US was planning to invade afghanistan for OBL / al qaeda, what were taliban demanding? give them proofs / any court trial against OBL for his involvement in 9/11, but it ignored all the requests, now what happened in Iraq? everybody was asking for proofs of WMD but it still ignored all and finally came up with 'intel failure bull '? Now OBL is found in Abbottabad...still belive them ?

So man, it is a great game which the US is heading towards, their main pain is the Pakistan nukes, as in its view ONLY superpowers have the right to keep nukes, and that is why they have termed the Islamisation as some extremism, which infact is totally different.

It's clear our Islamist brigade is defensive about answering who commissioned this poll and what their motivation was - but that's OK, the islamist brigade feels defensive because they don't know the answers to these simple questions --

But lets try and understand them, after all, they may have important perspectives which we should become aware of - and so:

Why is "Islamization" of Muslims meaningful and necessary?

Is "Islamization really just code for "Arabization", especially since in Pakistan more than 90% of the population are Muslims??

What Exactly does "Islamization" mean? Exactly please

And what happens to Muslims who are not persuaded by the need to "Islamize" Muslims??

You guys and gals, our Islamist brigade can help us understand aspects which we may not be aware of and we should await their answers -- and boys and girls, no need for being defensive, please answer to the best of your ability, help us understand your concerns? Please help us understand what about the ideology of islamism you find especially compelling.

That majority who believes in Islamisation has got entirely different meanings of 'Islamisation'. Let the poll conducted with their version of Islamisation explained, The majority will be converted into Minority.

The above one was my first response to the poll.

You question muse, is like, if some non-muslims gets converted into Muslim, the first question would be.....which muslim? Barelvi? Sunni? Shia? Deobandi? Malki? which one?

So it will create a sectarian debate, the poll is itself tricky, like do you love your loved ones? where every one's love ones are different.

:lol: what is meant by Islamist Brigade?

That majority who believes in Islamisation has got entirely different meanings of 'Islamisation'. Let the poll conduction with the version of Islamisation explained, The majority will be converted into Minority.

Could you translate that into straightforward English

Whats so surprising in it? This country was made in the name of Islam,Islam is our base,Pakistan is on the map of this world because of Islam,Insha Allah there will be rule of Allah S.W.T in this land one day.period.:pakistan:

A homeland for the Muslims of South Asia -- not a witch's brew of islamism

Back
Top Bottom