What's new

M1a2 is best tank of the world ?

Does not have a formal confirmation?!

The F-15 for Saudi is better configured than USAF's F-15E. The M1A2 SEP certainly does not have as much technology to hide the secret as the F-15

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/this-is-a-fully-armed-f-15sa-the-most-advanced-product-1715732294

Saudi is a fastidious and wealthy consumer, spending more on military than Russia and India, US military contractors are not fooling themselves to export a lower version to them.

chi-tieu-quan-su-1525249284854684224938.png

M1A2S Saudi tank program
The main advantages of the M1A2S tank program are that the RSLF are using its existing M1A2 tank fleet and equipping it with an improved hunter/killer capability with second-generation FLIR. Additionally, the M1A2S will reduce operation and support costs, continue to utilize U.S. logistics systems when required, and will maintain a high degree of commonality with the US fleet. GDLS would design, develop, convert, implement and test a hybrid configuration of the M1A1, M1A2 and M1A2 System Enhancement Package (SEP) tank variants for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The vehicles would possess defined capabilities that increase lethality while limiting obsolescence.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m1a2s.htm

I have said from the beginning, Saudi is operating M1A2 SEP equivalent to the US Army. The depleted uranium armor is just a legend, similar to the RCS of the F-22, the M1A1 / A2 is still equipped with the DU Armor and still destroyed in Iraq in the years 2003-2006.

Have any videos tested M1A2 SEP V1 / V2 armor with ATGM like TOW 2B?

Abrams is fitted with Trophy so yes

M1 Abrams is best, when in US service.

I read a lot of posts, websites, military forums, despite the poor performance of M1 in the Middle East (Iraq, Yemen). It was destroyed by USSR and China's anti-tank old weapons, it is still the best tank in the world on western media rating, why?

While M1 has been advertised for a long time, it has a large number of fanboys. M1A2 in fact proved it was not as good as advertised. I have heard the legend of M1 Abram destroying 1000 T-72 during the Gulf War. And I can not find any real achievements was recorded by the USA. Or a successful product of US military advertising
I think its about the planning, deployment and strategy and support of other arms, which are all involved. its not the weapon itself.

Abrams is fitted with Trophy so yes
It is not related to my writing

Have any videos tested M1A2 SEP V1 / V2 armor with ATGM like TOW 2B?

I do not fabricate anything, you twat. Trolling is your forte, not mine.

I have pointed a fact to you that US doesn't export M1 Abrams with DEU mesh to its customers. I have provided relevant citation(s) to complement my assertions but you are ignoring them. Deagel is authentic insider source, and it confirmed my point. Pay heed.

You are not being to the point in your arguments and flooding your responses with largely irrelevant bits of information. Please try to be to the point.

oh ! and globalsecurity.com, army-technology.com is also authentic insider source. It's more prestigious than Deagel

M1A2S Saudi tank program
The main advantages of the M1A2S tank program are that the RSLF are using its existing M1A2 tank fleet and equipping it with an improved hunter/killer capability with second-generation FLIR. Additionally, the M1A2S will reduce operation and support costs, continue to utilize U.S. logistics systems when required, and will maintain a high degree of commonality with the US fleet. GDLS would design, develop, convert, implement and test a hybrid configuration of the M1A1, M1A2 and M1A2 System Enhancement Package (SEP) tank variants for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The vehicles would possess defined capabilities that increase lethality while limiting obsolescence.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m1a2s.htm

M1A2 SEP (System Enhancement Package): Has upgraded 3rd generation depleted uranium armor components with graphite coating
https://www.sofmag.com/m1a2-abrams-main-battle-tanks-next-upgrade-m1a2-sepv-v4/

Covering procurement and development of 69 tanks, the latest contract also extends the initial $58m deal secured by GDLS in 2008 for upgrade of Saudi Arabia’s M1A1 and M1A2 tanks to the M1A2S system enhancement package (SEP) standard to improve efficiency and capability of the armoured-vehicle.
https://www.army-technology.com/new...tional-m1a2s-abrams-tanks-saudi-arabian-army/

Abram SEP (V1) simply upgraded the armor, SEP V2 will have many more, but Saudi's M1A2 has been upgraded with SEP (V1). If the US does not export DEU mesh, so SEP for Saudi is ?

Has the United States ever tested M1A2 SEP V1 / 2/3 with TOW? I think the result is still the same as the T-72

In fact the Saudi M1A2S was destroyed by the ATGM of the former Soviet Union

Its performances of late suggest that this is not the case. Tanks have never been a US strong suit as we seen with the gasoline powered Sherman

Its performances of late suggest that this is not the case. Tanks have never been a US strong suit as we seen with the gasoline powered Sherman
forget Sherman. US Armor has come a long way.

The use of intelligence, net centric warfare, combined forces like maximum use of airforce, best ammunition, deep logistics lines etc and on top of that the planning and strategic procedures is what i meant by M1's performance in US service.

Has the United States ever tested M1A2 SEP V1 / 2/3 with TOW? I think the result is still the same as the T-72

In fact the Saudi M1A2S was destroyed by the ATGM of the former Soviet Union

Saudi M1?
did you read my post ? i said US service, not Saudi.

forget Sherman. US Armor has come a long way.

The use of intelligence, net centric warfare, combined forces like maximum use of airforce, best ammunition, deep logistics lines etc and on top of that the planning and strategic procedures is what i meant by M1's performance in US service.

Saudi M1?
did you read my post ? i said US service, not Saudi.
technology is similar

technology is similar

No it isn't.

If you are a talking technology about M1 only then protection and ammo type is debatable. I think there is a difference between local inducted and export models.

If you are talking about over all technology like factors I mentioned before such as use of comms, Air Force , planning, strategy etc, then definitely not.
This reminds me, training standards maybe a subject to ponder also.

Back
Top Bottom