What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Britain overtakes the USA in the Medals table.

I really hope so! :tup:

And it's not just because I want to see the USA as 3rd. That will just be a nice bonus.

Let's hope other teams to shred more gold medals from USA just like we got shredded by NK/Russia and the referees. :coffee:

china's gold medal tally should be 37 gold atleast but the referees robbed china' couple of gold medals:angry:

Britain is like the half home turf for USA, they are always favored when playing in the English-speaking countries, and i think the Rio 2016 Olympics will be less biased against China.

We still lack depth in many sports. US has many gold medal chances in pretty much every event in every sport so they have many gold chances even if they fail to get gold in many events. This is the major problem in the Chinese team, we have to rely on clean sweeping a certain sport (eg. Diving, table tennis, badminton) to get our golds, it's always very difficult to win all the golds in a certain sport. US has a more evenly distributed chance of gold. This is where we need to improve. 4 years have gone by since 2008 and the only big improvement I see is in swimming, we still suck at track & field. We need to get many gold hopefuls in track & field, rowing, cycling, etc.

If we are to beat the US, we need to close the gap in swimming and track & field. This is where the US racks up the majority of its gold medals and total medals. US won 16 golds in swimming, we won 5. That's still a 11 gold difference, too big imo.

Oh well, we played them close, Congrats to USA.

We still lack depth in many sports. US has many gold medal chances in pretty much every event in every sport so they have many gold chances even if they fail to get gold in many events. This is the major problem in the Chinese team, we have to rely on clean sweeping a certain sport (eg. Diving, table tennis, badminton) to get our golds, it's always very difficult to win all the golds in a certain sport. US has a more evenly distributed chance of gold. This is where we need to improve. 4 years have gone by since 2008 and the only big improvement I see is in swimming, we still suck at track & field. We need to get many gold hopefuls in track & field, rowing, cycling, etc.

If we are to beat the US, we need to close the gap in swimming and track & field. This is where the US racks up the majority of its gold medals and total medals. US won 16 golds in swimming, we won 5. That's still a 11 gold difference, too big imo.

Oh well, we played them close, Congrats to USA.

US has so many black athletes for their track and field and their basketball, it is simply unfair to compare our homogeneous Chinese athletes with them. :coffee:

The pool is always dominated by the white athletes, and you can see that China is now starting to challenge them in this particular domain.

It's not over yet.

Our athletes have showed the world that they can be the best, in whatever discipline they choose to follow.

It's over now, we have run out of gold medal hopefuls, whereas the US will get many golds in the final 5 days. Infact the US might even have a decent lead over china once it's finished. Their team sports, track & field, boxing, BMX, etc have very high chances of gold. This medal race is all over bar the shouting. Fat lady is about to sing.

Don't believe me? Go check out the number of finals and semifinals the US is in. Not to mention top qualifiers in track & field on many events. I still think US will get close to 45 gold.

We blew many chances in weightlifting, shooting, gymnastics, rowing and team sports.

It's over now, we have run out of gold medal hopefuls, whereas the US will get many golds in the final 5 days. Infact the US might even have a decent lead over china once it's finished. Their team sports, track & field, boxing, BMX, etc have very high chances of gold. This medal race is all over bar the shouting. Fat lady is about to sing.

Don't believe me? Go check out the number of finals and semifinals the US is in. Not to mention top qualifiers in track & field on many events. I still think US will get close to 45 gold.

We blew many chances in weightlifting, shooting, gymnastics, rowing and team sports.

It's not over till the very end. It will be very close.

USA only won 44 gold medals in their own home turf when they got no real competition, and i don't think they will suddenly get roided up this time. :coffee:

china's gold medal tally should be 37 gold atleast but the referees robbed china' couple of gold medals:angry:

Despite obvious tinkering on the scores, I think we Asians have put up with a good fight. It is clear to the international community how bad some of the decisions had been. Athletes and us Asian members who felt injustice should be proud of what our nations have achieved. We all know deep down that America and the British does not deserve some of their medals and more gold and silver should have been awarded to other teams.

The west simply cannot stand losing to Asian nations and the UK are obviously jealous of the success of the Beijing Olympics, that they are doing their utmost to tarnish its image by keeping our medal counts down and flooding the world with news about Chinese match fixing, doping and torturous trainings etc.

We cannot expect a leopard to change its spots. All we can do about this rigged Olympic games is to continue cheering for our teams and to move on, despite obvious outcomes. London 2012 is probably one of if not the worst Olympics the world have ever seen. Hopefully Brazil will put a smile back to our faces. :)

western countries jealous from china thats why they robbed china's gold medals :cry:

USA only won 44 gold medals in their own home turf when they got no real competition, and i don't think they will suddenly get roided up this time. :coffee:

Despite obvious tinkering on the scores, I think we Asians have put up with a good fight. It is clear to the international community how bad some of the decisions had been. Athletes and us Asian members who felt injustice should be proud of what our nations have achieved. We all know deep down that America and the British does not deserve some of their medals and more gold and silver should have been awarded to other teams.

The west simply cannot stand losing to Asian nations and the UK are obviously jealous of the success of the Beijing Olympics, that they are doing their utmost to tarnish its image by keeping our medal counts down and flooding the world with news about Chinese match fixing, doping and torturous trainings etc.

We cannot expect a leopard to change its spots. All we can do about this rigged Olympic games is to continue cheering for our teams and to move on, despite obvious outcomes. London 2012 is probably one of if not the worst Olympics the world have ever seen. Hopefully Brazil will put a smile back to our faces. :)

stop-whining.jpg

I agree buddy. :)

By the way Obambam, I love your avatar. :lol:

Not much use to debate who is gonna win the race, we all know that this Olympics is about prejudice. Just win as much medals as possible in the coming events so that even if USA does manage to get more gold than China it would be by a very small margin. I'm already proud of what our athletes have pulled off and they deserve to be praised. It would be an irony if we end up on the top spot after they robbed us some gold medals.

Instead of blaming the west, we need to improve ourselves, if we had more chances in track & field we wouldn't be in a position to rely on judges to win gold. This is a fundamental weakness in our sporting system, when we are a no show in athletics, we are starting the olympics at a disadvantage, we are just spectators once athletics start. This MUST change. If we can do so well in swimming and Liu Xiang can beat black sprinters, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot do well in athletics.

Yes judges were unfair and were robbed atleast 2 golds, but we can cry about it or we can use that as motivation to further improve ourselves in non-judging sports where the winner is not decided by biased judges.

Come on,it's just a game.it's a shame that think those medals as national honor.Only pathetic people have such mentality.
just a game? Brother, Olympic games had been political games.
The Olympic Movement has always been political, not be without political. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Juan Antonio Samaranch, this sentence tells the reality of complexity and frustration.
Forgive my unreasonable

Instead of blaming the west, we need to improve ourselves, if we had more chances in track & field we wouldn't be in a position to rely on judges to win gold. This is a fundamental weakness in our sporting system, when we are a no show in athletics, we are starting the olympics at a disadvantage, we are just spectators once athletics start. This MUST change. If we can do so well in swimming and Liu Xiang can beat black sprinters, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot do well in athletics.

Yes judges were unfair and were robbed atleast 2 golds, but we can cry about it or we can use that as motivation to further improve ourselves in non-judging sports where the winner is not decided by biased judges.

You are right that we have many flaws in ourselves, but the West is naturally hostile towards China, and this Olympic Games is a mirror to let many Chinese people to realize this truth.

Actually i am quite happy to see that 90% of the Chinese netizens do display the strong patriotism and support for their Motherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom