What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

While at Fajr ki namaz?
vesa sara kaam between Isha and tahajud hota han.....baaqi time ch**** awam jaag rahi hoti haa..... lolll

1669390466672.jpeg

1669390489506.jpeg

I am just wondering how would Bajwa face the retired officers whose pension was stopped due to their (or in few cases their families') support of PTI?
one more feather ...

1669390845030.jpeg

Not all Generals are same. Stop being cynical 24/7.

There are many many Generals who did not do what you said. Maybe a few bad apples did but a lot did not. There are many army chiefs even who didn't become rich using their positions. I could name several. Issue is only in recent past and hope Gen. Asim will set a good example in this regard. If not you can criticize him when proven otherwise.

However there are a few institutional & historical problems which Gen. Asim may not be able to solve. Since those are so deeply rooted now that a single 3-years tenure is not enough to solve them. What most we can expect from Gen. Asim on those issues is to get the ball rolling in the right direction, get the process started to go in the right direction. Do enough for a 3-year term at least. Rest will be up to future chiefs.

If he doesn't move on those fronts then he'll be a dissapointment. Well, time will tell.

@Goritoes @SIPRA @N.Siddiqui @LeGenD
I haven't seen a single core commanders of recent that has retired within his earned income limits

If you seen any please propagate their good work.

Mir Bajwa is, plain and simple, a "Daggarh Dalla", nothing else.

Yes hearing about this lately, matches with similar words, like below.

Punjabi word “bagar billa” (باہگڑ بلا) refers to small wild cats that attack live poultry at night.

vesa sara kaam between Isha and tahajud hota han.....baaqi time ch**** awam jaag rahi hoti haa..... lolll

View attachment 900360

View attachment 900361
I have been a passionate critic of the colonial sepoys from Busharraf days and Zia wasn't a perfect man, one who made his share of mistakes and perpetuated the military rule in the country but his 11 years were a net gain for Pakistan's strategic interests and particularly its economy. I know partisans of Iran hate him with the same passion they reserve for Aurangzeb and for that reason alone I'll give him a pass.

Last edited:
I have been a passionate critic of the colonial sepoys from Busharraf days and Zia wasn't a perfect who made his share of mistakes and perpetuated the military rule in the country but his 11 years were a net gain for Pakistan's strategic interests and particularly its economy. I know partisans of Iran hate with the same passion they reserve for Aurangzeb and for that reason alone I'll give him a pass.
All out gift of the Afghan war. (1979-1990) And once US left in 1990 result can be seen in economic numbers. Again during the Musharraf era, the Second Afghan war...check the economic indicators. And after Musharraf ... massive crisis loomed and the list is very long.
US prefers to deal with a dictator or a single window. Democracy is doesn't fit in US regional or international interests.

Last edited:

If you know something about Faez Isa having undisclosed properties in Spain then you are welcome to expose him and take him to the court over this matter. But is this the topic on hand?

I referenced Khan's questionable decision-making in connection to Khawar's tussle with a Police Officer [over issuance of an overspeeding ticket to him] and greater implications of this episode as a "case study" of WHY things never change in our country for the better in the long term. Accountability starts from home. A national leader should be FAIR and try his best to UPHOLD THE LAW in his decision-making. What is the point to accusing others of corruption when YOU are just like the others in your decision-making?

I am also addressing a "narrative" about why Khan was onboard with removal of Asim Munir from the post of DG-ISI in the past. I do not much about this saga but I hope that lessons were learned from this saga as well.
Looks like you haven’t been following this case. No records were presented of money trail of mansions. Or where the money came from.

First, there was the presidential reference because the three properties which were being used by the justices family were not declared. Then the SC filed quashed the presidential reference and asked FBR to investigate. The FBR was provided with nothing in terms of documents from Zarina. And the SC ruled to not even allow an investigation later going against their own order and to let him off scot free. This is banana republic material.

I don’t know that Khan was responsible directly for anything in the whole Khawar affair. I don’t even know what happened tbh. Would love to proven wrong. If you can post more verifiable information on that here.

The basis of the law with regards to corruption with regards to wealth or assetts beyond means is to hold accountable PEP (politically exposed people). Not to go after private individuals who have nothing to do with politics. This is how common law works.

Last edited:
Further interesting is how the whole political apparatus of Pakistan gets activated in the selection of COAS, you should have noticed that in this thread too. Even political parties who are not in power are meddling to give names of their choice for COAS. 80% of posts in this thread are political analysis of members/media and linking of political parties with COAS.

But when COAS goes towards politics, that’s haram. COAS is supposed to be an angel, but all the others have the right to become devils when required. This is the double standard on which public thrives.

A PM leading a nation of 22 crore can be corrupt but God forbid that a chief commanding 0.6 million troops gets political or corrupt. This is completely unacceptable and forbidden in Pakistan, haram by all means. After all, chief has men with guns while a PM, his cabinet, his ministers, all civil LEAs with guns and above all 22 crore public are insecure to the core, from a 4 star general who can do as he pleases.
Wonder if God gave Chief this much power or the genius high IQ public or the upright honest politicians gave him so much power over them.

And then there is a section of public holding a belief similar to their concrete faith in Allah, that pentagon chooses PA COAS. It’s written on a stone somewhere and no way in hell can it be erased.

Welcome to Pakistan - 22 crore public along with government apparatus helpless and insecure in front of a man leading 0.6 million troops. No wonder the political discussion of this thread reached 39 pages or so, so far.

No one discussed incoming COAS career or military understanding of affairs, everybody is a political analyst of expert level here.

The difference is when any ordinary of 22 crore says anything about "holy" Army. It gets a visit by Vigo and what not. Meanwhile your bastard chief openly accepts that we lost a country by doing politics and he gets away with it.
Even talibans would have hanged their chief if he would have said this, let alone any professional military.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom