What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

Rumors I have heard (about reasons for Asim Munir not being IK's choice) so far are that

Amin Munir was removed/not liked by IK because:

(1)..Iran had complaints against him
(2)..he pointed out IK's wife's corruption
(3)..he asked 70 cror from Master Tile CEO & CEO wrote letter to IK
(4)..he was pro-Nawaz.
(5)..he wasn't liked by top military Generals because he was withdrawn & wouldn't socialize and because he didn't came via Kakul and no COAS has ever been from OTS
[I don't know the meaning of this very last OTS thing though]

All seem unsubstantiated and even planted propaganda.

e.g.
. . . Watch between 3:00 and 6:00 especially.
Another e.g.

e.g.
1669314246379.png

=====================================
Below is re-post of my post from yesterday
=====================================

If Asim Munir becomes the Coast, trust me, all hell will break lose on sharifs and the corrupt. Same goes for Sahir Shamshad.
@RescueRanger

Few questions if anyone knows

This article (link) makes few claims, wondering how true they are

(1) "According to the expert, Lt. General Asim Munir is not popular among the top commanders of the army since he did not come from the Pakistan Military Academy Kakul."

Doesn't everyone go through Kakul? @Rashid Mahmood what's OTS, is it different stream from kakul?

(2) Word in air is that Asim Munir s Nawaz Sharif's choice

How this belief came to be? I never heard anything directly from any PML-N member

Does it originate from speculation that Imran Khan fired Asim Munir because Asim pointed some corruption in IK's close circle? And hence it was assumed that Asim would holding grudge against IK?

(3) Does PTI ever indicated they didn't prefer Asim Munir? I never heard anything other than word of mouth from likes of GEO news & obvious liars politicians

(4) I have a feeling that PML-N & PPP does NOT want Asim Munir,, they are just playing game on PTI that just to counter PDM Imran/Alvi will reject Asim and will take the blame of interfering with senior most wile fulfilling PDM wishes to not have Asim as coas. What do you think?

. . .
Too bad ik had issues with him .
Did he really? or was it a mere birdie coming out of likes of GEO, Omer Cheema, Azaz Syed etc?
Announcement of Asim's removal didn't come from Imran Khan, or did it?
It came from ISPR without any explanation
Looks more like Bajwa had some issue w Asim rather than Imran?

And this (false) belief may exactly be the reason for PDM falling in love with Asim

. . . The new COAS Asim Munir is a henchman for The Corrupt House of Sharif's . . .
I a struggling to figure out why people think that?
What happened that brought people to this conclusion? other than rumor of Munir being fired at IK's will (what if it was Bajwa's will)

Looks like it was a fake story spread by Indian's through or in guise of MQM London account.
e.g. this tweep is spreading hashtag promoted by Indians

1669311423284.png

Isn't this lady in scarf picture the same whose call was played by ISPR?
Where she was asking MQM hitmen to "kiss on the neck".

Syed Kamran Haider
3631 Tanby Rd, Richmond VA 23235

View attachment 724077

View attachment 724079
View attachment 724076

Mateen Yousuf
134 Bower Lane, Forest Hill MD 21050

Wanted US intervention in Pakistan (source)

View attachment 724084
(Source = https://twitter.com/mateenyousuff?lang=en)

View attachment 724087
(source = YouTube)

View attachment 724080

Syed Matloob Hussain Zaidi
320 (?) Powdersby Rd, Joppatowne, MD, 21085

View attachment 724082
(source = Dawn News)

View attachment 724081

So the account demeaning Asim Munir is Indian sponsored account of MQM London terrorist
Which makes Asim Munir an angel automatically, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Khan should find a way to work with new COAS. What happened in the past should stay in the past. This is an opportunity for Khan.
Well, Khan just threw the ball in Asim Munir's court, I'd say.

no, I'm seriously asking. Is he a pakhtoon. please tell if you know.
don't know why you are asking or the point but he is from Pindi and his father was the headmaster of a technical institute

don't know why you are asking or the point but he is from Pindi and his father was the headmaster of a technical institute
so? half of pindi of full of pathans. I'm just asking because of his last name, I think "munir" is a pathan surname.

Still I think that it would need an extension of 2 or 3 days in his service. I believe that the requisite document has also been prepared.
Whatever happened was in the best interest of Pakistan in my opinion.

Actually whatever has happened in the last 6 months is in the best interest of Pakistan. As we agree, the best thing that has happened is that people have understood who is and should be incharge of the affairs.

Jo bhi ulti harkat karega, gaaliyan uss ka muqaddar banaingi.. The new generation, specially the one that has just reached or is soon reaching the age of voting is very well informed, unlike what a firoun once said about them. The firoun is history Alhamdolillah.

You know why I am more hopeful... the new guy started hifz when he was a Colonel or Brig posted in Madina. Very few people do that at his age. It means he has some real religious and pious upbringing.

Baqi agar molvi Fazlu ki tarah nikla tou awam se kitna duur hai.. 3 saal rigra khaega.

Last edited:
Rumors I have heard (about reasons for Asim Munir not being IK's choice) so far are that

Amin Munir was removed/not liked by IK because:

(1)..Iran had complaints against him
Why should anyone genuinely care about this? 😂

In fact this is a good quality

is there a president as more pathetic and in significant than ours anywhere in the world?
When we had Powerful presidents who used to Exercise their powers when ever they saw fit. Politicians and People ridiculed the office for not being a directly elected office thus not being the true representative of the people. All the powers presidents that the president held were taken from him. So what do you expect him to do had he refused to sign it would have just delayed the inevitable. President in Pakistan is just a Figurehead one way or another PM and the parliament would overrule his decisions.

The powers that the president once held needs to be restored and he should be elected by Direct elections so he can actually do his job and be answerable to the people who elected him.

no, I'm seriously asking. Is he a pakhtoon. please tell if you know.
Seems local punjabi ..

Initially, he started his military career in 1986. He is from the 17th Course of the Officers Training School (OTS) in Mangla.

Asim Munir will be the second Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan after General Zia Ul Haq who graduated from the OTS Mangla.

Asim Munir was Commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Frontier Force Regiment.

During his posting in Madina as a Lieutenant Colonel, Asim Munir became Hafiz-i-Quran at the age 38.

Lt General Asim Munir is from a Syed family and his later father named Syed Sarwar Munir Shah was a teacher. He was the principal of FG Technical High School Lalkurti Rawalpindi.

In the past, Asim Munir along with family lived at Dheri Hassan Abad in Rawalpindi before they moved to another place.

Seems local punjabi ..

Initially, he started his military career in 1986. He is from the 17th Course of the Officers Training School (OTS) in Mangla.

Asim Munir will be the second Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan after General Zia Ul Haq who graduated from the OTS Mangla.

Asim Munir was Commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Frontier Force Regiment.

During his posting in Madina as a Lieutenant Colonel, Asim Munir became Hafiz-i-Quran at the age 38.

Lt General Asim Munir is from a Syed family and his later father named Syed Sarwar Munir Shah was a teacher. He was the principal of FG Technical High School Lalkurti Rawalpindi.

In the past, Asim Munir along with family lived at Dheri Hassan Abad in Rawalpindi before they moved to another place.
This Hafiz and Syed stuff seems like intentionally placed lies to gain support.

They are all the same, it doesn't make much of a difference to be honest.

Whatever happened was in the best interest of Pakistan in my opinion.

Actually whatever has happened in the last 6 months is in the best interest of Pakistan. As we agree, the best thing that has happened is that people have understood who is and should be incharge of the affairs.

Jo bhi ulti harkat karega, gaaliyan uss ka muqaddar banaingi.. The new generation, specially the one that has just reached or is soon reaching the age of voting is very well informed, unlike what a firoun once said about them. The firoun is history Alhamdolillah.

You know why I am more hopeful... the new guy started hifz when he was Colonel or Brig posted in Madina. Very few people do that in this age. It means he has some real religious and pious upbringing.

Baqi agar molvi Fazlu ki tarah nikla tou awam se kitna duur hai.. 3 saal rigra khaega.

You need to understand that it's not about who is on top its the institution and its image which they have lost it completely and collectively be it ur religious, brave, honest or not. The romance and shield of being men at their best is gone FOREVER. Since this social media generation is young brutal and does not forget or forgive uptill now anything.

One should ask Bajwa
Because that's the reason that Bajwa fed to IK when Bajwa asked IK to fire Asim Munir
Things are not adding up, so is Asim Munir pro-IK?

I thought Asim Munir was pro-PDM like Bajwa?

Back
Top Bottom