What's new

Lt. Gen. Haroon Aslam Resigns.

oh please , I wont accept Express tribune, :) I was quoting his course mate.. I will confirm back but what I said was a general consensus in one particular gathering in Pindi. they said it was a wishful thinking but when I get time I will report back they might have been talking about someone else lol.

I respect his decision to resign but he played too much bitter by not attending the ceremony and dinner invitation from PM.

I've read something similar elsewhere as well that he was from the AJK Regiment !

Though I do not think that he overreacted by not going there - It was only natural ! Either Nawaz should not have given his word on the methodology of choosing the new COAS or he could've kept it !

I've read something similar elsewhere as well that he was from the AJK Regiment !

Though I do not think that he overreacted by not going there - It was only natural ! Either Nawaz should not have given his word on the methodology of choosing the new COAS or he could have kept it !
agreed completely

and here is the problem, Gen Raheel is getting bad publicity due to Mian sahib's choice. he might be good in his own right.. (hell all 5 top generals had exceptional resume.) but since he is PM's choice it is being seen negatively.

we all know our Mian Sahib has an attention span of few minutes and has a very different logical thinking (if any) while deciding upon such important matters... so selection on Gen Raheel might have had nothing to do with his abilities.

oh please , I wont accept Express tribune, :) I was quoting his course mate.. I will confirm back but what I said was a general consensus in one particular gathering in Pindi. they said it was a wishful thinking but when I get time I will report back they might have been talking about someone else lol.

I respect his decision to resign but he played too much bitter by not attending the ceremony and dinner invitation from PM.

If the Army wants to keep it's distance from politics, then it is wise to accept what the civilian leaders choose as Army chief. Whoever is chosen, he has a duty to the Army he leads and the country he serves. Doesn't matter who the prime minister is.

I mean, what difference does it make? The army chief is here, he is son of Pakistan as much as any other Lt General. So why the differences?

We need to move on.

its not abut selfish its abut right he was most senior so it was his right . do you ever worked in gov office ? what if your junior become your boss ? this BS law must be changed now and seniors automatically took over PM can polish their boot can't select them .
I think govt posts should be appointed using an objective criteria, like seniority (and tenure left) rather than based on merit.

Gen Haroon had his hopes high for wrong reasons and I am relieved that he didnt make it because in one of his speeches he expressed his desire to become a "shaheed" an expression that I strongly despise.. army is trained and equipped to Kill ... NOT die...
I know I am going to choke some born again evangelists but just think over it, why waste public money and time and then see our top soldier itching to die at the hands of the enemies?

With such lack of respect and lack of understanding of deen will not choke any "born again evangelists", they will only feel pity for you.

All Sahaba and commanders of Muslims, including the greatest command ever, Hazrat Khaled Bin Waleed showed this great desire. Read the story of one of the greatest battles of Muslims, Ghazwa-e-Moota to understand the desires of Muslim when he is up against the enemy.

انا للہ و انا الیہ راجعون

Back
Top Bottom