What's new

MAHABHARAT ! The greatest Epic of the Subcontinent on TV, 21st Century Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the one with Chiranjeevi's son in it? I think I have watched it too with subtitles. Actually liked it...

see a clip of chirenjeevi using tractor like a horse to clear the obstacles!!
lol

anyways i am a fan of chirenjeevi in the sense that he is a good dancer despite his size

otherwise i rarely watch indian movies,just while eating food to enjoy some good scenes

also tapasya was mainly done by rakshas ppl while devtas(lol) used to distract them by sending sexy women,,blowing wind,causing rain and god knows what!!

i supported the rakshas ppl in all those moments:woot:
devtas were just fat ppl enjoying life:sarcastic:

I swear! They were ramp-walking their way to every swayamvar & yuddh! What a load of bull-crap that was. The latest such venture also seems like a glitzy attempt that's sure to lead on to over-dramatization.

I think an animated ovie epic will do it justice IMO.

Well I can mention the same for Islam too. Islam is the arabs's version of Christianity. The arabs did not have a religion in the 6th century so they decided they should have their own because they did not like the fact that the Jews had their religion and the Christians had theirs and they had none and that was very humiliating for them. :D

Buzz off from our thread now mohammadist!

Islam merely copied from Judaism and Christianity. It has as much credibility as the other religions.

Just because there are zealots who think it's true and are ready to blow themselves over it is little support for it's validity.

Yeah! I'd watched that movie and that phrase kinda got stuck in my mind....My friend had also taught me a Telugu poem...It's a corruption of some Chiru movie song.I understand the lyrics are funny:

Are yemaindiiiiiiiiii...Okka Nakkavucchi nekkabitti Ne Gudda Dengindiiiiiiii :rofl:

I find Tamil easy to comprehend. Kannada or Telugu is a mission.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I did not study in a Madrasa(because I'm guessing that's probably where you picked up this BS)!

No white skinned Indian has claimed superiority over a Dark skinned Indian! Who fed you this BS??! If anything, I've only come across a few Pakistanis here claiming their superiority over Indians for whatever reason!

And Krishna literally means black in Sanskrit! LOL

Funny, considering how desperately Pakistanis want to arabise themselves. He has been constantly insulting South Indians.

I mean to troll South India > Pakistan. Oh and kerala Muslims are way better than their Pakistani counterparts.

Very much so. No one in India wanted to take that one.. I guess :lol:

@JanjaWeed Are You from Mangalore :)

One half of my family tree from Kerala live in Mangalore now :D

Many of the Ballads in Kerala from 500 years or so mention Tulu Nadu a lot too.

:)

stop worrying abt south indian people being dark , rather would u like to compare the economy or gdp of the entire pakistan with those of the south indian states ?? or the cities of south india with any of u r cities ?? or the quality of flms made by south indians wth those of pakistan ?? or the educational instititutes ??

Or the Human development Index of kerala with Pakistan???

I don't know felt like throwing that in.

Last edited:
Wasn't it known to you that we're the most racist country on this planet? Yes, we like to prefer lighter skin. Now, what's it to YOU??

I'm South Indian and I have no problems with North Indian actors cast for a HINDI serial. We dont cast North Indians in kannada serials either. Now, buzz off!

Even if the Mahabharatha is ficitional it is a thousand times more interesting, more nuanced than the Quran.

If you compare the two as fictional works then the Quran loses hand down.

Hinduism has as much credibility as Islam. If Muslims think their holy book then Hindus have the same plausibility to believe their religion is true.

I think an animated ovie epic will do it justice IMO.

Islam merely copied from Judaism and Christianity. It has as much credibility as the other religions.

Just because there are zealots who think it's true and are ready to blow themselves over it is little support for it's validity.

I find Tamil easy to comprehend. Kannada or Telugu is a mission.

There was an Anime Ramayana a few years back. Didn't find a good audience in India. But the movie was quite good. IMO, the Mahabharata is too vast to be captured in 2-3 hours. ANY movie may find it hard to do justice to such a script.

I find Tamil easier to understand sometimes, as there are plenty of words common between the two. But script-wise, it's easy to read Telugu for a guy who's well-versed with the Kannada script

Even if the Mahabharatha is ficitional it is a thousand times more interesting, more nuanced than the Quran.

If you compare the two as fictional works then the Quran loses hand down.

Hinduism has as much credibility as Islam. If Muslims think their holy book then Hindus have the same plausibility to believe their religion is true.

As the Mahabharata itself rightfully claims:'What is found here may be found elsewhere, what is not found here will not be found anywhere'.

Last edited:
I could never even repeat something as simple as 'Bhakshanam Kazhichu' to the satisfaction of my Mallu friend.

In that Bakshanam Kazhichu, it must be the zha sound that causes the most trouble I think. It requires to bend the tongue to produce that sound.

But as i said, I did not know Malayalam was that hard to learn :D

In that Bakshanam Kazhichu, it must be the zha sound that causes the most trouble I think. It requires to bend the tongue to produce that sound.

But as i said, I did not know Malayalam was that hard to learn :D

I find it the hardest of the 5 major South Indian Languages....although I can still identify many words as I feel Malayalam has the highest penetration of Sanskrit loanwords amongst all Dravidian languages.

I find it the hardest of the 5 major South Indian Languages....although I can still identify many words as I feel Malayalam has the highest penetration of Sanskrit loanwords amongst all Dravidian languages.

Yep. Many of the Sanskrit words change a bit.

Malayalam is essentially Sanskritised Tamil.

But mentioning the possibility that kerala might have oncebelonged to Tamil Nadu will earn you our ire :laugh:

Yep. Many of the Sanskrit words change a bit.

Malayalam is essentially Sanskritised Tamil.

But mentioning the possibility that kerala might have oncebelonged to Tamil Nadu will earn you our ire :laugh:

The last thing I need is a Mallu-Chauvinist giving me a full bO-dee massage!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom