What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cmon, there are 1.2 Billion of us. Plenty of big units in India too. If you train them properly and put them on a proper diet, they can be as good as anyone else. What we need is talent hunters who can identify these talents at early age and groom them for major events like olympics. It can be done.

Vikas Gowda, Discuss thrower 6 feet 9.

Carl+Myerscough+Vikas+Gowda+19th+Commonwealth+DE_c4VMOvB6l.jpg

Om Prakash Singh, Shot put, 6 feet 7.

5263645.cms

ek ada piece to mil he jata ha dhondney sey

here is article about how genetic can play role in giving excel in certain sports

Are Athletes Born or Built? How Genetics Influence Athletic Ability

Genetics and Athletic Ability - How Genetics Influence Athletic Ability

Saywhaaaaaaa. I thought it was very british. The queen is mocked a fair bit, pretty regularly in fact on mock the week etc.
She didn't look too amused mind.

On official events of this magnitude ? I doubt it. Making jokes on the air is another matter.

Nop it wasn't for foreigners..Only born Saxon Brits could have understood it all..And that was the problem
Yeh I guess. Like at the very start where they showed london in an eastenders style.
Everyone got the mary poppins one though right?:P

Didnt the queen pull a long face?

The best part of the evening was the lighting up of the flame. Sublime, creative a piece of exquisite art.
All the music scores were old because of the budget I guess.
The stadium is decent.
Choreography was rather random, weakly coordinated
Hospital beds and the phone-texting parts were rather messy.

Average performance overall!

Yeh I guess. Like at the very start where they showed london in an eastenders style.
Everyone got the mary poppins one though right?:P

I think they were portraying some sort of Britain-based soap opera?

The Queen jumping out of a helicopter with James Bond? What's not to like? :P

I really enjoyed that part actually. :laugh:

There was a lot of comedy in the opening ceremony, I didn't expect it but it was really quite good.

It was a disaster when they put Bean and London Phil together - the worst part of the evening, a joke at a wrong time and place

Those are the British icons, at least they have showed in a such important event. :coffee:

Thats why i say it was way too British...
For our culture you just don't mock a 70 year old for any reason...
I did understand the industrial revolution but after that i was lost.Mr.Bean was funny and a good addition to the show...But many bits i simply didnt understand.....And i am someone who has read a lot about British history and culture and spent much part of my life in UK..Never watch east enders though :disagree:

Those are the British icons, at least they have showed in a such important event. :coffee:

It was a poor match-up! especially when you have the class of London Phil + Battle on a great score like the Chariots of Fire, it was poor taste to have Bean in. They ruined the whole damn thing! Bean is a good comedian. But he was a total misfit at that moment

Not talking about your personal tastes here, are we ? Unless you automatically assume yourself to be the custodian of all things British :P

Either way, I'm yet to see Brits mocking royalty in their presence on official events or otherwise.

just like the west end musical show and for an event like the olympics this openning cerormony is well below average

It was a poor match-up! especially when you have the class of London Phil + Battle on a great score like the Chariots of Fire, it was poor taste to have Bean in. They ruined the whole damn thing! Bean is a good comedian. But he was a total misfit at that moment

I agree, it would have been better if they were done separately.

just like the west end musical show and for an event like the olympics this openning cerormony is well below average

I thought it was pretty good actually. :tup: Maybe it's because I didn't expect it to be.

I don't think Beijing 2008 Opening Ceremony will ever be topped.

London Opening Ceremony was average at best.

Brazilians are known as very lazy people so they won't put too much effort into theirs, it will be mostly a street dancing festival type ceremony in 2016.

Not talking about your personal tastes here, are we ? Unless you automatically assume yourself to be the custodian of all things British :P

Either way, I'm yet to see Brits mocking royalty in their presence on official events or otherwise.

relax...its normal in UK and royals dont mind.

thats the only remaining way they can remain in peoples minds..or they get forgotten..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom