What's new

Made in India Vehicles

^^To be fair though, these aren't made in India.

How can you sure about that, looks like those buses have TATA chassis and engine. Volvo has body shop in India too, so there is a probability that it might be 100% Indian.

How can you sure about that, looks like those buses have TATA chassis and engine. Volvo has body shop in India too, so there is a probability that it might be 100% Indian.

First two buses i think are produced by Tata Hispano outside India, probably in Spain or Morocco, so won't be right to put them in Made in India Vehicles thread. But the third picture looks like of Tata Hispano Globus which are produced at AGCL plant in Goa. Would you put some more info on the first two? or where did you get those pictures from?

They have neither.

Those are Tata Hispano Buses. Hispano was a Spanish bus maker, builds coaches on Man, Mercedez and Volvo platform. Tata now owns Hispano, but the the buses are still made in Spain. If you look at the first photo it even has the logo of Volvo.

j3Gck.jpg

So not a made in India vehicle, just like Jaguar is not made in India vehicle.

They have neither.

Those are Tata Hispano Buses. Hispano was a Spanish bus maker, builds coaches on Mercedez and Volvo platform. Tata now owns Hispano, but the the buses are still made in Spain. If you look at the first photo it even has the logo of Volvo.

j3Gck.jpg

So not a made in India vehicle, just like Jaguar is not made in India vehicle.

If that is the case, i hope TATA start building those buses in India. :)

Tata Motors launches Vista variant at Rs 3.88 lakh

Press Trust of India / Mumbai August 23, 2011, 20:51 IST

The country's largest automaker Tata Motors today launched a new version of its hatchback Vista with a starting price of Rs 3.88 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

all-new-indica-vista1.thumbnail.jpg

Photo (c) http://www.cubiccapacity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/all-new-indica-vista1.thumbnail

It is powered by a 1.3-L common rail direct injection Quadrajet diesel engine and 1.4-L MPFi Safire petrol engine, the company said in a statement here.
The Vista will be offered in six colours, it said.

(c) Business Standard

---xxx---

Mesays not bad ... getting ok all the time. Wotsay?

^^^^^^^^^^^
The DeletedUser, why not? Just curious ...

I am not sure, hypothetically speaking of course, if I can so no so easily anymore.

---xxx---

Re: previous posts of bigger vehicles ....
Maaan ... Indian trucks & buses; the worst kacchchrrr in the world, going absolutely shooon-shaan ;)

If 3-Wheeler Co.'s decide to do the same and upgrade their 'auto's', the road scene will become Bollywood-esque.
R8 now the road's are dominated by ... hehe ... Tata 'Baba Adam' type trucks and Bajaj 'auto's' which are give the word automatic a new meaning.

Desi shoon-shaan maal on the roads is giving a ... hehe ... 'slick and imported' Pak. style look to road traffic wotsay? Maybe, but much is 'shoon-shaan' indiginous ;).

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Heard VW UP! will be released next month for 3.5L, any info regarding this.

That looks ugly :lol:

Although I'd have to say, those Ashok Leylands look really damn good.

I like the Tata Aria.

Taste for the "looks" changes with time.. Maruti Swift was ugliest looking car on India and was selling on discount ...then...rest is history.
Another case is Ritz.. It looks odd to many ...but beauty to many..

^^^

Would make a nice family car. Personally? I wouldn't buy it. :smokin:
I know! the perception that Tata's made on Indians with generation 1 Indicas :lol: followed by Indica Taxis. Even NANO is suffering from Tata's taxi car maker image although Vista and Manza are really good VFM cars.
--
Believe Me(if You can), Vista is much much better than if you compare with Indica's. They are powered by the fiat multijets. build quality has improved. Vista's and Punto's came from the same assembly line IINM(If I'm Not Mistaken).

Swift's rattles(Vista's don't), alignment issues etc ..but "MARUTI" brand covered every negativity of swift with it's service and cheaper spares. Tatas are yet to reach that phase.

Tata service still remains not so great - except for few major service centres like prerena,concorde etc.

The TATA Aria is looking pretty handy although I think the interior looks very outdated and could be vastly improved. Any idea of it is going to be launched for the export market? I think it could have a good market.

+ any idea if there is any cross talking in organisations like TATA and AL who have bought forign companies like JAGUAR/LR and Hispano buses, is anything being taken from these organisations to improve domestic industrial manufacturing?? Or are they being used as revenue earning entities only??

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom