What's new

LK Advani takes a swipe at Narendra Modi

Though i am a supporter of bjp, these clowns need to stop in-fighting and making r*tarded claims of making temples in Sri lanka, and actually think of policies to fight corruption and improve the economic situation. Why do we Indians have complete losers for political leaders, on one hand we have congress that steals money and is corrupt to the core, and on the other hand we have bjp that is such a useless political party that cant even take advantage of the situation and try to remedy the nations problems :help:

Modi has no support base in the south or east India. He does not have the charisma that Vajpayee or even Sonia Gandhi has to appeal to the masses. The only way he could come to power is to play very clever coalition politics. He neither has the humility nor connivance to have a successful coalition.

Vajpayee will never support modi. He'd have had him sacked way back in 2001 if the Sangh hadn't intervened.

Is that some kind of insider info? Source please?

Also, say what you want, but the only one in BJP that even talks about development plans is Modi. I am not sure how many development projects he will be able to deliver if he becomes pm (if any), but if you watch his speeches, AT LEAST he talks about business and infrastructure and economic development plans. The rest of the BJP doesnt even utter these development words as part of their policies. Just yesterday BJP leaders form MP from this so called "humble" leaders state declared how they will build a sita temple in Sri lanka if they win elections, now why the f&ck would us indians want a f-cking temple in sri lanka? Is that going to solve our corruption and infrastructure issues? is that going to bring our economy back on track? fuking loser politicians, the only hope we have is to vote modi or become an undeveloped piece of wasteland

Advaniji should now retire and quite public life. He had a great innings but then age catches up with everyone.

Seriously its Time for him to gracefully retire and move out of Public life so that we can name an Airport after him maybe even some roads.

There really needs to be age limit for politicians :coffee:

mate you are kidding me right? its your own party which is scrambling to try to project one leader. read the article.

Well in Congress, there is only 1 royal family (and one son in line), so of course you wont have leader projection issues like bjp

I will NOT VOTE BJP if NAMO is not the leader clearly visible .

FO advani
FO bheeshama svaraja

It is one thing that the D4 has some ego issues regarding Modi and its another issue that the media (with its tongues wagging for the bharat nirman ad revenue pie) hyping up the differences.

Anyway it doesnt matter what either of the old men think. Their expiry date is long gone. Modi is the sole hope for BJP if they want to even have a chance of forming the Govt in 2014. If they realise that well and good, if not, then woe be upon them, the nation will get another 5 year rape sentence.

:lol:

Sir, I am no BJP worker, Just a Normal Indian Citizen :)

Welcome to Advani dream-land, if he can't be the PM directly then he's going to try damn hard to be the PM by proxy, Sonia Gandhi style..at the cost of his party, this nation and an honest chance for us to progress. Thanks a lot you old douche...

But how can that be converted to Seats..................

u will never knw unless u give a shot at it..... bjp must have declared modi as pm candidate by nw.... he should have toured all over the country..especially the urban areas where bjp has greater chances of winning . in states, where bjp is weak he should invite new leaders frm different parties to join his party...

even in states like a.p , t.n , kerala people are ready to vote for b.j.p but all they need is a strong local bjp leaders... which is missing as of nw...

Mr Shivraj Singh Chauhan said "Modi jee No1 CM of BJP, Raman Singh jee is No2 and After them I am", He also appriciated Mr Parikar (CM of Goa)....

So controversy ends..

In India PM is decided by MPs , so no one knows who will become PM until he become PM..

LK Advani takes a swipe at Narendra Modi, rates Shivraj Singh Chouhan higher than him | NDTV.com

Gwalior: It's not the first time that LK Advani has pitted Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan against his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi, seen by many as a frontrunner to be the BJP's presumptive prime minister in the next general elections. Today, Mr Advani said Mr Chouhan's "humility" reminded him of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

In the BJP, that is extravagant praise. Mr Advani said, "Vajpayee always remained very humble and far away from arrogance. Similarly, I found Chouhan very humble, like Vajpayee." It is being seen as a direct jab at Mr Modi, who likes to detail how he scripted Gujarat's economic growth story in every speech he makes.

Mr Advani also said today that Gujarat was already economically prosperous when Mr Modi took over and that the BJP leader had only made it better. "I always tell Narendra Modi that Gujarat was already prosperous, 'You have multiplied the development there'... But Madhya Pradhesh and Chhattisgarh were not so prosperous... After multiplying the rate of development in Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj ji is still humble as a person." Mr Advani's contention is almost in line with the Congress', which holds that Mr Modi's success in Gujarat is built on the foundation that its governments had laid in the state.
The BJP's seniormost leader was speaking at a Madhya Pradesh state executive meet and his comments underscore a leadership tussle in the BJP.

There are large sections in the party that want Mr Modi to be declared the party's candidate for PM for the 2014 elections, now months away. But the BJP has not done that in the face of vehement opposition from crucial allies like the Janata Dal (United), which says that the taint of the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat under Mr Modi's watch makes him unacceptable.

Mr Modi has assiduously attempted to obliterate that taint with an image makeover that casts him as an efficient, development-oriented administrator. The 85-year-old Mr Advani, also seen as a claimant to the top post, has repeatedly projected Mr Chouhan's abilities as though to highlight that Mr Modi is not the only successful BJP chief minister.

When Mr Modi was inducted into the BJP's parliamentary board, an elite group of 12 top leaders who take the most important decisions in the party, Mr Advani had suggested that Mr Chouhan be inducted. Party president Rajnath Singh later explained that there was only one place and Mr Modi was picked.

as i always said modi opposition is not from the congress but from within his own party.
Narendra Modi is number 1, I am no 3: Shivraj Singh Chouhan

Narendra Modi No.1 among BJP CMs, Advani our most revered leader: Shivraj Singh Chouhan

BHOPAL: Two days after veteran BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani bolstered him to a position higher than Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi at a party workers' meeting in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tried to tone down the controversy over party's prime ministerial candidate by giving himself a low profile.

Speaking to reporters here on Monday, chief minister Chouhan argued that while Narendra Modi was "first" among BJP chief ministers, he himself was only number three in hierarchy and seniority. He said,"Narendra Modi is my elder brother and he is number one. Then comes the position of Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and I am the number three among the party's CMs."

Immediately after Chouhan launched the 'Annapurna Yojana', a food security scheme to distribute wheat at Re 1 per kg and rice at Rs 2 per kg for BPL(below poverty line) families in the state capital on Monday, he was approached by the media for a comment on former deputy Prime Minister LK Advani's claim that Chouhan had given a turn-around development story to erstwhile 'bimaru' Madhya Pradesh whereas Modi had improved on an already healthy Gujarat state.

Wanting to play down the controversy, Chouhan said,"I wish to explain that Lal Kishna Advani is our most revered leader, our guide and mentor. But what he said should not be misinterpreted. In his speech, he first praised Narendra Modi for his work in Gujarat. He also praised Raman Singh for his government's accomplishment in Chhattisgarh and Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar for his work. Thus, he also praised the work done by the Madhya Pradesh government."

Chouhan defended that the praise was not for any "individual" but a general praise for all BJP chief ministers and their methods of governance.

Narendra Modi No.1 among BJP CMs, Advani our most revered leader: Shivraj Singh Chouhan - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom