What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Could you translate that into straightforward English

I have edited above, tried to explain.
Let me explain it in urdu as well.

Har aadmi ki nazar main islamisation mukhtalif maaenay rakhta hai, Aik poll conduct karwaain, jis main 'islamisation' ko explain kia ho. Poll results reverse ho jaen ge.

Whats so surprising in it? This country was made in the name of Islam,Islam is our base,Pakistan is on the map of this world because of Islam,Insha Allah there will be rule of Allah S.W.T in this land one day.period.:pakistan:

Well it was made in the name of Islam or not is a debatable issue.

Assalam u Alaikum and greetings.

Well. My point of view. Yes we need proper Islamic structure and it would bring fourth a greater Pakistan.
Not the way most people think, like women cannot leave homes and have to be vailed and in Burka. No way is that.

Islam in the way, we must treat all others equal and with love, honour and respect. Lets take an example. If someone breaks into your home, what are you gonna do? For most catch him and beat the hell out of him. Negative in my views. I would rather empathise his needs and talk him out of his crime (sin) and try to figure out a way to help him. Now thats Islam.

Other way, proper structures and equal rights must be given to everyone from Government to citizens, i.e. Corruption-free and no 'Sifraish' systems. Taxes would be fair and paid by all and government must ensure all facilities are available to those who deserve them. Proper and decent pays for a healthy livehood must be given from government funds (intiallay will be stressful).

All those girls roaming in caprees/low cut dresses/cleavages would be banned and proper dressings in public must be ensured (no forces, just try to talk about it).

Plus, Religious education must be promoted, so that people actually stop listening to those Jamait-e-Islami and sending childrens to madrasas and the so called 'Jihad' would be controlled.

Believe me, with a total Islamic Pakistan, it would turn out to be the Pakistan Jinnah devoted his life for.

'Lets bring Islam back into Islamic republic of Pakistan!'

You should visit the Pravda Forum, it's the most popular net forum in Russia. From there find out what the Russians have to say about 9/11. 90% of the Russians, including the governemnt officials, say that 9/11 was an inside job. Are the Russians Islamists as well?

I already said that non Muslims have a different reason for their conspiracy theories for the most part.

You need to read my post again.

I already said that non Muslims have a different reason for their conspiracy theories for the most part.

You need to read my post again.

And you and your likes have your reasons to augue that they are just conspiracy theories!

Why is "Islamization" of Muslims meaningful and necessary?
Har aadmi ki nazar main islamisation mukhtalif maaenay rakhta hai, Aik poll conduct karwaain, jis main 'islamisation' ko explain kia ho. Poll results reverse ho jaen ge.

Every person has their own meaning or understanding of what "Islamization" means - and if one were to use the single definition, the results of the poll would be exactly opposite, that is to say a minority would be for "Islamization.

Would you agree that this ia a fair and accurate translation?

And I think this is exactly what the problem is --

These questions need to be answered, because of course we cannot go pretending that "Islamization" is open to interpretation, after all, Quranis open to interpretation, not man made "Islamization"

Is "Islamization really just code for "Arabization", especially since in Pakistan more than 90% of the population are Muslims??

What Exactly does "Islamization" mean? Exactly please

And what happens to Muslims who are not persuaded by the need to "Islamize" Muslims??

Believe me, with a total Islamic Pakistan, it would turn out to be the Pakistan Jinnah devoted his life for.

'Lets bring Islam back into Islamic republic of Pakistan!'

Great - Please do let us know where bringing what you call Islam, has been a solution to any problem - it just may be that we don't know and you do, so please educate us.

Every person has their own meaning or understanding of what "Islamization" means - and if one were to use the single definition, the results of the poll would be exactly opposite, that is to say a minority would be for "Islamization.

Would you agree that this ia a fair and accurate translation?

And I think this is exactly what the problem is --

These questions need to be answered, because of course we cannot go pretending that "Islamization" is open to interpretation, after all, Quranis open to interpretation, not man made "Islamization"

Is "Islamization really just code for "Arabization", especially since in Pakistan more than 90% of the population are Muslims??

What Exactly does "Islamization" mean? Exactly please

And what happens to Muslims who are not persuaded by the need to "Islamize" Muslims??

Great - Please do let us know where bringing what you call Islam, has been a solution to any problem - it just may be that we don't know and you do, so please educate us.

In short, Islamization in Pakistan is not equivalent to 'Arabization'. Islam was spread in the region through mysticism of the peaceful Sufis, peace lovers; not by Arab invasion. Pakistan still has most of the remnants of this in its society, but some Arab elements have infiltrated into society as well.

In short, Islamization in Pakistan is not equivalent to 'Arabization'. Islam was spread in the region through mysticism of the peaceful Sufis, peace lovers; not by Arab invasion. Pakistan still has most of the remnants of this in its society, but some Arab elements have infiltrated into society as well.

Come on, now - you can do so much better than that -- We are talking about present day, It's the Wahabi that putting forward their ideology in Pakistan, afterall, why do Muslims need "islamization??

Don't play defense - you have no need tp play defense -- deal with the questions in a open manner - The truth will set all of us free.

Recall Sufi's spread islam, not "Islamization" - Islamists spread "Islamization", not Islam , they peddle ideology, not the mysteries of FAITH in GOD

Come on, now - you can do so much better than that -- We are talking about present day, It's the Wahabi that putting forward their ideology in Pakistan, afterall, why do Muslims need "islamization??

Don't play defense - you have no need tp play defense -- deal with the questions in a open manner - The truth will set all of us free.

Recall Sufi's spread islam, not "Islamization" - Islamists spread "Islamization", not Islam , they peddle ideology, not the mysteries of FAITH in GOD

From my understanding, "Islamization" was chosen as a state policy to unite the ethnicities of Pakistan together in 1956, as a means of curbing separatist tendencies from the ethnicities in Pakistan. Pakistan has never had one dominant ethnic identity, it is a myriad of many ethnic groups conjoined by the "ancient land" of Pakistan. Historically, Pakistan was always prone & susceptible to separatist movements from all its ethnic groups (besides the Punjabis) that had nothing in common with one another. Pakistan was created as a land where Muslims along with all other religious groups could practice their religion freely. Some people after 1947 wanted to make Pakistan an ideologically Islamic state along Arab lines, in a way to justify Pakistan's existence & separation from India, by having a separate identity from India, even if was a completely "foreign" one. That never really fully transpired in Pakistan though, although some extremist Deobandi elements from India & Salafi Arab elements (both foreign to the region of the ancient land of Pakistan) did infiltrate into Pakistani society, destroying some of the fabric of the society. The end result of all of this was confusion.

I (along with many other Pakistanis) do not consider Wahabism & Arabization as Islamization, there are many that would disagree with me, & there is no doubt that Deobandi elements from India & Salafi Arab elements did infiltrate into Pakistan as an unfortunate consequence of this "Islamization". That is my personal opinion on Pakistan's "Islamization". Arabization/Wahabism is foreign to the ancient land of Pakistan & its people, & Pakistani people are tied by mysticism of the saints that spread Islam in the region through peace & love, not through violence of the foreign extremist ideology of Salafi Arabization.

Rafi Bhai said it beautifully before:

In every province, in every district of Pakistan there are Shrines that cross every sect, even Christians, Hindus, Sikhs venerate these Shrines - the ones belonging to Data Darbar, Bulleh Shah Shahbaz Qalander draw hundreds of thousands of devotees from around the world.

So why the need to "islamize"? What could possibly be it's substance?

recall the last time we "Islamized" - it drove a wedge between sects and confessions, it gave rise to extremists groups, for instance those which target Shi'ah, it also forced women into the option of declaring themselves non-muslims to get a divorce -- in effect, everything that we don't want

look, whether it's you or Bin Qasim or leader or Antosh - what is it that you folks want? Obviously, you seek a more just, more moral Pakistan, in effect you want a Pakistan that is true to what is best in islam, as a force in society - Faithfulness, Humility, Compassion, discipline -- but look at what you have gotten -- we feel for you, we know you've been had - we know you wanted what you thought was best and we know what you got was mayhem, mischief, buggery, pederasty and every manner of perversion in the name of religion ---- Why do Muslims need "islami-ization"?

So why the need to "islamize"? What could possibly be it's substance?

recall the last time we "Islamized" - it drove a wedge between sects and confessions, it gave rise to extremists groups, for instance those which target Shi'ah, it also forced women into the option of declaring themselves non-muslims to get a divorce -- in effect, everything that we don't want

look, whether it's you or Bin Qasim or leader or Antosh - what is it that you folks want? Obviously, you seek a more just, more moral Pakistan, in effect you want a Pakistan that is true to what is best in islam, as a force in society - Faithfulness, Humility, Compassion, discipline -- but look at what you have gotten -- we feel for you, we know you've been had - we know you wanted what you thought was best and we know what you got was mayhem, mischief, buggery, pederasty and every manner of perversion in the name of religion ---- Why do Muslims need "islami-ization"?

The term "Islamization" was perceived & interpreted differently by different people in the Pakistan administration. "Islamization" to the first group of people was the glue that held Pakistan's ethnicities together from separatist tendencies, as a form of 'homogenization'. "Islamization" (along the lines of Salafi Arabization) to the second group of people served the purpose of giving Pakistan a separate identity from India, & a "justification" for the events that took place in 1947. Their thinking was, "if Pakistan was going to be ideologically similar to India, why was there a need to form Pakistan in the first place"? Hence, the second group's struggle for a distinct (foreign) Arab identity, & the support & infiltration of the Deobandis into Pakistan, that had been opposed to the creation of Pakistan in the first place. Notice that this is how Deobandism infiltrated into Pakistan from India.

The mindset of the second group starting infiltrating Pakistan post 1947, & started becoming more popular in the eyes of the Pakistan Administration. They also used their version of 'Islamization' of Salafi Arabization to enhance Pakistan's influence in the Arab world, & the Muslim world in general. After creating the Mujahideen, the US also utilized Pakistan for "this" very purpose in the 80s against the Soviets. And now we all know that "it" (Salafi Arabization) has backfired horribly for Pakistan post 9/11. In other words: the Salafi Arabization, which was serving Pakistan so well in the world, exerting their influence in the Muslim world, building strategic partnerships with the US etc; turned out to be a huge curse for Pakistan post 9/11, when the US decided to completely flip over. Which is why there are still some loyalist Jihadi elements in the Pakistani Administration. So this "problem" is multifaceted, & has various dimensions to it with respect to the Pakistan administration. But they still do not hold so much sway over the common people of Pakistan. If Salafi Arabization did, then Pakistan would be ruled by the Taliban, not by the current Administration. The people would not have supported the actions of the Pakistan Army against the terrorists in Swat & South Waziristan. I hope I have made myself clear now.

Back
Top Bottom