What's new

MAHABHARAT ! The greatest Epic of the Subcontinent on TV, 21st Century Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Macedonia had nothing to do with ancient Macedon though. I side with the Greeks on this.

There were also lots of protests in Iran over the depiction of Persians in 300. An Iranian friend of mine said there were street protests for a few days in Teheran. Most likely, the incident wasn't reported in Western News outlets.

I like Athens more as they had Athenian democracy. Except for foreigners, and Women. And the poor.

And the Romans, because well even the American founding Fathers based their idea of America based on the Roman empire.

And the Magna Carta, which is sort of the ancestor of the western jurisprudence most of the world adheres to can be found in a more crude manner in the Roman Jurisprudence.

Let's not forget the sheer decadence of the Romans.

It's strange isn't it? Mahabharat is suppose to be a battle for Dharma... but if you see, all the major battles between individuals were won by the way of adharma in one way or the other. All major characters from Kaurava's side killed by the way of using wrongful methods.
Agreed 100%,

Bhishma- Using Shikhandi
Dronacharya- Ashwathama Hatahito, Naro Va Kunjaro Va...
karna- When he was down from hos chariot, (he was cursed as well)
Duryodhana- Impact of Mace below waistlines were prohibited, yet he attacked on his groine/thigh...

I guess you like the grittier comics that Vertigo is known for. Are you following the New 52 series?

Why didn't you tell me you are a comic book fan :-)

And the answer is No.

Are there comics you would like to recommend though?

I have watched B.R Chopra’s Mahabharat for 5 times...now regularly watching Start Plus Mahabharat.....It has become my passion now to watch it again and again…I just love it…..by d way, I am not a Hindu but I am proud of my country's history :-)

@Indischer, I would like to take our comic book discussion to personal conversation. With your permission of course.

Although you can argue that Comic book heroes have become the new mythology in Western culture.

Moral lessons delivered through the Super hero ordeals.

You don't get it do you? There is no such thing as "Mahabarat" Its a made up story. Thus the mumbo jumbo part.

You live in your delusions....
There is no such thing like Kabba descended from Heaven.. It has been built by ordinary humans.. Dont make me quote examples... mahabharata is about 5151 years as on November 2013... Kaliyuga is ending on 2025.. and transition period of 300 years is about to start.. There after ascending dwaparyud and 10000 golden years for mankind...

Why didn't you tell me you are a comic book fan :-)

And the answer is No.

Are there comics you would like to recommend though?

Well, I don't follow them regularly now. There was a time when I was crazy about superhero comics.
And as for recommendations, I think you've covered far more than I possibly have.

I am a big fan of Elseworlds though. I particularly liked Superman:Red Son and Batman:In Darkest Knight. Try them if you haven't!

Mahabarat is a made up story, a mythology of polytheists, like greek mythology or roman mythology it has nothing to do with "History". People may tolerate your "stories" out of respect for "religious" tolerance, but when you try to pass such things as real history, then you are only deluding yourselves and no body in a right intellectual mind, would be intellectually dishonest enough to buy your claims.

Prophet, Moses, Prophet Isa/Jesus, and Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon them All) Were REAL people, and the impact they left on this world has changed the world very deeply.
Oh realy...

They also say that Prophet Adam was the first man on earth.. But as per the scientific study of human evolution, we are descendants of hominid.. so was Prophet adam a hominid.... Jeez.. man...

Last edited:
@Indischer, I would like to take our comic book discussion to personal conversation. With your permission of course.

Although you can argue that Comic book heroes have become the new mythology in Western culture.

Moral lessons delivered through the Super hero ordeals.
Sure!:tup:

I guess even in your fictional stories, fairer people are superior to your darker kind.
Now when you are empty with proper arguments, you start this skin color bullcrap... oh man you are really hilarious... Tell me, aren't there dark skinned peoples in Pakistan... Does actors are casted as dark skinned people.. am waiting...

Lord Srikrishna was dark skinned (skybluish in color), in old mahabharata serial Nitish bharadwaj though a fair skinned person had dark make up to make him look a dark skinned...
You and people like you are best in taking any discussion/argument towards diaspora...

And Super Man is from Kansas. We know how real Super Man is.

Also, I would like to add, super man is a fictional character, any body can start making up fictional stories about a fictional character according to his/her taste. It has nothing to do with reality. Same is the case with polytheistic mythologies...
Whatever makes you happy....:crazy:

I dont think so, I learnt it quick after I put some effort into it...:)

Oh btw, I finally found out who your mallu friend is who acted in a Malayalam movie.

She is good looking (Not being creepy)

Oh btw, I finally found out who your mallu friend is who acted in a Malayalam movie.

She is good looking (Not being creepy)

No problem:), she is good looking, actually she was my friend, not so in touch right now, but we know each other well.

Elephants were used all across India during antiquity.
Yes offcource.. But Bhagdatta had largest army of elephants and his own elephant was the largest amongst War elephants of Bharatvarsh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom