What's new

'Made in India' trains to chug in Pakistan, Bangladesh

^^^ can we talk some specifics here. Which engines do you think they bought/are buying, and what are the specs.

Well, most of India's trains on board guage system while 90% BD tracks are metre guage which is
not suitable for high speeds. Even here BD railways first wanted metre guage and your locomotive
factories don't manufacture it now. To completely overhaul the system specially our eastern trakcs
to board guage will take billions of takas which doesn't seem to be the case and if we want to
have a improved system why not source from experience countries like Germany (no offence to india). This current BAL plan will make us dependent on India for maintenance.

And when I was talking about india's best I was talking about the WAP5 and WAP7 desiel loco that
india manufactures. These have a avg speed of 110km/h and max of 180km/h and runs on w.bengal and if the fagots in the Gov want to buy from india they should consider these which is not
the case here.

Indian locomotive class WAP-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian locomotive class WAP-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To all Bangladeshi guys:

Shouting on a PDF is not going to help if you don like Indian stuff…no one is going to force you to buy the Indian goods… You can reach someone else, world is now a open market…don simply show to all your level of frustration….Bangladesh is Independent country ruled by Bangladeshi, so being a Bangladeshi you can easily make them understand… Work had there not on PDF.

Well, most of India's trains on board guage system while 90% BD tracks are metre guage which is
not suitable for high speeds. Even here BD railways first wanted metre guage and your locomotive
factories don't manufacture it now. To completely overhaul the system specially our eastern trakcs
to board guage will take billions of takas which doesn't seem to be the case and if we want to
have a improved system why not source from experience countries like Germany (no offence to india). This current BAL plan will make us dependent on India for maintenance.

And when I was talking about india's best I was talking about the WAP5 and WAP7 desiel loco that
india manufactures. These have a avg speed of 110km/h and max of 180km/h and runs on w.bengal and if the fagots in the Gov want to buy from india they should consider these which is not
the case here.

How much electrified tracks do Bangladesh have. :what:

the case here.

Whatever you say about Awami League "fagots", at least they are not stupid enough to buy WAP engines and then realize that they have no electric tracks to run them in :rofl:

If people like you were in charge of BD instead of Awami League, then you would stupidly be spending crores of Taka buying super fast engines which would just be going straight to the junkyard :lol:

WAP5 and 7 are electric locos, you ll need to electrify the tracks for Bangladesh Railway first, which will again cost a lot and Bangladesh doesn't have a whole lot of electricity to spare.

So, Bangladeshi should have bought electric engines from India instead of murir tin diesel engines even Bangladesh don't have any electrified tracks. :rofl::rofl:

WAP5 and 7 are electric locos, you ll need to electrify the tracks for Bangladesh Railway first, which will again cost a lot and Bangladesh doesn't have a whole lot of electricity to spare.

Although electrification need investment but in the long term it is profitable because running cost of electric engines is far cheaper than diesel engines.

Jesus H Christ, India can't do right for doing wrong. What is India's big crime here? Wanting to sell and help develop her neighbors? If you guys want to stay under-developed, fine but don't expect development assistance from India if you people act like this when India tries to help. You guys obviously are happy with how you are, you can look on whilst India spends trillions on development and gets HSRs but still be content because you really showed India eh?

Although electrification need investment but in the long term it is profitable because running cost of electric engines is far cheaper than diesel engines.

Not to mention electric trains are powerful and faster than diesel ones.

How much electrified tracks do Bangladesh have. :what:

Since I am not a believer of the future $5 trillion stpid GDP, let me tell you frankly, not a single meter of railway has been made electricity-operated. Bangladesh inherited the British railway as India did. Moreover, this country has a big railway workshop in Saidpur. But, India surged ahead and we lagged behind. many of our lines have been de-commissioned. Only thing fully commissioned in Bangladesh is big talking by politicians and some others.

Yep thats true, however as I said Bangladesh has shortage of electricity as it is, so unless they get dedicated power stations for the railways and get the power shortage sorted out, electrification will be a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom