What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
12th Bronze in Women discus throw!

Li Yanfeng! @67.22 meters

2012-08-04T212201Z_181527190_LM2E8841NCJAC_RTRMADP_3_OLY-ATHL-ATWDIS-ATW052101.JPG

Li Yanfeng kisses her bronze medal at the women's discus throw victory ceremony during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Olympic Stadium August 4, 2012.

Congratulations!

I am not sure if any of you guys has watched women's single sculls final earlier. There are one athlete from Belarus, Ekaterina Karsten, and she is 40 years old, and also the Chinese athlete Zhang Xiuyun who is 36 years old. both are amazing moms, I bet their kids must be very proud. Zhang won a silver medal (double sculls ) in Atlanta in 1996, but was later diagnosed of serious congenital herat disease, and had to retire. After many years, she returned with a stronger heart after a coronary surgery, and still competes on the highest level. Although her performance in the final is not as good as the heat and she only finished last, but still an admirable achievement.

1325847_M01.jpg

1325863_M01.jpg

Gold medallist Chen Ding of China poses
(L-R) Silver medalist Erick Barrondo of Guatemala, gold medalist, Chen Ding of China, and bronze medalist Wang Zhen of China celebrate their medals in the Men's 20k Walk on Day 8 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at Olympic Stadium

Chen also sets the new Olympic record.

Congratualtions!

I am not sure if any of you guys has watched women's single sculls final earlier. There are one athlete from Belarus, Ekaterina Karsten, and she is 40 years old, and also the Chinese athlete Zhang Xiuyun who is 36 years old. both are amazing moms, I bet their kids must be very proud. Zhang won a silver medal (double sculls ) in Atlanta in 1996, but was later diagnosed of serious congenital herat disease, and had to retire. After many years, she returned with a stronger heart after a coronary surgery, and still competes on the highest level. Although her performance in the final is not as good as the heat and she only finished last, but still an admirable achievement.

Indeed! That's great achievement beyond any medal count!
The oldest athlete is a Japanese who is over 70 years old competing in equestrian
And they make the spirit of Olympics shine!

Very touching story. Zhang Xiuyun 张秀云 indeed a very courageous woman who loves the sport and works hard at it. She's a model for us to emulated, be it in sports or other arena of live.

Good lucks to the Olympians of China!

i just worked out we can still get 10-15 golds:lol:
badminton 2 golds
diving 4 golds
Table tennis 2
Atheltics 1
gymnastics may be 2 or 3
various others 3

final total china will get 37-40 golds:bounce:

What's the medals tally?.... i saw america sweep golds in swimming yet again.... Man they eating gold like they hungry since 1000s of years.... Any channel i turn i see america grabbing golds.

What's the medals tally?.... i saw america sweep golds in swimming yet again.... Man they eating gold like they hungry since 1000s of years.... Any channel i turn i see america grabbing golds.

They currently have 26 gold, leading over China by 1 and with 53 overall.

@Letsgetrowday thanks.... Which country will have more chances to win Gold? America or china? Like if you have any List of events in which both america and china taking part? With info who good in that event.... i know it will be long list but will be very useful info that will give an idea who might top in the end....

Too many events in Swimming, I dont know why.

Americans are doing really bad in Track and Field which traditionally their strongest ground.

What a load of rubbish.
Saina didnt win because she was fitter than her opponent. Wang Xin got Injured. Indians it appears cannot win with humility. Were there any congratulations for Wang Yihan from Indian comrades for winning gold?
NO
The swarm here and talk 5hit about chinese stamina, even though we congratulate India on this thread.

China should get no congratulations unless it can best America in total gold or total medal. Winning a single gold medal by China does not deserve congratulations.

However, an Indian that wins a bronze to more valuable to India than a Chinese that win a gold medal is to China as China win so many gold medals, win a single one becomes insignificant. Same goes to countries like the US, Russia, Britain. But to a country like India and Vietnam, winning a single bronze is a cause for popping champaign cork.

Too many events in Swimming, I dont know why.

Americans are doing really bad in Track and Field which traditionally their strongest ground.

Agreed.

America's really have the upper hand on this kind of medal distribution. There are just simply way too many medals in swimming, and it's pretty much the same swimmers that's getting the golds over and over again. Not to mention the people they swim against is pretty the same too, so what's the point?

As the swimming events are winding down, the US receives 30 out of her 54 total medals from the pool, 16 out of her 26 golds, 8 out of her 13 silvers and 6 out of her 15 bronzes.

The total 30 medals are more than any 3 countries combined, talking about dominance!

YES! Our 24th Gold in Men's 1500m freestyle swimming and a new world record!

Sun Yang @14:31:02 A new world record The old record was set also by Sun in Shanghai World Championships 2011 @14:34.14

Congratulations!

Go China!
:china:

LOL! This guy is a beast!

Congratulations!

China should get no congratulations unless it can best America in total gold or total medal. Winning a single gold medal by China does not deserve congratulations.

However, an Indian that wins a bronze to more valuable to India than a Chinese that win a gold medal is to China as China win so many gold medals, win a single one becomes insignificant. Same goes to countries like the US, Russia, Britain. But to a country like India and Vietnam, winning a single bronze is a cause for popping champaign cork.
We find happiness even in despair and scarcity. That's one of our trait that makes us different, good or bad.

BTW its cheap to bring India and Vietnam in it. If we spend more on our sports, you will say use this money for hunger.. You guys can't breather unless you spew hatred against us. BTW US has considerably less population than you, why they are ahead.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom