What's new

Made in India Vehicles

I don't now about you guys but I think Scorpio's an ugly car. Tata make better looking cars IMO:
8.Kodanadu+estate%2528nose%2529.JPG

This is a Safari ...dunno y but Punjabi's love the **** outa this...(Maybe the pop culture)

It's a PSed Indica V2.Had a diesel variant in the family,huge VFM product:)

Its not a photoshoped pic..that is called INDICA SILHOUETTE concept!!
Tata_Indica_Silhouette.jpg

This is not a budget city car with a tiny engine, but rather a track monster powered by a 3.5 liter V6 mounted at the rear of the car, powering the rear wheels as well. This setup instantly reminds us of the Renault Clio V6, but this isn’t exactly a production road car, so think of it more of similiar to the Golf GTI W12-650. The 3.5 liter V6 engine (a race- ready version of the Renault- Nissan VQ engine) produces 330 PS at 7.000rpm and sends the 850kg Tata Indica Silhouette barrelling down the roads up to the 100km/h mark in just 4.5 seconds, up to a top speed of 270km/h. The engine is mated to a 6-speed sequential gearbox. The 2-seater car is built on a space frame steel chassis made with aeronautical steel and uses the engine as a stress member. The car uses an adjustable progressive rate pneumatic suspension system. For track duties, it has a data logging system and a high-accuracy GPS unit. :)

why?

because i think it's junk....50-60 km/h offset crash, or a good t-bone at an intersection -- then what? But everything is relative. It's safer than riding on a motorbike; but that's just about it really. And for the same price you pay for a nano -- i could go to Peshawar and buy a hardly used GSX-R 750 Suzuki and I would actually be able to pick girls up in that thing :laugh:

but then again, maybe i've just been spoiled.

lol

TATA Nano is not for spoiled brats but for common man who dreams of owning a car, but only have the budget to buy a motorcycle.

This is one of my favorite TATA Nano commercials. It precisely conveys the joy of owning a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

Hey I found the full song on Youtube re: above ad., young Amitabh, Moushmi et al, real sweet :

:(

Oye Nitin-Nothing, wot's with the personal attack yaar.
Make your point, never mind the 'loser ... blah-blah-blah' bit.
Why expose one's ignorance, really ?

Abu, let's you and me be the "bigger man" :yahoo:.

Dear roy_gourav,

While I like your posts, no really ; pls. take it easy on Indian ishtyle chest thumping. YOu live in Oz, no. U r Ozzie yeah!

Ambassador Pick-Up Truck Spy Shot & Blurb
----------------------------------------------------

hindustan-ambassador-pickup-truck-1.jpg

Following the lines of Tata, Mahindra and Force motors, HM plans to launch a pick-up truck. Netizens have taken spy pictures of pick-up truck based on ambassador.Hindustan motors will use the 1.5L diesel engine which is already doing the duty under the hood of ambassdor for decades.

HM might borrow petrol engine from Isuzu for the pick-up truck.HM’s pick-up truck will take on the Tata 207, Force Maxx and Mahindra bolero.

(C) Vicky.in

I much appreciate feedback from our Pak members. I appreciate feedback from our Inidan members also. A 'carib' member wrote he saw stuff his side of the world.

Let's share. TO give credit where credit is due, most of our Pak members have been less dishing of this thread. This one 'turk' type is a renowned troll who has been banned from this and several other threads for Inida bashing. His English gives him away, usually. He's the exception.

To all Pak, Indo and other bro.'s : Peace Out :)

------xxx--------

:usflag:

Here goes, now released all 'propah':

Hindusatan Motors - Veer Pick-up semi truck

images

(c) BS Motoring.com

... hehe ... PT Cruiser anyone ? Or PT ka baap, at least in the fugghly quotient.

------xxx--------

Here goes, now released all 'propah':

Hindusatan Motors - Veer Pick-up semi truck

images

(c) BS Motoring.com

... hehe ... PT Cruiser anyone ? Or PT ka baap, at least in the fugghly quotient.

Hindustan Motors just went back into their dusty factory opened an old box, found the porter and bought it back.
A much better looking model was available back in the day called the "Porter". It did not make it big then and I don't see it making any news now. Dead on Arrival.
The Porter was built from off the Mark4..notice the chequered grill (early-80s)

Hindustan-Porter-Pick-Up.jpg

The fascination for the automobile in India started way back from the times of the Maharaja. BBC had one documentary on Rolls Royce and the Maharajas. Back then too India had cars tailor made for the fancy of our rajas that also include mini cars for the teenaged prince :) That is a complete different story that I shall cover some other time.

I'm sure many of us do not the First Ever Made in India Car?

well..not exactly Indian but it was manufactured in India. It was based on the Morris 10, the 1947 model to be precise and was called the Hindustan 10
HM+10.bmp

It was powered by 1140cc/ 37 bhp/ 4 speed manual/Over Head Valve Engine that it shared with its stablemate the Wolsey 10. The first Hindustan 10 rolled out of Uttarpara, W.B in 1948.

A highly collectible car just for the fact that it was made in India.
Below, a well restored Hindustan 10. Not a fan of the color for such a period car but seems to be well kept.
2513004333_4680ddfa3a_o.jpg

The first car designed and made in India was by Standard Motors called the Gazel. (1971)

4413130937_3ae60e03d4.jpg

4178313747_da67de0cba_z.jpg

great find @Trisonics. BTW, I have heard about Ambassador's predecessor called "Baby Hindustan" . It was in 1950s. Afterwards, Current Amby inspired from Morris Oxford-III is made. The Older Ambassadors are Collectors item. First Ambassadors are called "Landmasters".

This is the Morris Oxford Series III England Made:
800px-Morris_Oxford_Series_III.jpg

This is the Hindustan Ambassador Landmaster with OHV Engine :
509640d1298983656-landmaster-ambassador-picture-gallery-photo-0205.jpg

Ambys are Nostalgic for Indians. afterall, Amby and Premier Padmini's(Fiat 1100d) ruled the Indian roads for many decades. Amby still feels Great. the rear seating space et al. :)
Found an Appreciation Video, from VOA about our Amby's :
A Song:

---------
BTW, I finds it disgusting from Hindustan Motors to come with such an ugly pick-up in this 21st century. surely, these Birlas are thinking We are still Stuck in 1990's. :sick:

The baby hindustan was actually the Morris Minor. Small correction: The pics you have posted are of the Ambassador Mark 1. land Masters had a very curved backside.
HINDUSTAN%20LANDMASTER%5B19%5D.jpg

edit: The second pic does look like the Land Master.

Rohitbir Singh Sandhu, your design and ideas are really good.

Your Contessa digital mod-job is fantastic, you'd be stupid to give up on it.

How many ppl. have actually reduced their Contessa re-mod ideas to practice like you have.

Pls. find benefactors to sponsor you to go ahead and prototype your Contessa.
Try patronage from NRI and PIO types, advertise on Dubai, Sing. and other NRI/PIO sites.
Also, try your local neighbourhood. Indians, rich Indians, are very open to ingenuity and innovation. Hell, try here ... ;)

I can see 1/2 a dozen desi techies in California drooling over your Contessa, try to connect .. try your local TiE chapter.

You must go ahead bro. I encourage you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom