What's new

MAHABHARAT ! The greatest Epic of the Subcontinent on TV, 21st Century Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing I need is a Mallu-Chauvinist giving me a full bO-dee massage!:lol:

This is off topic But here is a little pre Christmas gift from me to you :D Good old Muhammad Ali

@Indischer Season's greeting to you my Man

LRZwzN5.gif

Bhagadatta was from Pragjyotishpur(Assam). Three Kingdoms Vanga, Pundra and Suhma lied in Bengal region.
Bhagdatta had the best army comprising of Elephants.. That make sense.. Assam still has elephants...

is not so simple and straightforward,Malayalam has the sanskrit pronunciation whereas tamizh doesn't.

gonna watch it soon man ... :smitten:

magadheera_038.jpg

Imagine Arjun doing tapasya for gypsyastra !!!
Whats there to discuss about new Mahabharat? It's sh!t

This girl actually looks a lot better with a little weight on her.

ROFL! Many Thanks Ravi. And boy, Is Cassius Clay quick!:eek:

You have to remember that Cassius was the prototype of the trash talking Black man.

Boxing became immensely popular after he added colour (pun intended) And white people would pay money to see this brash African American Man put in his place.

According to you. For all I know, somebody wrote its script yesterday, which I guess really is the case because it is being "written" for a t.v series. Its a work of fiction and as I said, anyone can add their work of fiction to an already work of fiction. Nothing to do with reality.

PS: They can add Bombay and New Dehli in this work of fiction too.

who lets this dumbass post?

he should be in a mental asylum.

Ofcourse the "powers" of these humans have been exaggerated. I dont believe in any of htese my self . I see myself as an athiest. BUT I do know that Krishna existed, as did his kingdom.

But what does the mahabharat being a Myth or a real story have anything to do with my desire for it to be picked up by a hollywood production?

PS: 300 was not based on a real story... it was ...get this a FICTION made by Frank Miler :D

Actually, I wonder who doesn't have an inherent bias against Darker skin.

In 300, if you noticed, the malevolent Persians are played by Dark-skinned people! I wonder if the makers of the movie have ever seen actual Persians or not!

In 300, if you noticed, the malevolent Persians are played by Dark-skinned people! I wonder if the makers of the movie have ever seen actual Persians or not!

300 actually made joke of Greek history even it tried to make fun of Persians.

Hit the bulls eye. Do you recall Ekta Kapoors 'Kkahaani Hamare Mahabharat kki" . It was load of trash, and the characters seemed more of modern day models than the ones required. If I am not mistaken the serial was wrapped up

When was it, it seems I missed that. :laugh:

300 actually made joke of Greek history even it tried to make fun of Persians.

When was it, it seems I missed that. :laugh:

It's good that old Greek and Persian cultures are dead. Otherwise, that movie had the potential to raise a shit-storm.

Cannot imagine such blatant mis-representations going unprotested if Indian classics are tampered with in such manner.

It's good that old Greek and Persian cultures are dead. Otherwise, that movie had the potential to raise a shit-storm.

Both Greeks and Iranians take their ancient culture very seriously. You should see the fight and arguments between Greeks and Macedonia(part of former Yugoslavia) over the identity of Alexander of Macedon.

Frank Miller is actually racist, sexist and a classist.

It reflects quite a bit in his works. After Sin city, he just went down hill in Comics. His Batman after that called Robin a 'retard' and acted like a psychopath.

It seems that every comic after that was a spiritual successor of Sin City for him.

My personal favorites are Grant Morrison's the Invisibles, and Deus Ex Machina comics

Both Greeks and Iranians take their ancient culture very seriously. You should see the fight and arguments between Greeks and Macedonia(part of former Yugoslavia) over the identity of Alexander of Macedon.

Yup! Macedonia had nothing to do with ancient Macedon though. I side with the Greeks on this.

There were also lots of protests in Iran over the depiction of Persians in 300. An Iranian friend of mine said there were street protests for a few days in Teheran. Most likely, the incident wasn't reported in Western News outlets.

And you know for sure how people were at that time?
The problem is the old Mahabharat has created a reference and now you guyz want every follower to be as close as that. BEfore starting this, I watched all th 93 episodes of old Mahabharat. Trust me, its worst of direction that we will se as compared to today but again we cant expect too much epicness due to lack of graphic technology.

For Eg: In old Mahabharat, all the battles one on one are Arrow Battles. Whereas in here they have put common sense that battle can by physically close battle with Swords too. Just look at the Bhishma vs Parashuram Battle in both serials. Tell me which do u find more realistic in nature? Which do u find cud have been the style of fight at that tym?

I ask you to watch the old one and compare it with this one too.

Regarding sexiness then in those times gurls were very sexy and were famous for their beauty and sex appeal thruout the subcontinent. New one has only put forward the obvious. You cant expect that from old one but it doesnt mean what old Mahabharat showed was actually the way of life.

Bottomline is: Old Mahabharat was shown more of a Vishnu Puran type direction but New one is made more on practical sense. Common sense and practicality are the most used factors in new Mahabharat.
I have watched mahabharata 7 to 8 times... See, Bhishma and parshuram were good archers.. hence their duel was in archery.. One thing to be noted, Pashupatastra was with bhishma, with the use of which Parshuram would have been dismembered (not killed, Parshuram is Chiranjeev)... There were many instances where duel with swords, Mace and spear was done... remeber Karna's duel with Bhima or Madra king's duel with Yudhistir.. I can quote many examples for countering your point.. There were hand to hand combat in case of Channur vs Balaram, Krishna Vs Kansa, Bhim Vs Bakasur, Bhim Vs. Kichak, Bjim Vs Jarasandh, Bhim Vs Dushasan (along with mace fight),

The main motto of Mahabharata was to convey a proper message to society... The language was really clean (pure Hindi with tinch of Sanskrit) and Main story line was not modified to suit as per the serial...

In new serial story line is modified significantly from original Mahabharata poem.. Was Arjun involved in Rukmini Haran?? Not at all... yet it has been shown in new one... They did not shown Varnavat conspiracy which raised immediately after Yudhistir being declared Prince. Arjun and Subhadra did not meet until the Paschatap yatra of Arjun and were introduced by Krishna Himself...

Srikrishna was leading protagonist of mahabharata, new serial did not shown any of his Bal Lila from nandgao or Mathura... neither they shown anything related to Shishupal and Dantavakra...

At the start only, Satyavati is shown to demand her sons to be kings instead of Devrata from Shantanu which is wrong. Her Father demanded so...

And the most important the facial expressions are so much like Ekata kapur serials, hence it feels alike another Sas Bahi tragic serial... Oh man, this is not mahabharata.. neither it is giving any right message to the society... Basic story writing and dialog very much typical star plus serials...

Its not long if anyone who has a good knowledge of Mahabharat would file PIL to against leting a modified history to be presented before society...

I don't know how people can accept this sort of work...

Only good looking actors/actresses and graphics dont make serial a good one... Its storyline, acting dialog and a good narator like "SAMAY" make a good serial..

For thoes who dont know, Mahabharat is regarded as best serial in the world till date... This new one is less than 10% of that...

claims and arguments are welcomed supported with sources...

regards

Frank Miller is actually racist, sexist and a classist.

It reflects quite a bit in his works. After Sin city, he just went down hill in Comics. His Batman after that called Robin a 'retard' and acted like a psychopath.

It seems that every comic after that was a spiritual successor of Sin City for him.

My personal favorites are Grant Morrison's the Invisibles, and Deus Ex Machina comics

I guess you like the grittier comics that Vertigo is known for. Are you following the New 52 series?

Yup! Macedonia had nothing to do with ancient Macedon though. I side with the Greeks on this.
Some Greeks told me Macedonians are ethnic Bulgarians but since they ended up as Yugoslavia instead of Bulgaria, they were made to fantasize with Greek history of Macedonia.

There were also lots of protests in Iran over the depiction of Persians in 300. An Iranian friend of mine said there were street protests for a few days in Teheran. Most likely, the incident wasn't reported in Western News outlets.

Iranians keep deep respect for their Zoroastrian history and don't see Arab invasion as liberation unlike Pakistanis demonizing their own Hindu-Buddhist ancestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom