What's new

(Live) Chandrayaan-2: India's historic moon mission lost its communication-Mission Failed

No Problem they had already conquered Moon 5000 years back, so there's nothing wrong.
I think they'll blame Pakistan for this too.
So the months of Chandrayan drumbeating is over now.

Distance between moon orbit and earth/distance between moon and earth = 99%
So your only success is covering distance which many have done in past even with older equipment?

India should just get their impoverished billion population stand on each others shoulders and they will easily reach the moon and beyond.

Give it up...

Lol, one reporter just shouted at the isro guy making announcement saying "why is the isro chairman not out here to face the press" and the isro dude was speechless

In India, you will find such FOOL reporters at every corner of street...

Issue is not with failure. Every nation somehow failed hy one way or another but keep trying and faces the reality. In Indian case, especially Modi, this is the matter of ego, chest thumping and tall claims for years and even use it some kind of victory over Pakistan and that's where it hurts most of all. However, ISI wasn't involved yet.

Pakistan is not even the last thing when we talk about our space program...

"NOT INTERESTED"

The main issue which interest me is the Freedom of Kashmiri people and Sikh people to form Khalistan

Great...

I am just loving how ISRO is getting mocked for this apparent failure on Twitter and Facebook, only to imagine how resilient our scientists would be to make it a success in their next mission. I have nothing to say to those who are feeling out of this world because its a 'failure of Indians' but for people who are stressing on focusing the life standards of the poors first, make a note that the overall budget of the whole project is merely 1000cr INR, where as ISRO's overall revenue in just one financial year is approximately 1600-2000cr INR.

Gentlemen, this is a self sufficient organization, generating revenues in billions for years now by sending satellites in damn cheap prices. And this organization has an enviable record of learning from its own failures. So instead of feeling good from its failures and mocking it, it would be wise to learn something from its culture and institutional practice. May be that would help to improve your own standards a bit better.
Self comfort, great! A failure is a failure. So much excuses. Its beyond ISRO capability. India space agency shall go step by step. Get a successful manned mission before talking about some soft landing on moon.

US, Russia and China all do it this way. India is no excuse too.

I am pretty sure, Indians on pdf were not impressed by chinese soft landing of moon.

99% success!
99% failure. The rocket launch and 2 orbit constitute only 1% of the of the mission.

Soft landing in the last 15mins is the most difficult part.

They haven't gotten used to it in their what 5000 years history?

Until and unless the country grooms them or teaches them...

Science hasn't really started as data collection which was the missions purpose didn't start...

But if you mean landing on moon science. ..I think few countries have achieved that and if Indians couldn't replicate it...It is in no way a success...It would be counted as a success if it was first EVER landing on moon and it failed....but that already happened more than half a century ago but with success...so doesn't make sense celebrating SUCH a failure...

Good to know

It is a serious question...that needs to be addressed since India opened the Pandora box of awarding it for crashing...
You are talking as if sending a heavy rocket like GSLV MKIII which had to perform a series of complex maneuvers to put the orbiter into the transfer trajectory is an easy feet, a mere high school project. The orbit also had to be circularized by a set of complex maneuvers. This entire mission designed, planned and executed by Indians. The orbiter fyi is functioning yet and in its service life of one year it can provide us useful scientific data.

If I were you, I wouldn't have jumped so quickly to discredit the Indians, especially when your very own space agency which has critical organizational and funding issues, just couldn't even dare to dream such a feet.
Rest of your post, with all due respect is plain off topic if not tacit trolling and I don't intend to fall for it.

Self comfort, great! A failure is a failure. So much excuses. Its beyond ISRO capability. India space agency shall go step by step. Get a successful manned mission before talking about some soft landing on moon.

99% failure. The rocket launch and 2 orbit constitute only 1% of the of the mission.

Construction of rover, Vehicle assemble, fueling, launching, maneuvering orbits, preparing for landing.....nothing matters to cheerleaders. But for scientists, journey through the whole project is also important.

Construction of rover, Vehicle assemble, fueling, launching, maneuvering orbits, preparing for landing.....nothing matters to cheerleaders. But for scientists, journey through the whole project is also important.
Of cos, all this is nothing. 99% of the whole mission lunar mission difficulty lies on the last 15mins soft moon landing. Do you know that? That is very very difficult. Ask ESA and Israel who both claimed to be very advance but short of the last part on soft moon landing.

Surprisely, CSA make it :enjoy:

Pakistan will not send anything to moon India will try for 100 years fool hindus

I would put more trust on ISRO which has already acheived enviable success even by world standard than some random trolls on an internet forum.

Back
Top Bottom