What's new

Made in India Vehicles

There are lot of Indians who are loaded, and lot of exotic cars in India. But this thread is about Indian automobile companies. Can we leave out the off topic comments?

Trust a Pakistani to boast about their corrupt politicians :lol:

=============================================

1028.jpg

070211manza2-big.jpg

common men have confidence in maruti..and mahindra..
tata still has the chalta he attitude particularly those who have experienced tata Indica's(version 1) will tell you more.

Scorpio%20Brazil%20Victory.jpg

cbp200620090159.jpg

dsc07285.jpg

p6210007.jpg

[video=metacafe;3394501/suv_mahindra_scorpio_pick_up_at_rally_dos_sertoes_]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3394501/suv_mahindra_scorpio_pick_up_at_rally_dos_sertoes_ brazil_2009/[/video]

SUV Mahindra Scorpio Pick-up at Rally Dos Sertoes Brazil 2009

probably the best image.........................
its already in my desktop..............

ashok_leyland_fat_l2.jpg

What I find funny is that the "cockiness" is unwarranted. These boys are still mastering golf carts when we're selling our products to the likes of the US, UK, Italy, Germany etc.

...Come to think of it, the "cockiness" is in fact "butthurt".

i made my position so clear that even a five year old autistic child could have comprehended it...so, it's very bizarre that you are still going on bandwagon about "burning" and this or that. Am i not entitled to my opinion?

as for those golfcarts (Sitara) or whatever they are --you are talking about. Those are absolute junk too. But for those low income people who wish to "upgrade" and pay only rs. 1 lakh --- they have that choice. Like people who buy the tata nono.

Cars like Adam Revo (defunct) were a "functional" idea and okay for what one paid for and expected as a first car; but Adam Motors lacked planning and management skills...and Suzuki had enough muscle and support in govt...so at last Adam was history

the demographic these cars are marketed to is specific; lower incomes people. Middle and upper income Pakistanis are more brand and image conscious. And at the price of Sitara (which has now escalated to 1.59 lakh Pakistani rupees), one can get a second hand version of Suzuki's 800 cc model that you call, Maruti 800 (which actually, i also view as junk.....the only decent thing Suzuki makes are ATVs sportbikes and jetskis)

again -- PERSONAL OPINION

Well let's compare the difference. Your politicians are dirt poor and drive in those hindustan ambassadors, which are the ugliest bucket of bolts...absolute junk cars

Hindustan Ambassadors ... hmm ...here's the pic of PM's motorcade :

610x.jpg

U may take pride in your local junk cars, and we have no automotive industry because everyone prefers to buy foreign brands

We take pride in both our local cars as well the best automakers from all over the world who have set up shop here :

Ford , GM , Renault-Nissan , Hyundai , Skoda , Volkswagen , Mercedes , Chevrolet , Audi , Honda , Toyota , BMW ...... the list goes on.

But this thread is about Indian made vehicles ...so sit back , relax and enjoy the pics. :)

i made my position so clear that even a five year old autistic child could have comprehended it...so, it's very bizarre that you are still going on bandwagon about "burning" and this or that. Am i not entitled to my opinion?

as for those golfcarts (Sitara) or whatever they are --you are talking about. Those are absolute junk too. But for those low income people who wish to "upgrade" and pay only rs. 1 lakh --- they have that choice. Like people who buy the tata nono.

Cars like Adam Revo (defunct) were a "functional" idea and okay for what one paid for and expected as a first car; but Adam Motors lacked planning and management skills...and Suzuki had enough muscle and support in govt...so at last Adam was history

the demographic these cars are marketed to is specific; lower incomes people. Middle and upper income Pakistanis are more brand and image conscious. And at the price of Sitara (which has now escalated to 1.59 lakh Pakistani rupees), one can get a second hand version of Suzuki's 800 cc model that you call, Maruti 800 (which actually, i also view as junk.....the only decent thing Suzuki makes are ATVs sportbikes and jetskis)

again -- PERSONAL OPINION

And who told you Indians are not? Here's the sales figures from last year and half yearly figures for current year.

4lghlf.jpg

Lets see the figures for Pakistan shall we?

Toyota-44,000(2010), Honda-14000(2010) and the rest is mainly Mehran Suzuki. Very classy:rofl:
================================================

Anyways this thread is about Indian automobiles. I know what you have said is your personal opinion, but have you ever driven an Indian car? Or your opinion is just based on hate? I have driven all sorts of car, including Indian ones, you name it I have driven it. To me Indian cars are no different than say Hyundai, Suzuki and Kia, and they are only going to get better.

You may like discouraging and mocking your domestic car companies, Indians don't. So lets give it a rest yeah.

nope, never driven in indian cars.....though i did work for sales/exports division for commercial vehicles @ Ford Otosan (Turkey).

i still have access to a few automotive sales publications somehow.....i'll be sure to double-check on those figures, since you didn't even post the source for your information

and to compare Pakistani vs. indian automotive sales is beyond immature. India is a HUGE country with a MUCH larger market.

It's not about discouraging or any of that....I just like a car that is built properly, made from quality materials and will not fall apart after 1 -2 years. I'm also addicted to torque, and i doubt any of these cars are making more than 100 lb ft of torque (forget the nano!)

not to say that its a bad effort by india.....not many countries are producing cars domestically; it's a noble effort i guess. To me it's junk, to you its treasure. Different tastes, different needs...

Tarmour Heavy armored personnel carrier

tarmour.jpg

Thts a failed project.... a t-55 converted into an APC.

My newest vehicle(working on it) is 35 years old...................:partay:

And this is what it will look like in a week or so.
2rf3253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom