What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Spitty1.jpg

24118d1311745068t-new-mahindra-reva-launch-soon-reva-nxr-bangalore.jpg

New REVA electric car spotted

24592d1312280173-tata-aria-4x2-variant-launched-rs-11-6-lakhs-aria.png

Tata Motors today added another feather to the current line with the addition of Tata Aria 4x2 which company prefers to call a luxurious creation with the finesse of a sedan and the muscle of an SUV all combined in one car with 4x2 option.

Read the Press release for more details:

Tata Motors today launched the Tata Aria 4x2, a luxurious creation with the finesse of a sedan and the muscle of an SUV all combined in one car with 4x2 option.

Launching the Tata Aria 4x2, Mr. P M Telang, Managing Director - India Operations, Tata Motors said, "As the first Indian 4x4 crossover, the Tata Aria has broken a new path for Tata Motors. With the introduction of the Aria 4x2, we make the range comprehensive. The pleasure of the Aria, combining the finesse of a sedan with the muscle of an SUV, can now be availed by a larger customer segment."

Under the hood, the Aria 4X2 comes with 2.2 litre Direct Injection Common Rail (DICOR) engine, with variable turbine technology and 32-bit ECU delivers 140 PS power and 320 Nm torque.
It is equipped with disc brakes on all four wheels resulting in superior braking effectiveness and better control. The Tata Aria 4x2 is being launched in three trim levels - the Aria Prestige at the top end, the Aria Pleasure and the Aria Pure.

The Prices of respective variants have been mentioned below: (Ex. Showroom New Delhi)

Pure 4x2 BS III: Rs. 1141318
Pure 4x2 BS IV: Rs. 1161370
Pleasure 4x2 BS IV: Rs. 1261388
Prestige 4x2 BS IV: Rs. 1426176

theautomotiveindia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Only today I realised that India's auto industry is fully mature.

The top 10 auto-makers in the world have a substantial commitment and exposure in the Ind. market. $ Billions in investment, 1000's of employees, multiple factories and offices, large scale sales, marketing & distribution channels with related infrastructure costs sunk in. Large advertising budgets. Sizable exports. Exports re: 100 % finished products, auto related services like outsourcing and call-centers, parts exports. I have a feeling that parts and services exports to OEM's and aftermarket destinations may be a hit. This can even grow to be bigger than branded vehicle exports. Scale is everything, and the scale of India's small vehicles based auto industry is giant size AND EXPANDING.

No other country can compete with India re: small vehicle eco-system fundamentals. Cheapest combo of large homegrown market, cheap steel, labour and pro-active govt. At this pace, India will be the world's undisputed small car hub. France, Italy, Japan and recently Korea carried that mantle but are stuck. So they make high or medium cost small vehicles. With EU and Japan going out of whack re: Global Fin. Crises and Tsunami etc., said action has moved to India. Like pick-up's & Thailand.

Obvious question is wotabout China. China market is dominated by large foreign players peddling mid size sedans and a few local players doing good small cars and innovation. But not a Global small car hub. Chinese small car player's have some way to go before they catch up with India's majority foreign run small car biz.

Pak., Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Brazil, S. Africa, Russia ... even China could learn (maybe too late) from this successfull Govt. of India initiative. It's not a 1-off wonder, the Indian gov. built it up layer-on-layer from bicycles, moped's, scooter's and tractors, motor-cyles and now small vehicles. India has the world's largest factories in said bicycles and 2-3-4 wheel vehicles. Simply amazing, no really - I suppose the govt. there does do some things r8 ! Mesays this was some time coming since the Govt. has been pushing 25 yrs. (since maruti days) for this India 'small car thing' to take-off.

My 2 nayye paise, comments?

Dont burn mate , we design , manufacture , assemble , export A-Z of automobiles in India. If your a$$ is burning, go troll somewhere else , okay ?

This is "Made-IN-India" vehicles thread , so dont derail it with your jealous , hatred filled posts.

there's a lot of ''things'' we make (and export)......cars are not one of them however. Those companies that do give licenses for domestic ASSEMBLY are purely for domestic consumption.

my only point was that when companies give you licenses (or joint ventures are formed between auto manufacturers and local subsidiaries) to assemble cars --they are doing exactly that. You are not the manufacturer. The car is made in hindustan, the parts, the tool & die, the specific quality assurance measures and tools (e.g. noise detection systems and other crucial things); majority (if not all) of the robots on the production lines --those are all foreign.

so if you want to adhere to the topic at hand, focus on your Marindras, Tatas, and hindustans. Dont come here and then try to convince me that a Pajero chassis designed 20 years ago by Mitsubishi of Japan is now ''made in india'' because that's retarded.

what's your point? Ford motor company has a joint venture with Koc Holdings group in Turkiye --- they assemble commercial vehicles like the Transit Connect and Cargo. Does that make them Turkish vehicles? No. It doesnt.

not to say that it isnt beneficial or that it doesnt create local jobs....it's commendable! But it's just not ''indian'' or ''made in india''

as the topic here is ''made in india'' then perhaps you should be responsible and not try to mislead people with false information.

What has Pakistan manufactured till date , kindly enlighten me in a separate thread plz !

Meanwhile , take a look at this :

url

Only today I realised that India's auto industry is fully mature.

The top 10 auto-makers in the world have a substantial commitment and exposure in the Ind. market. $ Billions in investment, 1000's of employees, multiple factories and offices, large scale sales, marketing & distribution channels with related infrastructure costs sunk in. Large advertising budgets. Sizable exports. Exports re: 100 % finished products, auto related services like outsourcing and call-centers, parts exports. I have a feeling that parts and services exports to OEM's and aftermarket destinations may be a hit. This can even grow to be bigger than branded vehicle exports. Scale is everything, and the scale of India's small vehicles based auto industry is giant size AND EXPANDING.

No other country can compete with India re: small vehicle eco-system fundamentals. Cheapest combo of large homegrown market, cheap steel, labour and pro-active govt. At this pace, India will be the world's undisputed small car hub. France, Italy, Japan and recently Korea carried that mantle but are stuck. So they make high or medium cost small vehicles. With EU and Japan going out of whack re: Global Fin. Crises and Tsunami etc., said action has moved to India. Like pick-up's & Thailand.

Obvious question is wotabout China. China market is dominated by large foreign players peddling mid size sedans and a few local players doing good small cars and innovation. But not a Global small car hub. Chinese small car player's have some way to go before they catch up with India's majority foreign run small car biz.

Pak., Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Brazil, S. Africa, Russia ... even China could learn (maybe too late) from this successfull Govt. of India initiative. It's not a 1-off wonder, the Indian gov. built it up layer-on-layer from bicycles, moped's, scooter's and tractors, motor-cyles and now small vehicles. India has the world's largest factories in said bicycles and 2-3-4 wheel vehicles. Simply amazing, no really - I suppose the govt. there does do some things r8 ! Mesays this was some time coming since the Govt. has been pushing 25 yrs. (since maruti days) for this India 'small car thing' to take-off.

My 2 nayye paise, comments?

Yes you are right; China auto industry is relatively under developed as compared to India. China automotive industry is mainly dominated by foreign brands, while in India the foreign brands compete hard with the local brands for the market.

On a general note, China's industrial scenario is hugely dominated by state owned enterprises (SOE’s). This has led to selective development of certain sectors and under development of others. Now in the newer plan, the Chinese have enlisted automobile industry as a strategic priority. It remains to be seen how China will develop automobile brands that can compete with the foreign one; however, it is easier said than done. Developing Baosteel into one of the biggest steel company in the world is one thing and building a brand out of Beijing Automobile Works or Chery Automobile is another.

Yes you are right; China auto industry is relatively under developed as compared to India. China automotive industry is mainly dominated by foreign brands, while in India the foreign brands compete hard with the local brands for the market.

On a general note, China's industrial scenario is hugely dominated by state owned enterprises (SOE’s). This has led to selective development of certain sectors and under development of others. Now in the newer plan, the Chinese have enlisted automobile industry as a strategic priority. It remains to be seen how China will develop automobile brands that can compete with the foreign one; however, it is easier said than done. Developing Baosteel into one of the biggest steel company in the world is one thing and building a brand out of Beijing Automobile Works or Chery Automobile is another.

that is not true ! they make 10 times more cars than us ! They are no. 1

Automotive industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, China has much bigger market then India. My post is related to indigenous automobile industry. They don't have international brands

Most of the Chinese brands are copycats of International brands. (I mean reverse engineering :D)

That may be true. But they do have homegrown car companies. Here in WI i see lot of Chinese SUVs and trucks like FAW, BYD, Geely

That may be true. But they do have homegrown car companies. Here in WI i see lot of Chinese SUVs and trucks like FAW, BYD, Geely

That depends on how you consider 'homegrown car companies'. It would be hard for a Chinese car maker to brand a car in international markets, if it is a copy of some foreign brands.

I mean Mahindra & Mahindra can sell Scorpio any where in the world, but can Chery Automobile sell one of its copied car in international markets without attracting costly law suits?

List of law suits aganist Chinese car makers

Chinese Cars - China Motor Vehicle Documentation Centre - Lawsuits

Please keep the thread clean..... Let it be Made in India Thread.
Chinese and other cars can be discussed in other thread.

^^^^^^

:argh:

Tangent, sorry to say nothing ... :hehe: ... 'clean' about us Indo-Pak ppl.'s ;)
Jade, thanks, I was not so sure myself re: China vehicles market. Much appreciate.

Point to Note: The bet's on India's small (car) vehicles industry only, pls. & thank you!

Correct me if wrong, China might as well take on the mid-to large size market.

'Reverse engg.' :chilli: has got China quite upto the mark (tried and tested way to the top).

The momentum will carry China fwd. to the big game. Why make small cars and vehicles when one can make bigger ones? More of everything, including profits. It's not like China biz.'s scared of Americans or Germans or ... hehe ... anything like that only. And now that the Govt. is on the ball re: the industry, plenty of 'Western' mktg. Co.'s will peddle China cars, like buddy above says re: the Caribean, and money will be ... 'found'.

I wonder why China just don't come right out and buy the rest of us out in one big-bang buyout ;) .
There's no quarrel here, China's pulled clean ahead of India by some 10 yrs. No debate.

Between India's small cars and China doing all other types of vehicles,
they could clean up the bottom and top markets real good.

I saw some factory fit, new versions of Indian ... hehe ... vehicles yesterday on the net, will up-load in due time.
It's old news maybe, hope ppl. don't mind specially since I've not seen the stuff in here.
For eg :

India launches world's first hydrogen-powered three-wheeler

India-launches-worlds-first-hydrogen-powered-three-wheeler_295x220.jpg

The world’s first hydrogen-powered three-wheeler vehicle, the Hy-Alfa, was recently launched at the World Hydrogen Technologies Convention 2009 in New Delhi, India. The hydrogen powered internal combustion engine manufactured by Indian tractor manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra runs on compressed hydrogen gas. Hy-Alfa comes in both passenger and cargo versions. Both versions have a cabin and an 8-horsepower, 4-stroke diesel engine. The passenger version has passenger seats and a separate luggage compartment while the cargo version features a large cargo box for more load. Mahindra & Mahindra R&D Center General Manager Matthew Abraham said that the Hy-Alfa’s zero-emission quality makes for more comfortable driving on congested city roads. “Hydrogen is, in fact, the technology and fuel of tomorrow and is the long term solution to pollution, energy security and carbon dioxide emission related concerns,” Abraham said. Hydrogen powered vehicles such as the Hy-Alfa are said to be in demand because it is said to be safer for health and the environment due to its near-zero emission of greenhouse gases and other elements. Hydrogen, when burned, emits only water vapor. In addition, hydrogen is said to have greater efficiency, having the capacity to take a fuel cell car at least twice as far as a gasoline-powered car. In its environment-friendly vehicle portfolio, Mahindra, based in Mumbai, India, already offers drivable full hybrid vehicles, “micro” hybrid vehicles, bio-fuel vehicles, an electric passenger vehicle and a hydrogen combustion engine vehicle. Mahindra is one among the companies that has signed an agreement with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization and the International Centre for Hydrogen Energy and Technology in Turkey for the execution of a demo project for 15 Hy-Alfa vehicles project next year at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.

The Mahindra Group was included by Forbes in the Top 200 list of the World's Most Reputable Companies and in the Top 10 list of the Most Reputable Indian companies.

(c) Ecoseed, http://www.ecoseed.org/green-transp...world-s-first-hydrogen-powered-three-wheeler-

Thnaks Indo-Carib, I often think Chinese brands are good enough for the rest of us, maybe not good enough for elite OECD ans such types, wotsay bro.?

We have a Chinese "mini-suv" in India which hardly sells a 50units/month. it is Zotye Nomad-2 known in India as Premier Rio.
Force Motors(Bajaj Tempo) is going to release a SUV sometime Soon. Rumours that it is also a Chinese Model. why these companies lost their path? they would've invested in R&D or co-developed a vehicle in India.

We have a Chinese "mini-suv" in India which hardly sells a 50units/month. it is Zotye Nomad-2 known in India as Premier Rio.
Force Motors(Bajaj Tempo) is going to release a SUV sometime Soon. Rumours that it is also a Chinese Model. why these companies lost their path? they would've invested in R&D or co-developed a vehicle in India.

Yes I think its called Force One, but atleast it has got Merc engine. They might do ok, if the price is low.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom