What's new

Maid’s family ‘evacuated’ to US: Bharara

She took the lady as a nanny for the kids.. You can understand how much work she has as a diplomat.. So hiring a maid was logical. And you know better what is the salary of a maid here in India.. She might have agreed with the salary the diplomat offered, thinking that she can work outside once landed in US.. Coming to my question why was the maid not arrested if she was also involved in violation of VISA norms?

You look at my previous post. I am saying even the maid should have been arrested. But as for taking the nanny for the kids, I know lots of working moms even from India too and they earn more than what this Indian official earns by themselves(not counting their husband's salary) and commute 2 hours to the city for work and come back and take care of the household work and the kids. She might be an Indian official but she can hire the day care services for the kids or a baby sitter just like everyone does here and pay the minimum wage defined in the labor laws($7 dollars and change per hour).

But contractual agreement between the nanny and official is a small issue. The major one is violating the visa procedures.

@Sashan, mate you still dont get the point, it is not whether she is guilty or not.. Its the way she was treated by the officials.. She is representing our country mate.. She was not a terror suspect, she was not a serial killer.. But a diplomat from India.. They could have avoided the whole incident just by asking her to report to the police station or attorney's office

@Sashan the point is her mistreatment you don't arrest somebody and do a cavity search for falsifying Visa documents...i have no clue why you are so desperate to defend U.S actions . Half of the U.S diplomats in India will be arrested if these things are taken into account...

You look at my previous post. I am saying even the maid should have been arrested. But as for taking the nanny for the kids, I know lots of working moms even from India too and they earn more than what this Indian official earns by themselves(not counting their husband's salary) and commute 2 hours to the city for work and come back and take care of the household work and the kids. She might be an Indian official but she can hire the day care services for the kids or a baby sitter just like everyone does here and pay the minimum wage defined in the labor laws($7 dollars and change per hour).

But contractual agreement between the nanny and official is a small issue. The major one is violating the visa procedures.

Mate, my mum is a school teacher.. So I know the hardships of working mums..An extra hand is always needed when it comes to kids yaar. And for paying $7 per hour.. As per reports its more than 75% of her whole salary dear!! How can she pay such kind of money!!.. Do read the CNN report about it mate.. Its a good read.

@Sashan the point is her mistreatment you don't arrest somebody and do a cavity search for falsifying Visa documents...i have no clue why you are so desperate to defend U.S actions . Half of the U.S diplomats in India will be arrested if these things are taken into account...

You have'nt got it yet. The apologists here for the Cowboy(s) have to line up and renew their Visas.
If you are not in the position of being such a Supplicant; you can speak freely, otherwise........

Mate - there is an outrage on the cavity search. My take is simple - US marshals have certain procedures to follow and they followed it. The system more or less works well and is the same for everyone. Why it should be bent for one person?

As for U.S diplomats in India abusing certain privileges, then arrest them. Again why allow these officials(both Indian and US) to have privileges outside of the law? Aren't we condoning certain acts of these and treating them as elite crowd?

Mate - there is an outrage on the cavity search. My take is simple - US marshals have certain procedures to follow and they followed it. The system more or less works well and is the same for everyone. Why it should be bent for one person?

As for U.S diplomats in India abusing certain privileges, then arrest them. Again why allow these officials(both Indian and US) to have privileges outside of the law? Aren't we condoning certain acts of these and treating them as elite crowd?

For the love of god stop defending them and read up the procedures , there are three types of arrests you don't strip someone nude and do a cavity search for a VISA fraud, that is NOT normal procedures, that is crystal clear .... that is a procedure to insult Indians , please get it through your head ...

only rapists and drug dealers are done cavity search and strip search , people committed for VISA fraud crimes ARE NOT strip searched or cavity searched

So this is turning out to be a case of a hyper-active DA going against state dept norms.

I'd he should get fired for strong-arming tactics, coming close to breaking the law himself.

It seems that he has broken the law himself OR "caused the law to be broken" wrt his own Depts Guidelines on how to effect Arrests.
Then is the other matter of aiding a fugitive in illegal flight from due Process of Law.
Finally aiding and abetting the abduction of Citizens from another Country.

Lets see the likely PILs on these matters, the Legal Web will get more tangled.
Recall the Supreme Court's action with the Italian Govt. and Italian Ambassador?

Preet Bharara the self anointed "Sheriff of Wall Street" and the US Embassy have aided a Fugitive in a flight from Judicial Process as well as abduction of Indian Citizens.

This should be nice, its time to see some more "Judicial Fireworks". Time to move the apprpriate PILs in Indian Courts.

It's actually a most extraordinary statement where he actually confesses to actions meant to derail the judicial system in India. His wild allegations about the judiciary & the police all colluding with the diplomat will go over very well with the notoriously prickly Indian courts, I suppose....:lol: This guy a hot shot lawyer ??
The foreign office were probably beside themselves in shock & then glee when they saw this statement, I would guess.

The mistake was clearly on the side of the Americans , the went waay over board and we have apolagists here doing everything they can to support the americans

The mistake was clearly on the side of the Americans , the went waay over board and we have apolagists here doing everything they can to support the americans

US justice department did nothing wrong to issue an apology to India.

its your faaaaking dream that all Pakistani pretending to be indian to get good jobs ... your typical indian mentality cant be fixed ...

Its you who is in delusion like all indian ... anyways this thread it not about Pakistani in USA ..

Its about your diplomat violating employment rights but you typical indian bringing in Pakistan whereas this case is all about indians and hindus ... so you have your right to faaak up
haha chill out, I was not refering to Pakistanis posing has Indians. I was refering to your point that Pakistanis always get good job in the market lol. Seriously? we brownies are in the same boat in other countries. People who have good education/contacts etc get good jobs but people who mainly go for menial jobs get menial jobs let it be Pakistani, Indian, Srilankan or Bdeshi.

Mate, my mum is a school teacher.. So I know the hardships of working mums..An extra hand is always needed when it comes to kids yaar. And for paying $7 per hour.. As per reports its more than 75% of her whole salary dear!! How can she pay such kind of money!!.. Do read the CNN report about it mate.. Its a good read.

Bro - Will respond later today - Have been travelling in Central America where it is difficult to get a proper internet connection though I have managed to catchup on most stuff including this article you mentioned.

Bro - Will respond later today - Have been travelling in Central America where it is difficult to get a proper internet connection though I have managed to catchup on most stuff including this article you mentioned.

Take your time!! No problem!!

Ok so now better sense of matter can be made as more details come through after Indian rage and rant.

This diplomat lied and this might be acceptable in South Asia but once you lie here and are caught, you better do something to save yourself. Not only lies, she also violated US labour laws. This is a serious breach.

Back
Top Bottom