What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

There is a threads of JF 17, i would recommend you to read them, you will find anything you want to know about JF17
A twin Engine JFT is not possible.
Why?
The airframe has to be altered.
And when you alter the air frame everything has to be changed, each and every nut and bolt!
Thus the outcome will no longer look like a JFT.
A completely new aircraft will be born.

For internal changes there should not be any external change, but there are certain changes the trained eye can notice.
It is usually best the aircraft not change in its look; so that the expense is kept low in terms of aerodynamic retesting for validating the external changes.

The PAF pilot repeatedly exceeded the structural limits of the aircraft wing during testing for a new system being developed.

So the wing was further strengthened to take the tolerance beyond the originally designed limit.
Very strange.
Pilot Exceeded the structural limits of the plane with a g load ability of 8.5.
What type of software was it.
I've heard most pilots die at 7-8 gees.

A twin Engine JFT is not possible.
Why?
The airframe has to be altered.
And when you alter the air frame everything has to be changed, each and every nut and bolt!
Thus the outcome will no longer look like a JFT.
A completely new aircraft will be born.
Still the commonality would be above 70%...

Still the commonality would be above 70%...

I fail to see how that will be.

Change in the airframe requires a slight redesign.
But that depends on which part of the airframe is changed.
Say for a twin engine.
The entire fuselage will have to be redesigned, the intakes will also have to be bigger.
The tail, the wings, horizontal stabilizer will have to be bigger.

what happened you are confused ...
Read about these...
F-16 and F-15 ...
Boeing 707 / 720
A300 / 310
A 330 / 340
ATR 42 / 72

Say for a twin engine.
The entire fuselage will have to be redesigned, the intakes will also have to be bigger.
on other threads, it has been discussed to death..that we need a twin engine fighter...but practically no heavy is available to us ..mostly due to money and partially due to political reasons
So if we want to have a twin engine...it is best case scenario that we have a JV with China.....doesn't matter we have to re-design it completely...Actually..we don't have to start from scratch...that was JF-17..but now with the understanding from JF-17...we will be in much better position to design another jet.
It will have following benefits
1. No dependence on others(just like JF-17)
2. the deficiency of long range and heavy pay load aircraft will be removed
3. All the weapon package of JF-17 can be used

Meanwhile we can wait for J31(which also uses almost same weapon package)

Pata nahi yahan per logon ko kiya junoon charha howa hai F17 ko double engine kerney ka bhai .JF17 Airframe is not out of this world better designs are available infact world is of Stealth .SO making JF17 double engine is like adding another engine in MEhran/Corolla for better performance doctrine new design like F31/Flanker family is much proven and reliable so Please stop making this little bird into every thing as very soon there will be JF17-1 (single engine) ,JF17-2 (double engine) .First let the double seat come and add AESA and HOBS /IRST these will make it sufficient ,also i agree with some one above related tto CFT .

Pata nahi yahan per logon ko kiya junoon charha howa hai F17 ko double engine kerney ka bhai .JF17 Airframe is not out of this world better designs are available infact world is of Stealth .SO making JF17 double engine is like adding another engine in MEhran/Corolla for better performance doctrine new design like F31/Flanker family is much proven and reliable so Please stop making this little bird into every thing as very soon there will be JF17-1 (single engine) ,JF17-2 (double engine) .First let the double seat come and add AESA and HOBS /IRST these will make it sufficient ,also i agree with some one above related tto CFT .
Just so you know Bugatti veyron was made by welding 2 v8 engine together this seemed stupid at that time ....who knew it would result in world fastest car whilst other car makers were thinking of producing more power from fewer pistons they did opposite and won,we do the same and get a more powerful JFT.I am no professional in aerodynamic but this seems very much achievable the key is too make it as much aerodynamically unstable as possible and control it with a flight system this will make it more manoeuvrable and better
italian-typhoon-join-baltic-policing-mission.jpg

on other threads, it has been discussed to death..that we need a twin engine fighter...but practically no heavy is available to us ..mostly due to money and partially due to political reasons
So if we want to have a twin engine...it is best case scenario that we have a JV with China.....doesn't matter we have to re-design it completely...Actually..we don't have to start from scratch...that was JF-17..but now with the understanding from JF-17...we will be in much better position to design another jet.

Almost what I said in post #286.
This dual engine thing was started by @Zain Malik

Yeah, totally.
Tell that to @Zain Malik

Just so you know Bugatti veyron was made by welding 2 v8 engine together this seemed stupid at that time ....who knew it would result in world fastest car whilst other car makers were thinking of producing more power from fewer pistons they did opposite and won,we do the same and get a more powerful JFT.I am no professional in aerodynamic but this seems very much achievable the key is too make it as much aerodynamically unstable as possible and control it with a flight system this will make it more manoeuvrable and better
View attachment 298307
Yeah but you can't weld another engine on a jet.

I respect your emotions but Engineering is not about emotions ,Its calculation ,you put Bugartti Veron example lemme tell you this car was designed to be running on two Engines just like you mentioned as it was made for 400 K/H where as JF17 is light fighter with lower operating cost/easy to use ,My point is that there are proven designs available with reasonable prices

What :D? I didn't mean that that weld 2 rd 93 together i said to do something out of the blue really to do different not what is already in the market , be innovative like the euro fighter or Messerschmitt Me 262 that can provide cutting edge over the enemy not just sheer number

I respect your emotions but Engineering is not about emotions ,Its calculation ,you put Bugartti Veron example lemme tell you this car was designed to be running on two Engines just like you mentioned as it was made for 400 K/H where as JF17 is light fighter with lower operating cost/easy to use ,My point is that there are proven designs available with reasonable prices
So be like the saudis?Why is turkey spending so selflessly in F 35 program? Because knowledge when they get to know about the ingredients it will be much simpler for them to make a newer one for themselves so in contrast pakistan is also learning everyday alot from indigenously producing a Jet fighter which no muslim country is doing atm which should be a proud moment for us and the next time we come with a plan it will be alot easier cause then we would have some surface knowledge of how to put up a machine together.There is no shortcut to success so we would have to bear the JF 17 and progress with it in the future

Last edited:

Say for a twin engine.

Meanwhile we can wait for J31(which also uses al
Almost what I said in post #286.
This dual engine thing was started by @Zain Malik

Yeah, totally.
Tell that to @Zain Malik
No doubt, other platforms are more capable...but are they available to us...NO...that's why u need to do something for that...u can't just sit and wait that One day Pak economy wil become sooooo big that we can purchase any weapon....that's not the attitude to tackle a problem.
And also, for stealth..there is no word on ,how the progress is going on with J31...so atleast for 10 years ...forget stealth for PAF...only USA has operational stealth jet right now, China nad Russia are alos in testing phase...and they won't sell J20 or PAKFA to u...F-35 has many issues ...Also do u think stealth will be easy to purchase...we ar not able to buy 4th gen twin engine due to money...how can u expect Pak to buy 5th gen in huge numbers????

No body is welding another engine....I am talking about a new design of a double engine jet....JV with China...upto j-11 standards..jet...that can fill our needs.

No body is welding another engine....I am talking about a new design of a double engine jet....JV with China...upto j-11 standards..jet...that can fill our needs.
No doubt, other platforms are more capable...but are they available to us...NO...that's why u need to do something for that...u can't just sit and wait that One day Pak economy wil become sooooo big that we can purchase any weapon....that's not the attitude to tackle a problem.
And also, for stealth..there is no word on ,how the progress is going on with J31...so atleast for 10 years ...forget stealth for PAF...only USA has operational stealth jet right now, China nad Russia are alos in testing phase...and they won't sell J20 or PAKFA to u...F-35 has many issues ...Also do u think stealth will be easy to purchase...we ar not able to buy 4th gen twin engine due to money...how can u expect Pak to buy 5th gen in huge numbers????

Source: Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3 | Page 20

What :D? I didn't mean that that weld 2 rd 93 together i said to do something out of the blue really to do different not what is already in the market , be innovative like the euro fighter or Messerschmitt Me 262 that can provide cutting edge over the enemy not just sheir number
Go home Kid.
Try to live in the real world.
Cutting Edge takes time (20 years or so)
And JFT is not cutting edge, is quantity.

The welding part was not for you it was for muhammedali233

You messed every thing up.
Who are you replying to?
Mmoooooddddss
@Horus whats going on here?

Go home Kid.
Try to live in the real world.
Cutting Edge takes time (20 years or so)
And JFT is not cutting edge, is quantity.

The welding part was not for you it was for muhammedali233

You messed every thing up.
Who are you replying to?
Mmoooooddddss
@Horus whats going on here?
guessing by your immense knowledge and 10000 flying hrs it must be hard listening to us naive people really.Providing thoughts is the basis of the forum and i am doing that if that is wrong report my earlier posts to the mods.

ASSLAM O ALEKUM
This will happen. A JV with china for a twin engine very low RCS jet will happen. I don't have any links to prove it here but i can assure it as if you guys believe me now after what I said came truth as I told there will be 50 block II thunders I told there are not gonna be more than 20 only 16 came and you guys were making fun of me saying ( Aj kal bachon ki adat ban gai hy to Spread rumors about Jf-17:( :p:manzy ki baat to ye hy k documents main thy 16 in main sy b 4 Thunder mazeeeed 2 months PAC k pas hi khary rhy thy and recently hi diyay gay PAF ko ........so anyways there is gonna be a JV with China for a twin engine low RCS jet but It will take time as It will go through drawing board then funding ka masla e parna hamesha ki trhan phr ja k bnyga long time probably 2025 main ap loog dekhogy ye jahaz ya Jaldi bhi hua to 2020 sy pehly ni hoga phr b But i can guarantee there is something like this on the drawing board ..... now you believe me or not its up to you guys as .!!! Take care .:smitten:
ALLAH HAFIZ

Back
Top Bottom