What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

That is but an example of Khan undermining police officer(s) when it comes to accountability of people close to him. Then Supreme Court Justice Qazi Faez Isa took notice of this problem but Khan's political agents turned their guns on him. Years later, Khan admitted that Faez Isa was wrongly troubled and victimized. But the damage was done.

Following case was brought to spotlight as well:

What came out of it? NOTHING.

So this is how how it is supposed to be now? Lack of accountability of those in Khan's social circle for their excesses?

It is important to look at all developments in clear manner.

Khan's move against then DG ISI Asim Munir was more of a question mark on his judgement then the other way round. Now people are SHOCKED to see Munir climbing the ladder further.

Who benefits from undermining competent officers in the system?

This is why it is important to be FARSIGHTED.
I honestly had vertigo reading this post, justice faez isa, Supreme Court Judge doesn’t have to answer for unknown properties in Spain. And asking him to answer for it is wrong for some reason. Even though we know who goaded Khan to make a case against him, and why they did it, the fact remains that he should be answerable.

But a private citizen, with absolutely no real evidence of corruption, no govt post, is somehow someone that Khan is guilty for by association. Never mind the burden of proof. Any proof?

A PM leading a nation of 22 crore can be corrupt but God forbid that a chief commanding 0.6 million troops gets political or corrupt. This is completely unacceptable and forbidden in Pakistan, haram by all means

PM is a political position you dafff.

And as for corruption, from 2018 to March of 2022, the elected PM did not engage in any financial corruption while the Sipah Salar and his whole family were busy using his position to hoard billions.

We heard the same about Mard e Momin Mard e Haq as well. Pretty sure Zia ul Haq never missed Fajr ki namaz and Tahajjud as well.
And I hope Gen. Asim can be half as good for Pakistan as Gen. Zia was.
Half will do. (means don't take over the govt. :-))

Truly speaking, observing all the background of his selection, I don't entertain much hope from this person; but I don't want to pre-judge him, till he has taken some actions. Awaiting for that.
They're cunning little fuckers; beware. They be like Walter who watched his Hank get shot right infront of him.

1669379445244.png

They're cunning little fuckers; beware. They be like Walter who watched his Hank get shot right infront of him.

I don't think that, under the current circumstances of Pakistan, the new COAS would be able to hide his true-self for long. Things would be substantially clear by the end of December, I believe.

Didn't General Zia break the Constitution?

No. He molded it after applying heat.😂😂😂

I don't think that, under the current circumstances of Pakistan, the new COAS would be able to hide his true-self for long. Things would be substantially clear by the end of December, I believe.
Meri trf se advance me galian register kr lain.

Meri trf se advance me galian register kr lain.

Let us pray and hope that he be good for Pakistan, even if many of us have a lot of reservations. It is just a matter of few weeks.

I honestly had vertigo reading this post, justice faez isa, Supreme Court Judge doesn’t have to answer for unknown properties in Spain. And asking him to answer for it is wrong for some reason. Even though we know who goaded Khan to make a case against him, and why they did it, the fact remains that he should be answerable.

But a private citizen, with absolutely no real evidence of corruption, no govt post, is somehow someone that Khan is guilty for by association. Never mind the burden of proof. Any proof?

If you know something about Faez Isa having undisclosed properties in Spain then you are welcome to expose him and take him to the court over this matter. But is this the topic on hand?

I referenced Khan's questionable decision-making in connection to Khawar's tussle with a Police Officer [over issuance of an overspeeding ticket to him] and greater implications of this episode as a "case study" of WHY things never change in our country for the better in the long term. Accountability starts from home. A national leader should be FAIR and try his best to UPHOLD THE LAW in his decision-making. What is the point to accusing others of corruption when YOU are just like the others in your decision-making?

I am also addressing a "narrative" about why Khan was onboard with removal of Asim Munir from the post of DG-ISI in the past. I do not know much about this saga but I hope that lessons were learned from this saga as well.

Prayers and hope is good. The solution though is in my profile pic.

Yes, but it needs enormous people power, which we lack. France had that, and they changed the course of history. They gave a new meaning to guillotine.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom