Tata Winger (After)

tatawinger_lending_02.jpg
tatawinger_lending_01.jpg

Force Traveller (Before)
4175d1269666097-force-traveller-swaraj-mazda-2traveller_luxury.jpg

Force Traveller(After)
lextran_lending_02.jpg

lextran_lending_01.jpg

this was from a south african forum some 5 years back(I can't recollect the source).
Below thing is about infamous Tata Indica which was exported to these countries(spain,sa etc). having owned a Indica few years back, I agree the car lacked pick up and high on maintenance.
Q: How do you Upgrade a TATA?

A: Put in an engine.

Q: Why do TATA's have heated rear windows?

A: To keep your hands warm when you're pushing them.

Q. What's the difference between a TATA and the principal's office?

A. It's less embarrassing if your friends see you leaving the principal's office.

Q: What goes on pages 4-5 of the TATA's user's manual?

A: The train & bus schedule.

A man goes to a parts garage:

Man: "Can I have a windshield wiper for a TATA please?"

Parts man: "Yeah, that seems like a fair swap."

Q: What is the sport-version of TATA?

A: The driver wears Nike shoes.

Q: What do you call a TATA at the top of a hill?

A: A miracle.

Q: What do you call two TATA's at the top of a hill?

A: A mirage.

Q: What do you call a TATA with dual exhausts?

A: A wheelbarrow.

Q: How do you double the value of a TATA ?

A: Half fill it with petrol!

Q: What do you call a TATA with brakes?

A: Customized.

Q: What do you have to do if your TATA gets in the way of a swarm of killer bees?

A: Stop pushing and take refuge into the car.

Q: What is the TATA owner's most ardent wish?

A: To buy a car.

Q: What do you call a TATA with a seat belt?

A: A rucksack.

Q: How do you make a TATA go faster uphill?

A: Throw out the passenger.

Q: How do you make a TATA go faster downhill?

A: Turn off the engine.

Q: What do you call a TATA with a flat tire?

A: A write off.

TATA has announced a new 16 Valve model for 2006.

8 in the engine, 8 in the radio.

John - I can see you've got a new car - a TATA!

Sally - Yes, I won the second prize in a lottery.

John - What was the first prize then?

Sally - A fruit-basket.

TATA's are so slow that you actually have to wipe off the bugs from the rear end of the car

Top 10 Tata faults:

1. Your passenger seat is on the National Register of Historic Places.

2. Instead of an air bag, there is a whoopee cushion taped to your steering wheel.

3. You lose the stoplight challenge to a 14 year old on a moped.

4. 15 minute Jiffy Lube needs to keep you car for 3 days.

5. When you gas up, the attendant asks, "Can I re-duct tape that windshield for you?"

6. Thieves repeatedly break in your car just to steal the "Club."

7. While sitting at a stop light, people keep running up to you and asking if anyone was hurt.

8. For the last five years, you've had to settle for making "vroom, vroom" noises while in the driveway.

9. You keep losing dates on left turns.

10. Traffic reporters start referring to you by name when discussing morning tie-ups.

^^^^
This is grossly exaggerated. I own a TATA indigo and my brother in law has a TATA indica . We never had any problem whatsoever in the last 5 years. In fact the newer TATA indicas and Indigos are supposed to be even better.

^^^^
This is grossly exaggerated. I own a TATA indigo and my brother in law has a TATA indica . We never had any problem whatsoever in the last 5 years. In fact the newer TATA indicas and Indigos are supposed to be even better.

I'm talking about the first model of the Indica.

this was from a south african forum some 5 years back(I can't recollect the source).
Below thing is about infamous Tata Indica which was exported to these countries(spain,sa etc). having owned a Indica few years back, I agree the car lacked pick up and high on maintenance.

Those are generic comments, nicked from elsewhere. Not for TATA.

12 Reasons to Buy a New Car*

1. Your passenger seat is on the National Register of Historic Places.

2. Instead of an airbag, there’s a whoopie cushion taped to your steering wheel.

3. You lose the stop-light challenge to a 14-year old on a moped.

4. 15-Minute Jiffy Lube lasts for only 3 days.

5. Thieves repeatedly break into your car just to take “The Club.”

6. When you gas up, the attendant asks “Can I re-duct-tape that windshield for you?”

7. While waiting at stop light, people run up asking if anyone was hurt.

8. For the last five years, you’ve had to settle for making “vroom vroom” noises while sitting in the driveway.

9. You keep losing dates on left turns.

10. Your gas gauge measures in cubits.

11. Traffic reporters are starting to refer to you by name when discussing morning tie-ups.

12. It hasn’t been the same since Henry Ford borrowed it.

: What do you call a Skoda with a long radio aerial?
A: A dodgem
Q: What do you call a Skoda with a sun roof?
A: A skip
Q: How do you double the value of a Skoda?
A: Fill it with petrol
Q: Why do Skodas have a heated rear windscreen?
A: To keep your hands warm when you're pushing it
A man walks into a garage and says: 'Can I have a windscreen wiper for my Skoda?' The attendant replies: 'Yeah, seems like a fair swap!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urer-breaks-200mph-barrier.html#ixzz1WWjehDvr

Looks like replaced Lada ( a Russian car ) with Tata

Mahindra to Target Overseas Markets With New SUV

MUMBAI -- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said Friday it will target western Europe, Latin America, Africa, Australia and Southeast Asia with a new sport-utility vehicle that will be introduced by the end of December.

India's biggest SUV maker by sales will initially sell the vehicle, XUV500, in the home market and South Africa before its worldwide introduction, Pawan Goenka, president for automotive and farm equipment business, told a news conference.

Mahindra will utilize the sales network of its unit, South Korea's Ssangyong Motor Corp., to sell the vehicle worldwide, he said, adding the SUV will be produced at a factory at Chakan in western India.

Selling the XUV500 in major overseas markets will be a key test for Mahindra as it will likely face strong competition from auto giants such as Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and Nissan Motor Co. At the same time, utilizing Ssangyong's distribution network will help Mahindra to save on costs as well as time needed for establishing an independent network overseas.

Mumbai-based Mahindra, which already sells its SUVs such as the Scorpio and Bolero in several overseas markets, previously announced plans to sell a compact diesel pickup based on the Scorpio platform in the U.S. but that attempt is yet to fructify.

"This is designed as a global SUV and has been designed to meet both the emission and safety requirements of several markets where we have a presence today, and others that we are eyeing," Mr. Goenka said. He said the company plans to sell the XUV500 in more markets after gauging the response in regions such as western Europe and Australia.

The SUV will be offered at a starting price of more than 1.2 million rupees ($26,258), extending to less than 2.0 million rupees, Mr. Goenka said, adding that additional details such as engine specifications will be announced at the time of launch.

In India, the XUV500 is likely to be pitched against SUVs from companies such as Toyota Motor Corp., Mitsubishi Motors Corp., General Motors and Ford. Mr. Goenka said the current market in India for SUVs costing less than 1.2 million rupees is about 300,000 units each year, and about 25,000 units for those costing more than 1.2 million rupees.

As part of the growing synergies between the two companies, Mahindra will soon starting selling Ssangyong SUVs in South Africa, said Mr. Goenka, also the chairman of Ssangyong.

Late last year, Mahindra bought a 70.03% stake in Ssangyong, South Korea's smallest auto maker by sales, for KRW522.5 billion.

Mahindra to Target Overseas Markets With New SUV - WSJ.com

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom