What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

Sir I would like to know any structural or design modification possible in JF-17 Block III. Somebody told me no major changes possible in Jet design but here on PDF many senior members speculating major changes in block III.

Block-I --> Block II: ( red denotes upgrades that will roll backwards to the block-I, blue is feature that might happen)
Avionics upgrades :ECM changed, Radar improved(hardware & software), Software upgrades(additional weapons carrying capability), flight control software update. Full Next Gen PAF proprietary datalink capability.
Structural:Wing strengthening and upgraded to handle more loads(cause of first crash), internal plumbing for aerial refuelling(probe comes in when ready).

Block-II --> Block-III
( red denotes changes/upgrades that will roll backwards to the block-II, blue is feature that might happen)
Avionics Upgrade: Internal cooling changed to accommodate AESA Radar, AESA Radar,internal ESA ECM , HMDS, Additional pod system with SK DFRM system.

Structural: Further wing strength to increase load carrying capacity along with composite integration in empennage. A2A refuelling system ready day 1, Engine improvement to increase thrust and MTBO.OBGOS,Additional hard point stations by changing structure of LERX from sheet and spar to honeycomb structure,

Block-I --> Block II: ( red denotes upgrades that will roll backwards to the block-I, blue is feature that might happen)
Avionics upgrades :ECM changed, Radar improved(hardware & software), Software upgrades(additional weapons carrying capability), flight control software update. Full Next Gen PAF proprietary datalink capability.
Structural:Wing strengthening and upgraded to handle more loads(cause of first crash), internal plumbing for aerial refuelling(probe comes in when ready).

Block-II --> Block-III
( red denotes changes/upgrades that will roll backwards to the block-II, blue is feature that might happen)
Avionics Upgrade: Internal cooling changed to accommodate AESA Radar, AESA Radar,internal ESA ECM , HMDS, Additional pod system with SK DFRM system.

Structural: Further wing strength to increase load carrying capacity along with composite integration in empennage. A2A refuelling system ready day 1, Engine improvement to increase thrust and MTBO.OBGOS,Additional hard point stations by changing structure of LERX from sheet and spar to honeycomb structure,
Nice detailed reply....thank u Sir but still there is no apparent change in look of the aircraft...

Structural:Wing strengthening and upgraded to handle more loads(cause of first crash)
Sir can you detailed it further how it happened...

Nice detailed reply....thank u Sir but still there is no apparent change in look of the aircraft...

For internal changes there should not be any external change, but there are certain changes the trained eye can notice.
It is usually best the aircraft not change in its look; so that the expense is kept low in terms of aerodynamic retesting for validating the external changes.

The PAF pilot repeatedly exceeded the structural limits of the aircraft wing during testing for a new system being developed.

So the wing was further strengthened to take the tolerance beyond the originally designed limit.

Block-II --> Block-III

I agree, it is unlikely we'll see the Block-III's AESA radar reach the JF-17, but I think as the technology becomes lighter and power efficient (e.g. a Chinese equivalent to SABR), it could reach the Block-I, eventually.

Sir I would like to know any structural or design modification possible in JF-17 Block III. Somebody told me no major changes possible in Jet design but here on PDF many senior members speculating major changes in block III.

Hi,

Major changes are off course possible---but they are not going to happen at this stage.

Changes mean delays---and delays are not an option at this time---. Only change would be a necessary change.

Block-II --> Block-III

Sir
Are we looking to improve Fly by Wire system?
Instead of hybrid, update it to complete digital? Full integration in aircraft instead of in axillary systems only?

@Oscar any details about the avionics aboard the JF 17 Block III
Already provided above. Details on exact items and upgrades not public knowledge. Suggest looking into JF-17 information pool and interviews.

Sir
Instead of hybrid, update it to complete digital? Full integration in aircraft instead of in axillary systems only?
Improvement in FLCS to accommodate weight changes.

Sir

Its not that easy to Upgrade a Fighter Aircraft to Complete Digital System...It would take years...Look at F-35,Tejas, PAK-FA..

So much Software Coding and Flight Trials are needed

Even a small coding error will cost a pilot life and money

Additional hard point stations by changing structure of LERX from sheet and spar to honeycomb structure,

That is rather specific. Could you elaborate more? How will they add a hardpoint this way?

Its not that easy to Upgrade a Fighter Aircraft to Complete Digital System...It would take years...Look at F-35,Tejas, PAK-FA..

So much Software Coding and Flight Trials are needed

Even a small coding error will cost a pilot life and money
It is pretty easy actually if you used the right analogy. Please see the development cycle of the F-15 to the F-15SA(which is all digital from a totally analogue hydraulic system). Whereas the JF-17 is already digital FBW in pitch and Computer stabilized hydraulic control for roll and yaw.

It is pretty easy actually if you used the right analogy. Please see the development cycle of the F-15 to the F-15SA(which is all digital from a totally analogue hydraulic system). Whereas the JF-17 is already digital FBW in pitch and Computer stabilized hydraulic control for roll and yaw.

Asalam O Alikum

Why CFT is not being considered for JFT ? It will resolve or at least try to resolve the biggest problem of JFT which is its range. It should be able to increase JFT fuel by 40-50% and if we are getting RD93MK in the Block-III then cft will not even effect on the overall performance of the aircraft. Also IF we will get the RD93MK, it is supposed to be more fuel friendly with introduction of FADEC and becoming smokeless etc.

we can use the refueling probe path to integrate the cft i.e after initial analysis and tests we strengthen the airframe and do the plumbing from start of production. As refueling probe is getting its way in Block-2 planes from 29th plane, CFT should also gets its way from specific plane production count or after producing the Block-3. What it will do is give enough time to design, test and completely integrate the CFT which gives best performance and most fuel.

Regards

PAF Would have to make it a twin engine aircraft........Dont they.....?????/

Is JF 17 Thunder B is a twin engine or single engine which is now under development........??????

PAF Would have to make it a twin engine aircraft........Dont they.....?????/

Is JF 17 Thunder B is a twin engine or single engine which is now under development........??????

There is a threads of JF 17, i would recommend you to read them, you will find anything you want to know about JF17

Back
Top Bottom