What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure, people who are not familiar with British culture would find this thing utterly boring, another area where Beijing scores over London. To London's credit there were no fake CGI :girl_wacko:

I have seen few footages of the opening ceremony, it seems not to be bad as people said, but i will watch the entire video later. :coffee:

I was actually surprised at how good the London opening ceremony was.

And I had to cheer 3 times, for 3 delegations lol.

First time for China, then for Hong Kong SAR, then for Chinese Taipei. :cheesy:

sure training, diet etc is important but we cannot deny that genetics influence athletic ability as well. example of basket ball is there or why there is always black guys/girls win running competitions most of the time

Oh cmon, there are 1.2 Billion of us. Plenty of big units in India too. If you train them properly and put them on a proper diet, they can be as good as anyone else. What we need is talent hunters who can identify these talents at early age and groom them for major events like olympics. It can be done.

Vikas Gowda, Discuss thrower 6 feet 9.

Carl+Myerscough+Vikas+Gowda+19th+Commonwealth+DE_c4VMOvB6l.jpg

Om Prakash Singh, Shot put, 6 feet 7.

5263645.cms

I found it good in parts.

I thought it was good overall.

The only problem was some of the cultural references that I didn't get, but those were for the domestic audience anyway.

Also, they played the music for the Exorcist at the start of the NHS Hospitals bit, which shocked me at first, but it sort of made sense later on, given the theme of the segment.

Thought it was pretty good, at least nothing went drastically wrong.
I liked the industrial revolution bit but I don't know if non British people understood all the references especially the bit where the house was in the middle.
The LED light things on the seats were pretty cool.

What's there to get ? A tribute to the telly, movies, punk movement and British invasion bands?

The striking part of the ceremony was in my opinion on how un-British it was. Gaffes on the Queen and the orchestra isn't something considered kosher in Britain. Even the commentator was strained to put some meaningful context to the proceedings.

Ha, it's true everyone was bricking it, in case we embarassed ourselves :lol:

As if! British are known for their impeccable planning. You guys knew that you ll nail it, its just the content which was a let down. Specially the urban street artisty bits.

What's there to get ? A tribute to the telly, movies, punk movement and British invasion bands?

The striking part of the ceremony was in my opinion on how un-British it was. Gaffes on the Queen and the orchestra isn't considered quite kosher in Britain. Even the commentator was strained to put some context to the proceedings.
Saywhaaaaaaa. I thought it was very british. The queen is mocked a fair bit, pretty regularly in fact on mock the week etc.
She didn't look too amused mind.

I thought it was good overall.

The only problem was some of the cultural references that I didn't get, but those were for the domestic audience anyway.

Also, they played the music for the Exorcist at the start of the NHS Hospitals bit, which shocked me at first, but it sort of made sense later on, given the theme of the segment.

It was a disaster when they put Bean and London Phil together - the worst part of the evening, a joke at a wrong time and place

As if! British are known for their impeccable planning. You guys knew that you ll nail it, its just the content which was a let down. Specially the urban street artisty bits.
eh? We're not German. We overun and overspend on like every project.

Thought it was pretty good, at least nothing went drastically wrong.
I liked the industrial revolution bit but I don't know if non British people understood all the references especially the bit where the house was in the middle.
The LED light things on the seats were pretty cool.

Nop it wasn't for foreigners..Only born Saxon Brits could have understood it all..And that was the problem

no one answer my question why cricket in not there in Olympic ?

Because its too long. It takes a whole day to play Cricket and you need a big stadium to play it which other countries don't have and they need those stadium to host athletic events.

There was talk of including T20 but it didn't go anywhere because purists don't consider that Cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom