What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 BILLION?? F... THATS ALOT

the fireworks at the end was good.

im dissapointed with india having like 50+ athletes for a big country .

Im dissapointed with my country who should have like 300+ instead of 114 .

Boring bits - Industrial Revolution,NHS (Who care's about your Public Health System) and the March past (No cheering)
Good one's - The whole music legacy thing,Rowan Atkinson......

Indian people are not genetically athletic.

They are good in menial administrative tasks like programming, call centers, etc.

Ha ha right in the beginning, before the industrial revolution bit, they showed villagers playing cricket.

It seem they were playing guli dhanda instead of cricket :D

they were in position as if they are going to caught some birds

Boring bits - Industrial Revolution,NHS (Who care's about your Public Health System) and the March past (No cheering)
Good one's - The whole music legacy thing,Rowan Atkinson......
Ah the hot chick in the music legacy thing! Rowan Atkinson was awesome as always!
I would say Industrial revolution was good but the health system and children stories were boring!
Paul McCartney was awesome again! Daniel Craig film was a good touch too!

India has 83 athletes competing- even the most basic research woud highlight this.

Dont understand why India team men was all wearing yellow turbans?

They are good in menial administrative tasks like programming, call centers, etc.

It all depends on having a sporting culture. There are enough athletic people in a population of 1 bn+ Look at China, they were nowhere in the scene just a few olympics before. With the growing economy they spent on sports and the result is there for all of us to see. India need to follow a similar approach. It's getting better. Now people are starting to care about games other than cricket, I expect a promising future.

when it happened :blink:

:hang2:

article-2179920-143F9512000005DC-56_964x654.jpg

Opening Ceremony had some few good moments but otherwise pretty dull compared to what Beijing did.

I think they should have gone more bolder.

But I think its unfair to compare Beijing to London. Beijing spend 100 billion on the Games.

To spend 100 billion on a single game, are you kidding me?

Most likely they have spent 100 billion to build up the infrastructure of Beijing before the Olympic Games.

Come on! It is more to do with chronic under-investment than a genetic pre-deposition to be nonathletic! But nowadays investment is pouring in and the situation is being fixed. One such example:
sports-city-master-plan-620x.png

One thing is for sure, people who are not familiar with British culture would find this thing utterly boring, another area where Beijing scores over London. To London's credit there were no fake CGI :girl_wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom