What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the medals tally?.... i saw america sweep golds in swimming yet again.... Man they eating gold like they hungry since 1000s of years.... Any channel i turn i see america grabbing golds.

Not going to happen from now on. Their swimming sessions have finished. Instead of short distance swimming, there will be diving and long distance, I don't think America is strong enough in those areas. Plus the African nations will give them a run for their money on the tracks. China would have had one extra gold if if wasn't for the cycling scam.

http://www.london2012.com/table-tennis/about/index.html

Go to the Did you know section 2nd bullet. "Top players previously used speed glue to increase the spin and speed on the ball, until equipment rule changes were enforced to slow the game down."

Chinese players too fast ? :D

Good pick!

Following the same in the third bullet of "Did you know?" which I find quite funny:

Table Tennis was banned in the former Soviet Union during the early 20th century because the sport was believed to be harmful to the eyes.

The ruskies couldn't match the lightning speed of their south eastern neighbour!

Usain Bolt just like a lightning bolt that guy is a legend 9.63 seconds tonight

great race. the bunch of the fastest runners in 100m took part. all 7 sprinters finished the race in less than 10 sec. Bolt is a beast! He is usually slow in the first 50m then accelerates to beat the pack.

I did not see him doing conservation of energy this time! It is a new OR by the way! The 4 x 100m showdown between Jamaica vs USA will be very exciting!

Ha, my bad. :lol:
Don't think anyone will beat his total medals for some time.

Shame they didn't include the 1500m free style with similar events such as 1500m breast stroke, 1500m backstroke and 1500m team medleys. If those events are incorporated in future olympics then Sun Yang might have a chance as he is only 20yrs of age.

چاینہ مبارکاں

According to them, any sport that China dominating is a useless sport. :coffee:

No, its just table tennis (we call it ping pong) and badminton are not considered 'real competitions' (i.e respectable aside from a diversion) by most in the US and probably North America. Its on the same level as 'e-sports', that is, competitive gaming in terms of what most people would think about it.

It genuinely isn't anything against China, thats just the way it is.

I doubt the same thing could be said about the chinese posters desire to lower the medal count for swimming on here. If it was China dominating swimming they would be cheering and dismissive of the idea of 'too many medals'
Just 4 years ago, i saw Phelps as untouchable, now he is just nothing, we can have the potential young swimmers from the post-1990s or post-2000s groups to beat him in the future.

If Phelps is nothing then the rest of the world is less then nothing considering he is the most decorated olympic athlete ever:what:

According to them, any sport that China dominating is a useless sport.
In other words, you just made up that banning sh1t.

Just 4 years ago, i saw Phelps as untouchable, now he is just nothing, we can have the potential young swimmers from the post-1990s or post-2000s groups to beat him in the future.
Phelps have accomplished far more for himself and for a cause -- swimming -- than you will EVER do for anything in your life. Sounds like petty jealousy to me.

If Phelps is nothing then the rest of the world is less then nothing considering he is the most decorated olympic athlete ever:what:

Well, Phelps is indeed a great athlete, nobody is denying it, but if the US media keeps portraying him like a god, then he is just nothing like the rest.

No one can be a god. :coffee:

Well, Phelps is a great athlete, nobody is denying it, but if the US media keeps portraying him like a god, then he is just nothing like the rest.

No one can be a god. :coffee:
You mean China's state owned media would ignore Chinese athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom