What's new

Ma Ying-jeou, Taiwan’s pro-China president, wins reelection

many

My Chinese comment was for the gentleman from China who said that because the Taiwanese had on their jacket we are Chinese meant they wanted reunification. I pointed out that was wrong.

As regards the party which wants peaceful relations with China winning is a no brainer but does that bring China closer to annexing Taiwan I doubt.

Your answers are not really related to what I wrote but more related to what the Chinese forumers wrote.

Anyway, as I think most Chinese on both sides don't think a forced reunification is desired. I just happens to come from a country that had overcome division. It was not ideology that actually brought us together again, it was first of all consumption. The East was inundated with West German, lifestyle and consumtion via TV. But also the possibility to travel anywhere you want was a big desire of East Germans. One of the funny thing about East Germans was to give their children names from countries they would like to travel, particularly Spanish and Italian names, two countries that are also favourite West German destinations.

In that sense, the mainland can already fulfill these two aspirations, BUT the disparity between the rich and the poor on the mainland is the greatest obstacle for unification IMO.

No, the American had decided for them ...

Nonsense you decide for them, not mention plenty fled Vietnam when the Vietcong came rolling in.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

In the End it seems Taiwan is bound to reunited with China.

Nonsense you decide for them, not mention plenty fled Vietnam when the Vietcong came rolling in.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

In the End it seems Taiwan is bound to reunited with China.

Leave their country is only their own decision ....

The World Recognizes one china, Taiwan really doesn't have much of a choice.

The election results show more than half of Taiwanese people are very pragmatic.

However, if you ask people in Taiwan: "Are you a Chinese?" they will answer: "No, I am a Taiwanese"

The election results show more than half of Taiwanese people are very pragmatic.

However, if you ask people in Taiwan: "Are you a Chinese?" they will answer: "No, I am a Taiwanese"

Does that change the fact of the one china policy ? Doesn't matter what they call themselves it's bound to happen. No one can stop China from Getting Taiwan.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom