What's new

Made in India Vehicles

We have a Chinese "mini-suv" in India which hardly sells a 50units/month. it is Zotye Nomad-2 known in India as Premier Rio.
Force Motors(Bajaj Tempo) is going to release a SUV sometime Soon. Rumours that it is also a Chinese Model. why these companies lost their path? they would've invested in R&D or co-developed a vehicle in India.
The mini suv concept is good, and will sell good numbers...but the problem is that once it was discovered that it was a chinese SUV, it's market sank.
Hope Mahindra, TATA or TVS ( they have the best R&D centre among 2wheelers) take up the project of Mini SUV.

RE: mini-SUV's, methinks it's a smashing idea. Why:

[/LIST]

[*]SUV's, even mini SUV's, are technically speaking, easier to manufacture.
  • Bad precedents by HM and others.
  • The deepening 2'nd and 3'rd tier semi-rural markets are different re: Hero or Bajaj bikes markets.
images

Problem is the market is 'spoiled' rotten with cheaper, high quality sub-compacts like Suzuki Maruti, Hyundai & Tata. So even the non-city yahoo's aspire and wind up with 'city' cars, too slick for their own good. Enter mini SUV's - I beleive this can be a 'dis-continuous' game changer. Mini SUV Co.'s like Sonalika mini SUV division, Premier Rio, other's like TVS, HM, should enter this as a mass market play. Sadly, some Co.'s have mucked up the market.

Tough Job- A mini-SUV to Compete With Tradition, Below
--------------------------------------------------------

images

So an Indian/Indigenous ( it really means non-Chinese) modular, mini-SUV; a vehicle than can be modulated for ppl. and goods moving. Think labourers, bricks, chickens, goats, milk, cement, sand, steel, and also farm produce. Also, families. Sounds contradictory, but that's the stuff that emerging markets are made of. Pick - up truck type mini SUV. Manufacturer's mush get real and come up with a reasonable vehicle for the 'donkey cart/bael gaadi' (bullock cart) slot!

Priced at Rs. 1-2 Lakhs, at the 3 wheeler benchmark. Come to think of it, the Maruti-Suzuki Jimny was ahead of it's time though very expensive for said slot. Said slot is now catered to by Hero Honda and Bajaj bikes in the lower end and 3-wheelers and mini Trucks at the higher end:(

Rather have a Tata Safari I think. Bit more compact... more suitable to Indian urban roads.

596128d1313761629-force-motors-suv-launched-edit-launched-11lac-ex-showroom-mumbai-forcesuv_759190f.jpg

596138d1313763083-force-motors-suv-launched-edit-launched-11lac-ex-showroom-mumbai-untitled.jpg

596139d1313763348-force-motors-suv-launched-edit-launched-11lac-ex-showroom-mumbai-untitled2.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Rather have a Tata Safari I think. Bit more compact... more suitable to Indian urban roads.

Chinese body with a German heart. But priced at 12 Lakhs, I doubt they ll be selling many of these.

Apparently Amitabh Bacchan is the brand ambassador for this, and he has bought two of these already. I am so believing that:rofl:

Force Motors is a **** company...
It screwed the MAN trucks. and this product will go the Premier Rio way....
They don't have any product that have a pan India appeal... Tempo Trax is a rural product ...Traveller ??? It's not seen now a days on the road... The best product of this company was Tempo..remember the three wheeled public transporter with engine on the front wheel

:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli: MADE IN CHINA WONT EVEN WORK AFTER 6 MONTHS.....

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I THINK WE SHUD TOO START MASS PRODUCING... ATLEAST WE WILL DELIVER QUALITY PRODUCTS...

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I THINK WE SHUD TOO START MASS PRODUCING... ATLEAST WE WILL DELIVER QUALITY PRODUCTS...

no need to bash china.....it will ruin the thread....

There is no Chinese tag here. Technology from Daimler and design from Lotus Engineering UK. No chinese inputs whatsoever

Read more at: Force One SUV starts at Rs 10.65 lakh; to compete with Innova, Safari - NDTV Profit

They are obviously not going to advertise about the Chinese origin of the vehicle. The whole body and interior is same a the Chinese SUV made by Fodoy. Engine is from Daimler and Lotus Engineering probably worked on suspension and handling.

Tell me if it looks exactly the same or not.

Guangdong-Foday-explorer.jpg

Thats Guangdonf Foday Explorer 3

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom