What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

1669375345708.png

If some people here can decipher, the eyes and face of people??

Being the head of MI, and ISI earlier he could be a master of all the tricks in the trade, and at the same time a patriot, and not just the henchman of the military.

Further interesting is how the whole political apparatus of Pakistan gets activated in the selection of COAS, you should have noticed that in this thread too. Even political parties who are not in power are meddling to give names of their choice for COAS. 80% of posts in this thread are political analysis of members/media and linking of political parties with COAS.

But when COAS goes towards politics, that’s haram. COAS is supposed to be an angel, but all the others have the right to become devils when required. This is the double standard on which public thrives.

A PM leading a nation of 22 crore can be corrupt but God forbid that a chief commanding 0.6 million troops gets political or corrupt. This is completely unacceptable and forbidden in Pakistan, haram by all means. After all, chief has men with guns while a PM, his cabinet, his ministers, all civil LEAs with guns and above all 22 crore public are insecure to the core, from a 4 star general who can do as he pleases.
Wonder if God gave Chief this much power or the genius high IQ public or the upright honest politicians gave him so much power over them.

And then there is a section of public holding a belief similar to their concrete faith in Allah, that pentagon chooses PA COAS. It’s written on a stone somewhere and no way in hell can it be erased.

Welcome to Pakistan - 22 crore public along with government apparatus helpless and insecure in front of a man leading 0.6 million troops. No wonder the political discussion of this thread reached 39 pages or so, so far.

No one discussed incoming COAS career or military understanding of affairs, everybody is a political analyst of expert level here.

People are discussing politics on COAS selection because every COAS is involved in politics more than his actual job

There's reason You won't see anyone saying anything about air chief or naval chief

I think that we would be able to make a proper judgement within perhaps 2 weeks of his taking charge, or perhaps earlier.

Yes true, walking the talk matters, as said look at the action of the person and not mere words.

Yes true, walking the talk matters, as said look at the action of the person and not mere words.

Truly speaking, observing all the background of his selection, I don't entertain much hope from this person; but I don't want to pre-judge him, till he has taken some actions. Awaiting for that.

I think that we would be able to make a proper judgement within perhaps 2 weeks of his taking charge, or perhaps earlier.
I pointed out something pages earlier:

It is the way forward for the country.

I pointed out something pages earlier:

It is the way forward for the country.

You seem to be mistaken. What have I to do with whatever you are quoting in your post? I know nothing about views of Veena Malik on this matter.

Last edited:
He gets acess to "familiy/mafia" financial power and also the stick that used to **** civilians instiutions for his family benefit to become next billionaire
Not all Generals are same. Stop being cynical 24/7.

There are many many Generals who did not do what you said. Maybe a few bad apples did but a lot did not. There are many army chiefs even who didn't become rich using their positions. I could name several. Issue is only in recent past and hope Gen. Asim will set a good example in this regard. If not you can criticize him when proven otherwise.

However there are a few institutional & historical problems which Gen. Asim may not be able to solve. Since those are so deeply rooted now that a single 3-years tenure is not enough to solve them. What most we can expect from Gen. Asim on those issues is to get the ball rolling in the right direction, get the process started to go in the right direction. Do enough for a 3-year term at least. Rest will be up to future chiefs.

If he doesn't move on those fronts then he'll be a dissapointment. Well, time will tell.

@Goritoes @SIPRA @N.Siddiqui @LeGenD

Last edited:

In view of the background of his selection, I would be utterly and genuinely surprised, if this gentleman does something substantially good for Pakistan.

In view of the background of his selection, I would be utterly and genuinely surprised, if this gentleman does something substantially good for Pakistan.
Koelay say heera nikalta hai.

Firoun k ghar Moosa palta hai.

Honay ko kuch bhi ho sakta hai.

Koelay say heera nikalta hai.

Firoun k ghar Moosa palta hai.

Honay ko kuch bhi ho sakta hai.

Agree. This is within the realm of possibility. That is why I am holding my judgement.

Not all Generals are same. Stop being cynical 24/7.

There are many many Generals who did not do what you said. Maybe a few bad apples did but a lot did not. There are many army chiefs even who didn't become rich using their positions. I could name several. Issue is only in recent past and hope Gen. Asim will set a good example in this regard. If not you can criticize him when proven otherwise.

However there are a few institutional & historical problems which Gen. Asim may not be able to solve. Since those are so deeply rooted now that a single 3-years tenure is not enough to solve them. What most we can expect from Gen. Asim on those issues is to get the ball rolling in the right direction, get the process started to go in the right direction. Do enough for a 3-year term at least. Rest will be up to future chiefs.

If he doesn't move on those fronts then he'll be a dissapointment. Well, time will tell.

@Goritoes @SIPRA @N.Siddiqui @LeGenD
Agreed.

It would be counter-productive to drag new COAS into "dirty politics" of the country. Let the man do his job from now on.

Indians are having migraine already. They know that this man is tough and can do his job. Others as well.

But Pakistani [society] has learned anything? I have doubts.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom