What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a game? Brother, Olympic games had been political games.
The Olympic Movement has always been political, not be without political. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Juan Antonio Samaranch, this sentence tells the reality of complexity and frustration.
Forgive my unreasonable

He is a troll, just ignore him.

You are right that we have many flaws in ourselves, but the West is naturally hostile towards China, and this Olympic Games is a mirror to let many Chinese people to realize this truth.

Actually i am quite happy to see that 90% of the Chinese netizens do display the strong patriotism and support for their Motherland.

I agree with this post 100%. This olympics has been an eye opener for all Chinese to see the hate the west has towards China. Before people thought the west only hate China because of the CPC, but now it's made crystal clear it's got nothing to do with the type of government in China but the race of China. It was an attack on Chinese people. Discrimination due to being Chinese.

I'm glad this happened, for too long many Chinese have thought the west to be nice and reasonable people and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but no longer. In a way, this is a bigger accomplishment than winning the medal count, the western media has done a huge favour to China by uniting Chinese people.

The west just wrote a check they can't cash. They awoke the sleeping giant.

e15-879.jpg

Awakened peoples, you will certainly attain the ultimate victory!
g2-687.jpg

Before people thought the west only hate China because of the CPC...

That's just a trick. :lol:

They always say "I only hate the CPC, I don't hate China".

In fact, it is the opposite way around. They are afraid of a powerful China (regardless of our government), and they are grateful to the CPC for keeping a low profile and not destroying their global order too quickly.

I agree with this post 100%. This olympics has been an eye opener for all Chinese to see the hate the west has towards China. Before people thought the west only hate China because of the CPC, but now it's made crystal clear it's got nothing to do with the type of government in China but the race of China. It was an attack on Chinese people. Discrimination due to being Chinese.

I'm glad this happened, for too long many Chinese have thought the west to be nice and reasonable people and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but no longer. In a way, this is a bigger accomplishment than winning the medal count, the western media has done a huge favour to China by uniting Chinese people.

It is not just the Chinese. In general they do not like the idea of us inferior Asians being up there on par if not better than them. They have meddled with the outcomes of hockey to lessen Pakistan's chances of progression, Indian Boxing, South Korean Fencing and badminton, Embarrassing North Korea on their first football match and heavily penalizing and marking down Chinese athletes.

Oh wait, perhaps they were all 'coincidences'? :rolleyes:

My late congrats and everlasting admiration to Xu Lijia for winning the gold medal in the women's Laser Radial class
_62074229_xu_lijia_getty.jpg

She has an almost blind eye, an almost deaf ear, a tumor in her knee that robbed her of the opportunity to participate in Athens 2004 (at that time she was only 17 and already qualified for the Olympics), a storm during training that almost took her life. I've always had a soft spot for underdogs, even though she is a strong competitor with a bronze medal in Beijing 2008 and a world champion title in 2006, her disabilities definitely put her to disadvantage. She quit in 2009 and became a college student. She came back to the game in 2011. One year later she won the gold medal in London 2012. No wonder she was so excited and screamed for 50 seconds at the finishing spot. She has every reason to. London 2012 organization has been a joke, but its slogan is right on the athlete side, at least the athletes did inspire our generation.

She was interviewed by BBC, and spoke pretty good English, very impressive.
BBC Sport - Olympics sailing: China's Xu Lijia pips Marit Bouwmeester to gold

My disappointment with Liu Xiang also comes with empathy for him. No matter what others will say about him, he is still a great athlete and a hero to me. Whether his professional life may or may not be over, I wish him the best, and hope he could once again taste the happiness of being a normal person instead of an icon.

:smokin:
Actually I see more and more Chinese net users are tend to use the word "白皮猪",pretty good sign。:devil:

We still lack depth in many sports. US has many gold medal chances in pretty much every event in every sport so they have many gold chances even if they fail to get gold in many events. This is the major problem in the Chinese team, we have to rely on clean sweeping a certain sport (eg. Diving, table tennis, badminton) to get our golds, it's always very difficult to win all the golds in a certain sport. US has a more evenly distributed chance of gold. This is where we need to improve. 4 years have gone by since 2008 and the only big improvement I see is in swimming, we still suck at track & field. We need to get many gold hopefuls in track & field, rowing, cycling, etc.

If we are to beat the US, we need to close the gap in swimming and track & field. This is where the US racks up the majority of its gold medals and total medals. US won 16 golds in swimming, we won 5. That's still a 11 gold difference, too big imo.

Oh well, we played them close, Congrats to USA.

I am confused by your words. Chinese seemed have a WIDER Coverage of Gold rash than the USA team. I tried to check BBC site in this Olympics, China has taken 73 Medals in 16 categories. The USA's figure is 70 Medals in 12 categories.

I even get the full game figure of last Olympics in Beijing, where China took 100 Medals in 25 categories. Team USA got 110 Medals in 22 categories.

Chinese are excellent in sports but you should focus on more fact numbers than just post out of you imagination.

For you info, try to click the country names and Olympic Year above, you get all data.

BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics - Medal Table

I am confused by your words. Chinese seemed have a WIDER Coverage of Gold rash than the USA team. I tried to check BBC site in this Olympics, China has taken 73 Medals in 16 categories. The USA's figure is 70 Medals in 12 categories.

I even get the full game figure of last Olympics in Beijing, where China took 100 Medals in 25 categories. Team USA got 110 Medals in 22 categories.

Chinese are excellent in sports but you should focus on more fact numbers than just post out of you imagination.

For you info, try to click the country names and Olympic Year above, you get all data.

Bro, Ignore him. His head was kicked by a donkey. Maybe he is not Chinese.

I think Anarchy 99 is just being too pessimistic.

Anyway, I hope our athletes continue to do well, as another day of the Olympics starts! :woot:

What he really meant is that in some categories especially track and fields China really legs behind.

U.S. media is crazy, in suspected Usain Bolt

LONDON — When he won the 100-meter dash in the second-fastest time in history Sunday night, Usain Bolt sent the 80,000 who witnessed his feat in person and the millions more who watched it on television into a state of delirium. Bolt’s feat raised the old grade-school axiom “Wanna race?” to athletic nirvana.

But even before his gold medal ceremony here Monday night, that state of euphoria was pierced with variations of the same cynical question: “Is he clean?”

Respect Usain Bolt; don’t suspect him - The Washington Post

My disappointment with Liu Xiang also comes with empathy for him. No matter what others will say about him, he is still a great athlete and a hero to me. Whether his professional life may or may not be over, I wish him the best, and hope he could once again taste the happiness of being a normal person instead of an icon.

a good actor he is..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom