What's new

Lizard eating saudis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uromastyx is a genus of agamid lizard whose members are better-known as spiny-tailed lizards, uromastyxes, mastigures, or dabb lizards. Uromastyx are primarily herbivorous, but occasionally eat insects, especially when young. They spend most of their waking hours basking in the sun, hiding in underground chambers at daytime or when danger appears. They tend to establish themselves in hilly, rocky areas with good shelter and accessible vegetation.

Uromastyx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Imran Khan, @Yzd Khalifa, Uromastyx is a genus of lizard whose members are better known as spiny-tailed lizards. (Wiki) So if lizard is being considered something bad Uromastyx is not going to be cosidered anything better.

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever man even they call it dinosaur or elephant its good to eat

@Imran Khan, @Yzd Khalifa, Uromastyx is a genus of lizard whose members are better known as spiny-tailed lizards. (Wiki) So if lizard is being considered something bad Uromastyx is not going to be cosidered anything better.

thats why we eat with rice :lol:

whatever man even they call it dinosaur or elephant its good to eat

Of course, depends on the food habits of people: even though rabbits are halal probably in every madhhab many would take rabbit meat only during a famine. Again though prawns are considered Makrooh (hanafi) we never stop from eating prawns.

Why is this strange? Arabia is a desert for god's sake! Food scarcity and harsh deserts of Arabia... do I really need to explain this?!

^
:no: Uromastyx/Lizard dishes are famous around the globe, we don't eat here where I live though.

@Scythian @iranigirl2 @Armstrong @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani @wasm95 @Czar786 @Skallagrim

There's variation in ahadees but overall it seems like it was neither forbidden nor did he like to eat it. Also recommendation is different for "house" lizard than these large lizards. Looks like it was Arab food before prophet & was presented to him. He did not quite like it...

-
Ibn 'Umar reported that there were some persons with Allah's Apostle from among his Companions, Sa'd being one of them. There was brought to them the flesh of the lizard when a lady amongst the wives of Allah's Apostle said: It is the flesh of the lizard. Thereupon Allah's Messenger said: Eat, for it is lawful, but it is not my diet.

Sahih Muslim 1944 a In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 61 USC-MSA web (English) ref: Book 21, Hadith 4788
===
Ibn ‘Abbas said that his maternal aunt presented to the Messenger of Allah clarified butter, lizards and cottage cheese. He ate from clarified butter and cheese, but left the lizard abominably. It was eaten on the food cloth of the Messenger of Allah. Had it been unlawful, it would not have been eaten on the food cloth of the Messenger of Allah.

Sunan Abi Dawud 3793, In-book reference:Book 28, Hadith 58, English translation:Book 27, Hadith 3784
===
Allah's Messenger was asked about the eating of (the flesh) of the lizard, whereupon he said: I am neither the eater of it nor its prohibitor.

Sahih Muslim 1943 a, In-book reference:Book 34, Hadith 56, USC-MSA web (English) reference:Book 21, Hadith 4783
===
The Messenger of Allah forbade to eat the flesh of lizard.

Sunan Abi Dawud 3796, In-book reference:Book 28, Hadith 61, English translation:Book 27, Hadith 3787
===
the house lizard that blew on it. So the Messenger of Allah commanded that they should be killed.”

Sunan Ibn Majah English ref:Vol. 1, Book 28, Hadith 3231, Arabic ref:Book 28, Hadith 3353

===
It was narrated from Umm Sharik that the Prophet told her to kill house lizards.

Sunan Ibn Majah English reference:Vol. 1, Book 28, Hadith 3228, Arabic reference:Book 28, Hadith 3350

===

Sa'id b. Jubair reported that he heard Ibn 'Abbas says: The sister of my mother Umm Hufaid presented to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) clarified butter (ghee), cheese and some lizards. He ate out of the clarified butter and cheese, but left the lizard finding no liking for it. But it was eaten on the table of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Had it been forbidden (haram), it could not be eaten on the table of Allah's Messenger

Sahih Muslim 1947, In-book reference:Book 34, Hadith 68, USC-MSA web (English) reference:Book 21, Hadith 4795

@sur

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, extermely valuable bits of info, bro.

Bless you :wave:

Oi @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @al-Hasani -

Can I get a pair of Butter Fried Lizard Legs, with Large Fries & an Up-Sized Pepsi - Thank You ! :kiss3:

And I want a proper toy with my Kid's Meal this time...the last time you guys gave me a Barbie Doll Wearing a Burqa ! :angry:

Sir we are out of butter fried lizard would you like tandoori style :yay: and sir the toys comes with Kids meals only :kiss3:

[/QUOTE]
Sir.
I can only express my undying gratitude to the mod who flushed you down the toilet of ignominy. Please do us a favour and dont return.
Araz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom