What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why i say it was way too British...
For our culture you just don't mock a 70 year old for any reason...
I did understand the industrial revolution but after that i was lost.Mr.Bean was funny and a good addition to the show...But many bits i simply didnt understand.....And i am someone who has read a lot about British history and culture and spent much part of my life in UK..Never watch east enders though :disagree:
Oh, you always seemed to know a fair bit.
Being able to laugh at yourself is something very British.
It just kind of went through history showing how music and culture evolved to the present day with that couple.
That bit was pretty random I guess.
Ha Eastenders is for the most part drivel. Everyone knows the theme tune though.

I don't think Beijing 2008 Opening Ceremony will ever be topped.

London Opening Ceremony was average at best.

Brazilians are known as very lazy people so they won't put too much effort into theirs, it will be mostly a street dancing festival type ceremony in 2016.

you wont say that if you seen rio carnival...

I agree, it would have been better if they were done separately.

Bean could have done a great solo or to complement some events like the phone texting part, or the 'smiley" part where the themes called for light-hearted moods of joyous group dancing, meeting friends, courting girls

relax...its normal in UK and royals dont mind.

thats the only remaining way they can remain in peoples minds..or they get forgotten..

It's your royal family, do what you please with them. It's the idea that the non-British folks didn't get the routine as they are uninitiated into the culture- that is what I am trying to counter.

We get it. The verdict that the ceremony sucks remains !!!

I thought it was pretty good actually. :tup: Maybe it's because I didn't expect it to be.

Well, the organisers did put some great thoughts though. Unlike Beijing, they have erased the "policing" element in the flag raising ceremony; and instead of bare and cold flag staffs, they planted the flags on a soothing green knoll where the speech platforms were set and statements delivered!

Good luck London!

Wait for 2020!

I don't think Beijing 2008 Opening Ceremony will ever be topped.

London Opening Ceremony was average at best.

Brazilians are known as very lazy people so they won't put too much effort into theirs, it will be mostly a street dancing festival type ceremony in 2016.

Wait for 2020!

I am pretty sure Istanbul will get 2020 Olympics.

Olympics won't return to Europe after only 8 years since London 2012 and Asia already hosted them in 2008.

So Istanbul is front runner.

But if Istanbul wins, then that opens for North America to get the following Olympics with Toronto being the front runner. :D

guys(those who are facing trouble to find live telecast on Internet)...posting official olympic channel..now you can see olympic anytime,all the time.. :hang2:

credit goes to YOUTUBE...........

[video]http://www.youtube.com/olympics/?gl=US&hl=id?feature=etp-gs-lsi[/video]

today's schedule......

getimage.dll

Last edited by a moderator:
Just look at the ****** trying scratching his balls in public-
A normal way of Pakistani shalwar kameez wearing men of course-

Some Indian just posted on the video.. after seeing it here..

Check out what he said.. and my response :lol:

Looks like you replied too, in some very vivid language:lol: Roza nahi rakha khya?

No offence to brits but some portions of ceremony were really stupid-funny-clueless to say the least.

Opening ceremony was good, little bit boring and unorganized in between but it was a good show overall.

But..

No where near Beijing opening ceremony of 2008 Olympics. I still remember when i was watching that one with my cousins, that was really awesome and jaw dropping show put up by chines in 2008 and it will be hard for any other nation to pale it in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom