What's new

Mahatma Gandhi vs Quaid-e-Azam, MA Jinnah

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting video will fully watch it later though =]

Muslim is someone who believes in one God Allah (swt) and Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) as his messenger.

Please do tell me, how does Gandhi fits this definition?

And do not use PBUH in front of Omar (radhi Allahu anhu)

Peace be upon him is a phrase that practicing Muslims often say after saying (or hearing) the name of a prophet of Islam.

* (Arabic: عليه السلام ʿAlayhis salaam - A.S.) "Peace be upon him": This expression follows after naming any prophet (other than Prophet Muhammed), or one of the noble Angels (i.e. Jibreel, Mikaeel, etc.)

* (Arabic: صلى الله عليه وسلم ṣall Allahu ʿalayhi wa sallam - S.A.W.) "May Allah bless him and grant him peace." : This expression follows specifically after saying the name of the last Prophet of Islam, Prophet Muhammed. Note that Muslims do not use this expression for any other prophet.

In Arabic these salutations are called salawāt, and are abbreviated with SAW (in accordance with the Arabic words sallallahou alayhi wasallam) or PBUH (according to English).

Omar (radhi Allahu anhu) was sahaba.

When mentioning sahaba (the companions of Muhammad), radhi Allahu anhu (for males) and radhi Allahu anha (for females) are used .
I didnt want to dig this post up, but had failed to see your response and now am responding.

"A Muslims does not eat pork, nor Drink Wine"

I rest My case!

I didnt want to dig this post up, but had failed to see your response and now am responding.

"A Muslims does not eat pork, nor Drink Wine"

I rest My case!
I just used PBUH in the literal english sense, did not take the arabic SAW into consideration. I just wanted a short salutation so i put it in. If it is a Mistake, Hope Allah forgives me.

I belive its not right to blame Mahthama Gandhi as anti muslim..!!! Before partition he had fought for the entire country, including what is now pakistan..!!! The very basis of dividing the country in the name of religion was wrong, and it show's the religious intollerance we have...!!! Now see what is that we have in our hand now.. Two countries fighting right from the birth..!!!!

When Jinnah was asked for his comments on Gandhi after the latter’s assassination, he is reported to have called him a “great Hindu” leader.
Gandhi would have taken it as an insult(I should have used a better word). Jinnah must have known this.

Gandhi, for example, would have favored a ban on conversions.
Gandhi never called for aban on conversions. He only preached that religion is only matter of belief and everyone should have a right to choose his religion. But he also preached against conversion as it is a sign of weakness. In his view religion is such an unimportant view that you need not change your religion to believe in another religion.

He suspected that conversions sometimes changed people’s allegiance to one’s nation, and he held the whole idea of converting anybody as abhorrent. “I believe that there is no such thing as conversion from one faith to another in the accepted sense of the word,” he wrote in 1935.

I don't see anything wrong with his statement. Search your words. It might help you to know the context. My words in above para should help you understand.

basically he was against hindus converting to Islam, he saw Islam as a threat and thats why jinnah left congress, and jinnah even rejected the bribe of being a first PM of India if he lets go of an Idea of Pakistan

Hehehehe....
About the conversions... really??
Thats the impression that Jinnah created to serve his purpose 'Creation of Pakistan'. A good move tactically though(I would even say it is a Chanakya policy according to some people here:rofl:. Actually Chanakya's book does have any of this stuff as far as I know. Anyway off topic).

You call that bribe??Ok whatever...
The offer shows how badly Gandhi wanted a united India and how . That only elevates him, you ******.
Jinnah could have accepted the offer, got muslims into his cabinaet as fair representation and develop muslims in India.

12. The constitution should embody adequate safeguards for the protection of Muslim culture[no problem] and for the protection and promotion of Muslim education[wtf], language[no problem], religion[no problem], personal laws[WTF] and Muslim charitable institution and for their due share in the grants-in-aid given by the state and by local self-governing bodies[no problem].
13. No cabinet, either central or provincial, should be formed without there being a proportion of at least one-third Muslim ministers[WTF].
*WTF = what the fissh:D
what is this. if this would have agreed by politicians, this could be the biggest mistake ever made.
i have documentary about partition of India.there was mentioning about demands of Jinnah but Nehru didn't except it. i got angry that Nehru should have accepted it.:hitwall:
now i am understanding the cause.

Gandhiji is an international figure and his influence on those who value non-violance is indisputeable. Here is my little contribution to the hardcore fans and admirers of the great soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as [Gandhi] ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish all human being follow his non violence ideology:smitten::smitten:

e5fb2b15f8e981c650c7bfe8bd92cf56.jpg

------not to hear evil----------------not to see evil---------------not speak evil

A more apt comparison is probably between Nehru and Jinnah. They have more in common than Gandhi and Jinnah.

Gandhi is mistakenly revered as a pacifist.

He squeezed Hindu ideals into the independence movement. With him at the helm it felt as if the independence movement was a Hindu movement rather than an Indian movement.

His radical marches, his talk of ahimsa and yet agitation and the bringing in of Hindu symbolism were the catalyst for splitting the movement into Hindu and Muslim. Jinnah kept demanding just one thing out Gandhi, do not bring religion into the movement. Gandhi refused, Jinnah quit the congress and left the country altogether. He had to later be pulled back into politics by Allama Iqbal.

Asim...Im not a big fan of Gandhi or his ways.....but even I with my thinking cannot deny him being a Mahatma...in fact I used to argue with my grandpa about his credibility just as you do....

Yet a fact is a fact and I know when one twists it....

First off Gandhi did not demand a seperate state for Hindus....Jinnah did.... even though he claimed(I believe he was) to be secular...So who was bringing religion into the mix...please let me know what makes you think that Gandhi made the movement Hindu???
Your statement does not make it a fact unless you show some proof....and please not a quote from a text book in Pakistan studies I beg...

Also...during partition, what reason did Gandhi have to go on hunger strike to curb the violence???Were Hindus being outnumbered or overwhelmed?? No sir...I think not...In fact if he was such a "Hindu fundamentalist"...why was he so revered by both Hindus and Muslims??

Both men were great.....each made their mark on society....By comparing the two....we are trivializing the achievements of these great men....I say this is a useless topic!!

A more apt comparison is probably between Nehru and Jinnah. They have more in common than Gandhi and Jinnah.

Nehru was sleeping with the Mountbattens and through that romantic relationship, the British favored India over Pakistan.

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was much older, wiser, and honest than Nehru.

Quaid-e-Azam was more friends with Gandhi than Nehru. Both Quaid-e-Azam and Gandhi went to study law in London together and knew each other for long time.

you mean both of them at the same time.... before 1947:devil:

i know that you mean that he was with lady edwina mountbatten .... right. but why would Lord Mountbatten like that somebody was sleeping with his wife so much, that he would favour him.. beats me

i never knew that Gandhi and Jinnah went to college together... they both did it from London, probably from the same place, but nor together

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah fell in love and married only one women, who converted to Islam and later died of cancer. He had no affairs with anyone, except for that one woman who he married.

Nehru, however, was too busy in the sack:

'Nehru, Edwina were in love' - India - The Times of India

Gay tendencies of Nehru:
HVK Archives: Nehru may have had gay tendencies, reveals biographer

Lord Mountbatten was gay also:
BBC ON THIS DAY | 27 | 1979: IRA bomb kills Lord Mountbatten

Nehrus' and Mountbattens' relationship was going on well before the partition of 1947.

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah cared for the Muslims of British India and he didnt get Pakistan through any kind of weird relationship with Mountbattens that Nehru had, he even rejected Lord Mountbatten's request for being Governor General of Pakistan, and Quaid-e-Azam knew he was dieing, he didnt make Pakistan for himself. He was a selfless, intelligent man.

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah fell in love and married only one women, who converted to Islam and later died of cancer. He had no affairs with anyone, except for that one woman who he married.

Nehru, however, was too busy in the sack:

'Nehru, Edwina were in love' - India - The Times of India

Gay tendencies of Nehru:
HVK Archives: Nehru may have had gay tendencies, reveals biographer

Lord Mountbatten was gay also:
BBC ON THIS DAY | 27 | 1979: IRA bomb kills Lord Mountbatten

Nehrus' and Mountbattens' relationship was going on well before the partition of 1947.

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah cared for the Muslims of British India and he didnt get Pakistan through any kind of weird relationship with Mountbattens that Nehru had, he even rejected Lord Mountbatten's request for being Governor General of Pakistan, and Quaid-e-Azam knew he was dieing, he didnt make Pakistan for himself. He was a selfless, intelligent man.

When I meant Nehru and Jinnah had more in common, I meant in the sense that they both were political leaders of the respective nations. I'd leave their personal lives to themselves.

Gandhi might be comparable to Allama Iqbal in the sense of their activities - ideological leaders . Others who were in the same position include Martin Luther King, Benjamin Franklin, Joan of Arc etc.

When I meant Nehru and Jinnah had more in common, I meant in the sense that they both were political leaders of the respective nations. I'd leave their personal lives to themselves.

Gandhi might be comparable to Allama Iqbal in the sense of their activities - ideological leaders . Others who were in the same position include Martin Luther King, Benjamin Franklin, Joan of Arc etc.

Allama Iqbal died long before Pakistan's independence and he was the one who came up with the idea of a Muslim country in Muslim majority North west British India for Muslims of British India. He then persuaded Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah to take over the Muslim League, at first Quaid-e-Azam was reluctant but then he saw discrimination in Congress against Muslims so he joined the Muslim League.

I dont think Nehru had a story like that, he was too busy in the sack with the Mountbattens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom