What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the first Gold medal winner (Yi Siling) in the London Olympics is participating in any more upcoming events?

=

XxjwsfF000036_20120728_BJPFN1A001.jpg

And I hope our swimmers continue to do well in their next events too. The competition is getting REALLY fierce!

Usain Bolt for instance (who refused to come to the Indian Commonwealth games because of the smell).

Is this true? :lol:

Man I would laugh my *** off if true as I had already assumed the blacks in Africa consider their Indian counterparts as genetically inferior but this is proof of the pudding of interacial discrimnation. :lol:

Is this true? :lol:

Man I would laugh my *** off if true as I had already assumed the blacks in Africa consider their Indian counterparts as genetically inferior but this is proof of the pudding of interacial discrimnation. :lol:

Actually all the big-name athletes like Usain Bolt and Chris Hoy refused to go there.

But the Indian troll is gone now, so we should stay on the topic.

We won't be able to beat the USA in swimming but we can close the gap a little this time. In track & field we are still behind the USA in track but maybe we can get a couple of medals in field events. Gymnastics we will fall behind USA this time. We need to build up our depth in swimming, the USA has 2 or 3 great swimmers in every event in both men's and women's, they rack up many medals with their depth. In track & field, we must develop more in the field where we can compete. In track only Liu Xiang is world class.

We can improve in rowing too. We also have to increase our chances in non-judging events where many judges discriminate against Chinese athletes. In swimming, rowing, track & field, etc you don't have to rely on judges to score points thus the result is in our hands and not in the biased opinion of judges. In gymnastics, the judges favor the US team.

If we can build our depth in many sports, we can dominate. Sun Yang, Ye Shiwen, Lu Ying prove we have the talent to compete with the US in swimming and Liu Xiang proved that we can beat the US even in track.

Yi Siling is only competing in her specialized event of 10m air rifle. She did her job for the motherland and won gold. Now it's time for others to step up (especially gymnastics).

Kitajima Japan finished 4th 100M breaststroke.

Is his days of reign in breaststroke over yet?

Van der Burgh of S Africa won gold and broke the Olympic record!

kitajima not int the right mood.

still solute he's one of the milestone of Asian swimming.

He was overwhelming favorite to win gold but failed. All of our favourites from gymnastics to weightlifting are not doing as well. We need to get gold from our strengths to top the gold medal table, otherwise USA will beat us once they get gold from their strengths.

Spirit of this person is above gold medal. Even after winning Silver he shows his regret thinking he let down his country. No wonder Chinese are getting ahead in Olympics as they have people like these.

Who watches Olympic anyway? That's a question that doesn't deserve an answer.

We Chinese are rooting for our athletes to bring home the most gold medals in this year's Olympic, other than the Americans, no one can feel those adrenaline running through our vein as those heroes of ours doing the same in the field the next two weeks.

For the rest of the world, they'll watch in awes and with envies. Some of the lucky ones will be happy with just a medal for their country but for some it'll be a dream only.

well said Bro! We feel breathing and our hearts beating with Team China during their matches!
Go China! :china:

USA will win many medals in swimming and track & field. They will win the most gold and total medals. We still lack depth in swimming and track & field.

US' dominance in their traditional fortes are actually weakening because of the emergence of swimming talents from Europe and Asia; and in track and field the challenges from African countries

US synchronized diving team wear Chinese Li Ning brand.

US-women-take-silver-in-synchronized-diving-0N1V0S8M-x-largecopy.jpg

Pau-Gasol.jpg

Spain basketball team's jersey is sponsored by the same brand as the US diving team. So is the Croatia coaches' uniform.

kitajima not int the right mood.

still solute he's one of the milestone of Asian swimming.

In fact Kitajima finished 5th instead of 4th and van der Burgh broke the world record ( my mistakes in the previous post) in the 100m final.

He still has the 200m and 4x100m medley relay to prove himself.

He is a legend!

Banned Topic- Toilets.

Banned Topic- Indian Poverty.

Why PDF has to ban the above topics?

:china::china::china::china::china:

Guys: you can click this to see our Country in action in the past Olympics. Scroll down and pick China in "All Countries" menu

and also this live from the London Olympics broadcaster:

http://www.olympic.org/content/broadcaster-home/

So finally India won its first medal, though not a gold but since their are many more events to follow I think as of now their is not much to worry about.

About some comments I saw here on Indian performance, India are traditional powerhouse in many sports like Cricket, chess and Q sports. Unfortunately this games are not part of the Olympics otherwise our medal count had said a different story.

Still we are hopeful this time in many disciplines like shooting, boxing and wrestling.

I am also hopeful about badminton, just hoping that our contenders may not face any Chinese player before semis, thats the only shot we have at least for a bronze.

Thats 21st gold out if possible last 24 golds Olympics has to offer in Diving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom