What's new

Majestic Su 30 MKI's - Night operations - HD footage

as I can not edit my previous post therefore just for sake of record posting two official Indian sources to keep the record straight and to dispel the factually wrong claim made by Indian member in this thread that:
The Upgraded MiG-21 Bison was not able to identify type of aerial target and because of this reason Abhi was not aware about the identity of the claimed target and upon his return to India was informed that it was F-16

1- For this First Note MiG-21 were equipped with Tarang Radar Warning Receiver (Tarang RWR)for this see page-71 of CAG Report-2014 [click here]
View attachment 617709
2- Tarang RWR [official link] is capable of Identification of the Target
View attachment 617710

I did not notice this post at all ! Since it was not replied to me. You have misquoted the entire CAG report.

The entire paragraph you sited above is listed under -->
High failure rate of Radar Warning Receiver system

Essentially Tarang RWR has been problematic project and has been abandoned. So Bison never had Tarang. Additionally IAF chief is on record that "Bison that Abhinandan was flying did not non coperative identification technology"..

General question
By the way CAG report is fascinating and speaks volumes on the transparency ! Does PAK have a similar body whose reports i can refer ?

High failure rate of Radar Warning Receiver system
as advised earlier read, read and read at least your indian sources; those failure was NOT related to identification but related to high rate of Alarm something related to software issue .....

so plz don't stretch the debate unnecessarily .... only post IF you have something VALUABLE

Regards,

By the way CAG report is fascinating and speaks volumes on the transparency ! Does PAK have a similar body whose reports i can refer ?
yaap it have .... search it

as advised earlier read, read and read at least your indian sources; those failure was NOT related to identification but related to high rate of Alarm something related to software issue .....
Sorry - cant keep up replying posts due to personal issues; But here it goes.
NO - its not a software issue ! Quoting the CAG report that you linked ! Read the bold part very very carefully
During evaluation of the aircraft fitted with Tarang-30, IAF found that masking of RWR antennae existed in a very large 61 In R-118 system antennae are mounted at specific locations on aircraft for optimal coverage. However, due to geometry of aircraft / manoeuvres the antennae may not detect signals and have ‘nil’ pick up or ‘masking’ in certain directions. area in the front and the rear hemispheres of aircraft thereby affecting its envisaged role. Subsequently DARE enhanced the frequency coverage of RWR (Tarang-30) to 1-18 GHz, known as RWR ‘R-118’. Audit observed that after the flight trials conducted in July-August 2007 and February- March 2008, DARE found that masking could not be improved and the problem would need to be fixed through hardware modifications."
So what does the above part say - its not a software issue. So your point about it being a software issue - is incorrect. The issue was about how RWR was placed through the body of a/c and how it was suboptimal - in the sense that it was declared non worthy or non functional.

Now lets move onto the next part -- what happened to Tarang RWR. Again quoting the same report.
The reply of Ministry confirms that ‘C’ aircraft fleet operates with 200 sets of RWR ‘R-118’ which were produced by BEL and cleared by CEMILAC for integration on the aircraft before development and flight testing to overcome the design deficiency. Further, though DARE carried out software fixes to overcome the problem, the RWR ‘R-118’ remained afflicted with inherent design limitations. Even the improvement project was closed (July 2014) in view of DARE’s opinion that problems would remain unresolved. It was also seen from procurement contracts (March 2006) with BEL that ‘I’ level and ‘D’ level maintenance63 were not catered for.

Essentially the whole project was shut off . Thats the reason - why new RWR has now come onboard , Mig29 has the new RWR and so does latest Su30's which has been rolled out. You can search for eagle eye RWR's. Again quoting random reports without reading thoroughly is inexcusable. It reflects poorly on you.

Now lets take a look at what IAF chief himself said. This should remove all doubts in your mind - Bison did not have RWR or any such technology. I would take his word over anyone else since its official.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...f-bs-dhanao/story-F951EkysveW1FvD5qvl95L.html
Abhinandan Varthaman was flying a MiG-21 Bison that does not have non-cooperative target recognition capability which the Su-30 or other modern aircraft have got. So he on his own cannot confirm that he shot down an F-16. Our other sensors — AWACS and radars — have all confirmed that the aircraft that went down in that sector appears to be a Pakistan F-16 fighter

So what does it say - Abhi did not know which a/c he was targeting or shot down. All he saw was radar symbology OR his seeker got auto lock and he launched . The fact that it was F16 was corborated by radars , EW and comm intercepts.

Normally - i avoid going into details unless the opposite person has credible technical knowledge. But in your case the constant regurgitation of false facts with incomplete information is prompting me to do this. So do better. And yeah READ, READ, READ....

NO - its not a software issue ! Quoting the CAG report that you linked ! Read the bold part very very carefully

So what does the above part say - its not a software issue. So your point about it being a software issue - is incorrect. The issue was about how RWR was placed through the body of a/c and how it was suboptimal - in the sense that it was declared non worthy or non functional.

Now lets move onto the next part -- what happened to Tarang RWR. Again quoting the same report.

Essentially the whole project was shut off . Thats the reason - why new RWR has now come onboard , Mig29 has the new RWR and so does latest Su30's which has been rolled out. You can search for eagle eye RWR's. Again quoting random reports without reading thoroughly is inexcusable. It reflects poorly on you.

Now lets take a look at what IAF chief himself said. This should remove all doubts in your mind - Bison did not have RWR or any such technology. I would take his word over anyone else since its official.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...f-bs-dhanao/story-F951EkysveW1FvD5qvl95L.html

So what does it say - Abhi did not know which a/c he was targeting or shot down. All he saw was radar symbology OR his seeker got auto lock and he launched . The fact that it was F16 was corborated by radars , EW and comm intercepts.

Normally - i avoid going into details unless the opposite person has credible technical knowledge. But in your case the constant regurgitation of false facts with incomplete information is prompting me to do this. So do better. And yeah READ, READ, READ....
Wasting You Time Gagan shakti 2018 already depicted IAF operational readiness

Bursting CAG Claims Of 50 % Availability in war time

I would take Cag report seriously. They are usually credible . As far Gagan shakti. It is relatively easier to maintain high sortie rates when you have enough time to plan ahead for everything.

What cag mentioned was daily upkeep. So that if war starts very next day without warning we should have enough spares and quick repair to make the plane ready for war again.
Planned exercise and war Is totally different. So yeah for short time we or even paf can maintain 100% availability. It's the daily routine which matters. Cause it makes the war a lot less stressful on our army planners.

Got this from a solid source... MKI MLU won’t come with AESA because of Russian jack up licensing costs... upgraded Elta 2052 with over 1400 modules was being considered but now it can’t be taken forward, now it will be Russian latest PESA Or Indian AESA if it can be deployed in 5 years

garding BVR again MKI shown its agility by surviving 5 Aim-120C5 on 2 MKIs by F-16s...
No jets can survive 50-60 Gs agile BVR not even with TVC, Because Humans can sustain only 10-11 GS for few seconds most fighter pilots have a unconsciousness at 6-7 Gs very few can sustain 10-11Gs for only 10 sec, the main defense for fighter jets against BVR or SRAAM (Short range air to air missiles) is not their jets agility but ECM/ECCM/ESM/EW/Chaaf and flare

No jets can survive 50-60 Gs agile BVR not even with TVC, Because Humans can sustain only 10-11 GS for few seconds most fighter pilots have a unconsciousness at 6-7 Gs very few can sustain 10-11Gs for only 10 sec, the main defense for fighter jets against BVR or SRAAM (Short range air to air missiles) is not their jets agility but ECM/ECCM/ESM/EW/Chaaf and flare

BVR missiles are effective against a super agile fighters only inside no escape zone and C5 NEZ is around 25-30 kms, beyond this specially at DMAX ranges the missiles lose the energy, range, fighter support in this case and the surprise.

BVR missiles are effective against a super agile fighters only inside no escape zone and C5 NEZ is around 25-30 kms, beyond this specially at DMAX ranges the missiles lose the energy, range, fighter support in this case and the surprise.
Go read the specification of C-5 first than talk its more then 40 Km

You're full of contradiction, ridiculous theories with no logic common sense, First you claims in your previous posts that PAF's AWACS (Erieye) can't see your jets but your Phalcon had been PAF jet through the mountains what the fcuk:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:, this ridiculous theory, and on your first of you post claims ABhi coms didn't Jam at any time than you later you admit it that Abhi com were Jam by our DA-20, and Mig-21 radar has its limitations because of Small dia intake radome (nosecone) which limits radar range which suppose to be 50-70 km (because we have also similar upgrades for our F-7PG (copy of Mig-21)) which further reduce by
mountainous terrain

and most fictional and ridiculous claims by you that Abhi fired R-72 without positive 25-30 km is a big distance most of human being can't differentiate the targets without ground controllers and with reduce radar range he never knew where were Pakistani jet were, R-73 has a offbore sight of 40 degree then what if F-16 were out of its offbore attack capability and abhi abhi didn't knew where the enemy jet were because of com jammed and with reduce radar range as compare to F-16 so where he fired upon please tell us:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:
your whole debate is imaginary/fiction/fart tales, which can make good BOLLYWOOD MOVIES:p:;):enjoy:

Got this from a solid source... MKI MLU won’t come with AESA because of Russian jack up licensing costs... upgraded Elta 2052 with over 1400 modules was being considered but now it can’t be taken forward, now it will be Russian latest PESA Or Indian AESA if it can be deployed in 5 years
Thank God

Some posters have the urge to post crap without really understanding the subject matter - doesnt it? Your post and tone of the post precisely reflects that.

You're full of contradiction, ridiculous theories with no logic common sense,
If you dont understand - then i guess you would term it as no logic common sense ? Doesnt it ?

First you claims in your previous posts that PAF's AWACS (Erieye) can't see your jets but your Phalcon had been PAF jet through the mountains what the
Tell me did you read my post at all ? OR you read it and interpreted it based on your limited capacity to understand ?
Here's a gist - radars cannot see through mountains. So it does not matter if its ERIE or PHALCON or WEDGETAIL - it cannot see through mountains. Its a natural barrier and technology hasnt solved the problem of seeing through natural barriers. I am assuming you are able to comprehend so far. Next - Srinagar AFB is located in bowels of pir panjal range. So fighters taking off from that base wont be detected (unless you have a stationary radar located on the mountains itself looking down on to the airport OR ERIE is flying extremely close to the border which was not the case). So ERIE or any sophiscated radar wont be able to detect fighters climbing out from the airport till it crosses the mountain ranges - once it crosses the mountain ranges, it becomes visible to the radar.
Are you with me ? Ok - This is the reason why your BARCAP's were taken by surprise on the presence of Mig 21's because ERIE did not alert them. Phalcons were able to track F16's because all of them were above mountain ranges or atleast most of them were (except for 1 which is mentioned in Abhinandans citation)

on your first of you post claims ABhi coms didn't Jam at any time than you later you admit it that Abhi com were Jam by our DA-20,
Can you read what i wrote ? very clearly. And paste here what i wrote. It will be clear to you what i am saying.

and Mig-21 radar has its limitations because of Small dia intake radome (nosecone) which limits radar range which suppose to be 50-70 km (because we have also similar upgrades for our F-7PG (copy of Mig-21)) which further reduce by
mountainous terrain
You have no clue what you are talking about. You need to read.What does the small dia of kopyo got to do here ? Discussion was never about range of the radar - Discussion was about how Abhi engaged F16 and brought it down !

and most fictional and ridiculous claims by you that Abhi fired R-72 without positive 25-30 km is a big distance most of human being can't differentiate the targets without ground controllers and with reduce radar range he never knew where were Pakistani jet were
Yes he knew ! Ground controller gave him at SITREP; He clearly knew friendlies. He activated his radar and located the bogies. Its clear from his citation - go to google and read his citation.Story never changed from IAF's perspective - OTOH what should i say about gafoora.

, R-73 has a offbore sight of 40 degree then what if F-16 were out of its offbore attack capability and abhi abhi didn't knew where the enemy jet were because of com jammed and with reduce radar range as compare to F-16 so where he fired upon please tell us

your above point is garbage.

hahahahahahaha - what a pathetic post ! You think to defeat BVR pilot has to fly 10 - 11 or higher G's. Read very carefully what poster has wrote ! At Dmax 1 - even a transport plane can defeat BVR. Its pathetic practice and poor BVR tactics on PAF's behalf that they shot 5 AMRAAM at Dmax1. They were praying to the gods that one of them hit. Rightfully - all the IAF personnel called it poor BVR tactics. However - if the need of the hour was to get Su30's of your tail then it achieved that objective.

Thank God
Yeah, But
it should not be our approach of dealing with our foes & their war preparation. We should be Pro-Active instead of Re-active. Prepare like we WILL face an IAF with near 400 AESA platforms. For sure PAF is not taking any thing for granted.

Tell me did you read my post at all ? OR you read it and interpreted it based on your limited capacity to understand ?
Here's a gist - radars cannot see through mountains. So it does not matter if its ERIE or PHALCON or WEDGETAIL - it cannot see through mountains. Its a natural barrier and technology hasnt solved the problem of seeing through natural barriers. I am assuming you are able to comprehend so far. Next - Srinagar AFB is located in bowels of pir panjal range. So fighters taking off from that base wont be detected (unless you have a stationary radar located on the mountains itself looking down on to the airport OR ERIE is flying extremely close to the border which was not the case). So ERIE or any sophiscated radar wont be able to detect fighters climbing out from the airport till it crosses the mountain ranges - once it crosses the mountain ranges, it becomes visible to the radar.
Are you with me ? Ok - This is the reason why your BARCAP's were taken by surprise on the presence of Mig 21's because ERIE did not alert them. Phalcons were able to track F16's because all of them were above mountain ranges or atleast most of them were (except for 1 which is mentioned in Abhinandans citation)
Oh boy! you seem like no abilities of talking on technical Matters of situation on 27 FEB like most Indian do here on PDF, ERIEYE was not flying on 2000-3000 feet above the ground, in fact it was fly higher, higher than Pir panjal range and your Mig-21 wasn't crawling in the valley floor that our ERIEYE hadn't see you Mig-21, you can't defy Physics or i think Indian will:lol::rofl:, Srinagar to LOC has a distance of 200 km or more Mig-21 takes times (few mintues)to Reach LOC and your MAHAN/Vedic Mig-21 has to climbed get out of this bowl like depression as you say, so it can be detected instantly when its get out by bowl like depression not only by ERIEYE but PAF ground based radars ( ANP-77/YLC-18 AESA), F-16's ANP-68V9 which is overlapping ERIEYE radar
and you know what is the meaning of AEW aircraft, AIR BORNE EARLY WARNING and control Aircraft which meant to be look further then enemy area better than ground based radars, that's some of the SAMs's RADARs has been put on the Mast to look further inside enemy airspace like your S-400 systems have some its radars mounted on elevated mast for better coverage
and as you say in your post our F-16 flying higher altitude (40'000 feet) than Mig-21 than its had better chance to detect your MIG-21 hich was flying lower altitude ( some Indian sources says 15,000 feet) earlier because of high altitude advantages and how can you your MAHAN/Vedic Mig-21 can detect our F-16 with limited coverage ( because its flying through the mountains which further reduce its radar range because pir panjal range has higher altitude than where your MAHAN/Vedic Mig-21 flying, dude you have nothing have to prove but you and your countrymen believes in fairy tails that fed by you Vedic IAF and your Govt
Can you read what i wrote ? very clearly. And paste here what i wrote. It will be clear to you what i am saying
You haveThis dude cut your crap you know nothing what are you talking about you acts likes a you're Former IAF ACM or beside abhi you're flying Mig-21 instead of abhi, in your post mostly you're assuming/fictionalized the situation and contradictions so you lose the credibility
You have no clue what you are talking about. You need to read.What does the small dia of kopyo got to do here ? Discussion was never about range of the radar - Discussion was about how Abhi engaged F16 and brought it down
Oh my god! that's shows you have no technical know how of the discussion Radar is the main senor to detect/track/and engage the targets with out it jet get blind, you say in your debate with @HRK , when taking off from Srinagar comm informed abhi that LOC was the Full of enemies, without proper detection/tracking by radar how can Abhi knows where is the target (and remember abhi Comm were by our EW and hence didn't receive any updates on his close airspace (SA)) so are you assuming Abhi blindly fired R-73 that's some how destroy our F-16 by luck, Rules of engagement doesn't allow in this scenario because you own jets (MKI/M-2000) were in the area, so there were a chance that Abhi's R-73 can hit your own jet (MKI/M-2000)
This post of your shows you have not ability to discuss the technicalities of the situation
Yes he knew ! Ground controller gave him at SITREP; He clearly knew friendlies. He activated his radar and located the bogies. Its clear from his citation - go to google and read his citation.Story never changed from IAF's perspective - OTOH what should i say about gafoora.
Again you know nothing instead of farting Mig-21 has less radar range than F-16 even for our oldest F-16 block-15 (APG-66) which have radar range of 150 km and your Mig-21 has a radar range of 50-70 km, how can it be possible that your Mig-21 lit our F-16 by radar and F-16 pilot didn't knew that he was lit by Mig-21 radar on RWR, and Last thing why our F-16 get close to your MIG-21 its can easily detect/track/engage with AMRAAM F-16 far beyond the capability of Mig-21, so stop farting use your brain if you have
your above point is garbage.
This point are very valid, and if Abhi fire blindly R-73 so how hit possible that R-73 homes into target without its capability range, stop farting do some research before you bark here
hahahahahahaha - what a pathetic post ! You think to defeat BVR pilot has to fly 10 - 11 or higher G's. Read very carefully what poster has wrote ! At Dmax 1 - even a transport plane can defeat BVR. Its pathetic practice and poor BVR tactics on PAF's behalf that they shot 5 AMRAAM at Dmax1. They were praying to the gods that one of them hit. Rightfully - all the IAF personnel called it poor BVR tactics. However - if the need of the hour was to get Su30's of your tail then it achieved that objective.
You know kid you know nothing about military aviation instead of farting/barking at extreme range all BVR have enough momentum/kinetic energy to maneuver at least 20-30 Gs, and yes even transport plane can defend itself from BVR but only through ECM/ESSM/EW not through agility/maneuverability and tell me what transport plane has ability dance like F-16/MKI:cheesy:, go research kid than come here to bark
you have no capability to discuss on technical matters

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom