What's new

Looking at Younis Khan's smile and Misbah's turtle batting..something fishy

I'll give you 2 sensible reasons for the way he batted:

1. The pitch was tough to bat on. He was struggling for timing. The ball wasn't coming onto the bat.

The pitch slowed a little bit but it wasn't slowed or difficult to the extent that he was forced to play maiden overs at the time when the required rate was around 7. All the Cricket experts including Wasim Akram criticized this attitude of Misbah which was totally unreasonable keeping in mind the target and required. Again I would say taking single wasn't that difficult and that too for a senior campaigner like Misbah. The "junior" Asad Shafiq was good and he was continuously rotating the strike while taking single on every second ball and hitting the boundary on the loose ball. If Misbah couldn't do that I doubt his talent as a batsman. I repeat taking singles and hitting boundary on loose ball wasn't difficult on that pitch.:)

2. The Indians bowled and fielded very well.

They did bowl and fielded well but it again isn't a justification keeping in mind that the juniors were more better than so called seniors against the same bowling and fielding. One can easily guess that Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal were more good and sensible when it comes to rotating the strike. Indian bowling and fielding was good but certainly not the best that it forced Misbah to take the required rate to above 7. So these are also lame justifications.Sorry.:)

Now, do you have any proof for your conspiracy theories?

I don't need to provide any proof since replying to nonsensical statements of minors is good enough right now. I also said earlier that I don't whether it was a fix match or was their any cheating involved but Misbah and Younis did made things miserable for Pakistan and I have no cricketing reason for their attitude.:)

And your reasons weren't sensible too.:)

Oh jeez I heard the same exact conspiracy theory from a pakistani dude on facebook saying pakistan was paid to lose.

Pakistan fielding was outstanding btw and congrats to India :)

I was busy with finals :sick:

Also Amla's failure in whole tournament so does Michael clarkes,
rose taylor failing in semi's, bret lee not making an impact, Criss gayle failing which is unexpected, chanderpaul's poor strike rate, dwyane bravo's dissapearance, michael yardy leaving in middle ...lots of lots fishy as much famed Australia ,Southafrica and Westindies exit before semis's.

I will start a similar thread if India looses in final..with title its fishy and fixing or something like that...

As much as rational as I can be ... the facts just pointing towards an intentional sabotage to prevent us from playing in Mumbai out of fear of derailing peace process - by none other then our Gov

I think that bowler who took Five wickets for Pakistan was in the toilet and missed this crucial meeting where players are told to loose the match.

And i think Umer Akmal went straight to toilet after getting bowled by Harbhajan's beautiful spell.

Some Pakistani members are acting like 15 year old kids. :lol:

Guys accept the defeat and move on.. We were out played by a much better batting and fielding side.. As Imran Khan said "You don't drop Tendulkar 4 times and win"... You guys are being too harsh on the team. I don't mind pointing out their mistakes or even asking for the replacements, but calling them cheats is utterly disgusting and disturbing. Remember we have ruled the cricket grounds between 80s' and 90s' and now its their turn because they have a very strong team.. Perhaps 5 years from now, Pakistan would find a good combination and we'll become a good side again.

So have some rest, go out and if possible spend some time with your girl friends for a change, after all you lot have been avoiding them ever since the world cup has begun. :lol:

After getting lots of wickets and coming up with zero wickets in semi's... time to start a thread on that too...

Do we have a good script writer who can build up on that???... would be awesome..:tup:

@ Areesh: Frankly speaking, I'm not getting your point. Are you saying that:

1. Misbah/Younis took money to lose the match?
2. They played poorly and were the sole reason for Pakistan's loss?
3. They played poorly and contributed towards the defeat along with other players?

If it's the third point, then I agree with you.

this thread is bs! Why some pak members are like this? If you guys don't support them then who else will? Our team lost miserably in the last wc,and this time they have made a come back! Similiarly pak team will also have a day!

Misbah's fault was he didn't throw his wicket like others.

IF they had played for full 50 overs instead of loosing the middle order to reckless shots and some golden deliveries by indian bowlers, reaching 260 wasn't difficult.

The priorities of us Pakistanis are misplaced. Instead of questioning our loss to India in Semi Final, we should have been questioning situation in the country due to which the world cup was taken away from us... Wake up my fellow country men, Its high time that we get our priorities right!

I congratulate Pakistani posters for abstaining more than 48 hrs before launching conspiracy theories. You need dil jigar gurda (heart, liver and kidneys) to wait that long. I really appreciate, you guys have broken the previous records which were almost few minute after such cricket defeats.
Well done.

@ Areesh: Frankly speaking, I'm not getting your point. Are you saying that:

1. Misbah/Younis took money to lose the match?
2. They played poorly and were the sole reason for Pakistan's loss?
3. They played poorly and contributed towards the defeat along with other players?

If it's the third point, then I agree with you.

I have a new point. The way they played it apparently has no reasonable justification and it does look like they did it deliberately. I don't know whether they took money for it or whatever but they did deliberately performed below par and I am finding it difficult to understand why.:)

I have a new point. The way they played it apparently has no reasonable justification and it does look like they did it deliberately. I don't know whether they took money for it or whatever but they did deliberately performed below par and I am finding it difficult to understand why.:)

That is a pretty serious accusation. To make such accusations, you need solid proof rather than 'no reasonable justification'.

Instead of riding on the bandwagon of issuing fatwas of conspiracy theorists for me if you would have given even one sensible reason for Misbah's batting in the semi final, it might have worked for you and me both. But after all as I said it is a Bharati mindset. ;)

A reasoning might be better than very usual rhetoric of issuing fatwas of conspiracy theorists. :)

Reason? Man, if I knew so much about batting, I would probably not have been here giving you armchair commentary. You wonder why Misbah batted the way he did? Atleast he was around to bat. What about the others who couldn't even stick around? Maybe this question of why Misbah batted that way should be directed at the others who didn't? A conspiracy theory requires too many things to succeed. For Misbah to be involved in one, it would require for all the others to be involved since only if the top few batsmen all got out would Misbah be a lone ranger and only then could he alter the course of the match. So, all of them are involved too? Poor Misbah! He should have just tried to hit out & got out since then no one would have blamed him for slow batting. What a joke, if it wasn't for Misbah, Pakistan would probably not even made 200!

I mean these conspiracy theorists who have not the balls to face the reality even once.

.....or the opposite! ....never had to face the balls in the reality!

Back
Top Bottom