What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
iran obtain 4gold+3silver+1bronze and 12th rank
absolutly it seem we can't defeat west
please china you fu****k U.S.A
:china::sniper::usflag:
I watched the live,Iran got 1 gold and 1 silver in over-105 kilogram weightlifting。
In the award ceremony,all the Iranian spectators were singing Iran national anthem,seeing their national flag raised to the higest,
Salute to the patriotism of Iranian people and your heroes。

Instead of blaming the west, we need to improve ourselves, if we had more chances in track & field we wouldn't be in a position to rely on judges to win gold. This is a fundamental weakness in our sporting system, when we are a no show in athletics, we are starting the olympics at a disadvantage, we are just spectators once athletics start. This MUST change. If we can do so well in swimming and Liu Xiang can beat black sprinters, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot do well in athletics.

Yes judges were unfair and were robbed atleast 2 golds, but we can cry about it or we can use that as motivation to further improve ourselves in non-judging sports where the winner is not decided by biased judges.

We are still not doing good enough in events that matter and we are much weakened in sports that we are good at.

Athletics and swimming are the 2 events that carry most medals, 47 and 34 gold respectively. How many out of those can we win? Pretty paltry! And in other big ticket items, we are not faring too well: canoeing 16, cycling 18, judo 14, rowing 14, shooting 15, weight-lifting 15 ..! If we cannot defend or excel in our traditional strongholds like gymnastics (18), badminton, table tennis, diving, shooting, weightlifting we are done!

Gymnastics
Beijing G11 S2 B5
London G04 S3 B1

Weightlifting
BJ 8-1-0
LD 5-2-0

Shooting
BJ 5-2-1
LD 2-2-3

Judo
BJ 3-0-1
LD 0-1-1

We still dont have any breakthrough or are paddling backward in football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, waterpolo, handball, field hockey.

Upon the conclusion of this Olympics, let's do this exercise once again then we can easily find out our overall gains and losses!

Quite disappointed why so many Chinese still hype Liu Xiang. This guy was a one hit (race) wonder. All the millions in endorsements this guy has milked in the last 8 years for one major race in Athens then no shows for the past 2 Olympics and this guy after the fall still does not retire. He wants to milk even more money for the next 4 yrs on the delusional mirage that he will have a chance in Rio 2016? What, a Olympic contender at 32 with all the major injuries this guy has, give me break. Some Chinese previous multiple gold medal winners probably get 1/100th the amount in endrosements this guy has tricked from the public.

As to the volleyball team, they suck. Fat Wang Yimei needs to retire. I can't believe China still relies on this tubby as a major striker. I see other teams like the Korean and American team they have tall, athletic, lean strikers like Kim or Hooker but we have a 200 pound out of shape hippo. It seems all the players are the same from 2008. They already fired 3 coaches time to deduce not the coaches but the players.

Maybe they can retrain Xue Chen from beach volleyball to get back on the hard court.

They need to get rid of this Hippo
000802ab4a6309bc4af018.jpg

for this lean mean fighting machine,

I like Wang Yimei.
She did China proud in Athens, I remember the Chinese crowd being particularly fond of her.
Dont disrespect her for her size, she is powerful. Also calling her a hippo is distasteful, show some respect.

I like Wang Yimei.
She did China proud in Athens, I remember the Chinese crowd being particularly fond of her.
Dont disrespect her for her size, she is powerful. Also calling her a hippo is distasteful, show some respect.

Out of all the strikers from the top teams I watched so far she is the most non athletic. Her strikes consistently gets dug or blocked and due to weight she is not the quickest nor effective blocker. Since this team is built around her it is due to failure, as attested by the past 2 Olympics and lost to Japan last night. Granted she has suffered injury but how much is because of weight issues??

As I said this team changed coaches 3 times in past 4 years, it is up to the point now it isn't the coaches fault but certain players this team is built around. They need more athletic, versatile, flexible talent that can hit deep strikes and is tall, quick enough for an effective block than one dimensional players.

So yeah in the end if forming a team winning gold is the ultimate goal she is a hippo blocking that outcome.

We are on going to win our 35th GOLD! in Men's team table tennis now leading the S Koreans by 2-0 after winning 2 singles' matches; and into the 3rd match-up in double, leading by 2-0.

Go China!:china:

Quite disappointed why so many Chinese still hype Liu Xiang. This guy was a one hit (race) wonder. All the millions in endorsements this guy has milked in the last 8 years for one major race in Athens then no shows for the past 2 Olympics and this guy after the fall still does not retire. He wants to milk even more money for the next 4 yrs on the delusional mirage that he will have a chance in Rio 2016? What, a Olympic contender at 32 with all the major injuries this guy has, give me break. Some Chinese previous multiple gold medal winners probably get 1/100th the amount in endrosements this guy has tricked from the public.

As to the volleyball team, they suck. Fat Wang Yimei needs to retire. I can't believe China still relies on this tubby as a major striker. I see other teams like the Korean and American team they have tall, athletic, lean strikers like Kim or Hooker but we have a 200 pound out of shape hippo. It seems all the players are the same from 2008. They already fired 3 coaches time to deduce not the coaches but the players.

Maybe they can retrain Xue Chen from beach volleyball to get back on the hard court.

They need to get rid of this Hippo

for this lean mean fighting machine,

You need to retire man!
Liu Xiang is no fluke. He is still our best and one of the world's best hurdlers. Check his recent race records before you babble here!

Women's volleyball is by far the best of all the other ball games that I have mentioned in post #992. Wang Yimei has done a lot for our team.

Get the f#ck out of here!

Yes! Clean sweep in Table Tennis, just like our achievement in Badminton!

Congratulations to our Table Tennis Team on the 35th Gold!

And China did it again, 3-0 vs Korea. Tonight the women beach volleyball for bronze :D

She has already won a gold in beauty contest of women's beach volleyball:

Also:

Zhou Shiming in men's Men's Light Fly (49kg) quarterfinals' fight against Kazakhstani boxer BJ time 3:30 am

Wu Jingyu onwards to her defense of women's Taekwondo 49kg in the final after beating Croatia in today's semis

Ren Cancan in the final of Women's Fly (51kg) boxing after defeating us boxer on points

Also in boxing women's Middle (75kg), Li Jinzi lost to the Russian boxer but won our 19th Bronze

Go China! :china:

Salute to the World's Greatest:

China Table Tennis

1386926_M01.jpg

Ma Long- has won all his single matches in the team

1387196_M01.jpg

World regining Champions and Gold medallist Zhang Jike (L) and Silver medallist Wang Hao

131771314_51n.jpg

L-R) Ma Long, Wang Hao, coach Liu Guoliang and Zhang Jike of China celebrate after men's table tennis team final match between China and South Korea, at London 2012 Olympic Games in London, Britain, on August 8, 2012. China won gold medal. (Xinhua/Shen Bohan)

1387592_M01.jpg

(L-R) Gold medallists Ma Long, Wang Hao and Zhang Jike pose on the podium during the Victory ceremony for the Men's Team Table Tennis on Day 12 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at ExCeL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom