What's new

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

60 a month on meter......way more than what they pay for water in saudi arabia where it never rains

Oh, man, it isnt even that much in Oman , where it does not rain in 4 years!!!

Comparing Karachi and London, although the background is different, but both are being handled a bit poorly IMO. Rio ferdinand and some other people are even calling for the miliatry to be brought in, but as one person wrote, they are too busy in Afghanistan wwhile their own country is getting trouble!

The problem in the UK is its super soft laws against the thugs, believe me police dont do anyting against them. they go on the streets and terrorize the locals and still police do nothing, either it is lack of evidence or the offender is so called child, in such a situation, the criminals do whatever they like, in a country that a killer go scot free after 2-3 years in jail, you can expect any sh!t to happen. they need to get tough, that is the only solution for it.

who says the riots have been rutlessly put down? the police is basically doing nothing against these theives.

but they are not talking about the reasons..such as poverty and no jobs for youths.
instead they are showing pictures of youths on tv and asking people to help in arrsting them.....this "iron fist" tactics will back fire even more...
youths are planing riots even tonight.

Oh, man, it isnt even that much in Oman , where it does not rain in 4 years!!!

so how much do they pay for water in oman? that 60 is the montly payment for water in a household in the UK, for example we pay at around 45 pounds or more a month for the household which has 3 adults and 2 kids.

The problem in the UK is its super soft laws against the thugs, believe me police dont do anyting against them. they go on the streets and terrorize the locals and still police do nothing, either it is lack of evidence or the offender is so called child, in such a situation, the criminals do whatever they like, in a country that a killer go scot free after 2-3 years in jail, you can expect any sh!t to happen. they need to get tough, that is the only solution for it.

my volvo V40 was thrashed by 3 youths in front of me and i couldnt fight them....because i knew i will get in trouble and they will get away.

but they are not talking about the reasons..such as poverty and no jobs for youths.
instead they are showing pictures of youths on tv and asking people to help in arrsting them.....this "iron fist" tactics will back fire even more...
youths are planing riots even tonight.

Buddy, there is more element of anarchist and thugry than poverty and lack of jobs, it is the UK, not somalia and afghanistan that you find your own butter and bread, here if you dont have job the gov pay everything for you, and lack of job is also not entirely correct, people from east europe and asia come here and find jobs, but those who are born here cant find? they basically are too spoild, they choose which job to do and which job not to do, many of these guys are happy to looth and that is it, present economic climate have only given them this excuse. having said all that, the social problem that exist should be tackled as well, i dont rule it out complteley.

Really true. When my blood relatives lived in England for about 5 or so years, they said that they cant feel safe when walking at night, they cant let the windows of their cars open in the city at night. For all its glamour, it is a very unsafe city to be.

my volvo V40 was thrashed by 3 youths in front of me and i couldnt fight them....because i knew i will get in trouble and they will get away.

I agree with you, i have had problem myself, and the police looks more helpless than me. as i said before, it is the laws need to be changed.

Really true. When my blood relatives lived in England for about 5 or so years, they said that they cant feel safe when walking at night, they cant let the windows of their cars open in the city at night. For all its glamour, it is a very unsafe city to be.

I dont know about london, but here in wales things are very good, we dont have much of problem, but still things can happen, i have myself faced some problems that the police didnt do much, lack of evidence and the offender being youth, it is ridiculous, change the bloody law and you will see a drop in crime.

so how much do they pay for water in oman? that 60 is the montly payment for water in a household in the UK, for example we pay at around 45 pounds or more a month for the household which has 3 adults and 2 kids.

We pay a minimum of 4-5 Omani Rials, while the max is 9 rials, and 9 Rials equates to 15 Great Britain Pounds, taht is for sanitary use, for drinking, 1 OMR gets you a big bottle for the water dispenser, the big round bottles you know. So its cheap in a way, petrol is cheapr than water here!

I dont know about london, but here in wales things are very good, we dont have much of problem, but still things can happen, i have myself faced some problems that the police didnt do much, lack of evidence and the offender being youth, it is ridiculous, change the bloody law and you will see a drop in crime.

The biggest dissapointment is when some one says, lack of bloody evidence!!!,,,the footballer rio ferdinand is even saying the army should be brought in, because there is no respect for the police.

We pay a minimum of 4-5 Omani Rials, while the max is 9 rials, and 9 Rials equates to 15 Great Britain Pounds, taht is for sanitary use, for drinking, 1 OMR gets you a big bottle for the water dispenser, the big round bottles you know. So its cheap in a way, petrol is cheapr than water here!

4-5 is for the whole month?

when i said 45+ pounds, it is for the whole month, that include sewerege services and water(obviousely you use that water for drinking, laundery, shower/bath and everything), and we are 3 adults and 2 kids.

I am sorry but if my car was being trashed by anyone i dont care about what the law stated i would do whatever i have to to protect my property. I would try to use reasonable force. Who would stand by and simply do nothing? I would get my danda out and show them my law. I think it must be in my Pakistani blood!!

Back
Top Bottom