What's new

Like UPA, PM Modi on wrong track with Pak: It's not about Kashmir at all

Nothing new in this article. All this is already know to most Indians.

Which is why every Indian knows that talks with pak civilian govt. is a total waste of time.

Better to get them to behave, which is exactly what Modi is doing.

Nothing new in this article. All this is already know to most Indians.

Which is why every Indian knows that talks with pak civilian govt. is a total waste of time.

Better to get them to behave, which is exactly what Modi is doing.
And what Modi is doing? Please do tell.

Treating you exactly the way you need to be treated.

You either talk with the huriyat or talk with Indian govt. We don['t care either way.

Meanwhile turn up the heat and turn down the water supply which will force the pak govt. to come crawling back for talks.

Only this time you need to apologize for talking to the huriyat. LOL.

Go back to the Middle East......that's your original home..........
Leave the Indian subcontinent to its indigenous people.........

We just want to subjugate the indigenous people across the eastern border one more time

Modi-government quietly putted the Kashmir issue in backburner.if there is no discussion the issue will be marginalised in corner for few more decades. By then india will reached at the new heights of global power. And the issue will be forgotten for economic interest by international powers.

Oh, it's these arguments again. -_-

I've heard these arguments millions of times, and I've already shown how ridiculous they, so I shan't be repeating myself.
To each his opinion. Most of what the author said was bang on target. And it's not just him. Analysts and researchers from all over the world feel the same way and that includes well known Pakistani authors too.

Fact 1: Pakistan is a state based on religious ideology.

Fact 2 : Even handing over Kashmir to Pakistan will not solve the problem.

Fact 3: The Pak Army is loath for peace with India, because if there is peace, their status in Pakistan society will be degraded considerably. They can never let this happen They therefore need an enemy to stay relevant, to 'defend Islam from the infidels'. And India fits the bill to the T.

Fact4: Retribution for the loss of East Pakistan which has become deeply embedded in the Pak Army's psyche.

Fact 5: Many terrorist organizations earlier nurtured by the Establishment have cut the umbilical chord and have started operating independently. Called 'non state actors', these fundamentalist groups will continue to try and create mayhem in India with the help of hardline elements in Pakistan and within the Establishment. For them it would be a Hindu Vs Islam battle, not so much as India Vs Pakistan. And Pakistan will not be able to stop these groups either by design or default.

Treating you exactly the way you need to be treated.

You either talk with the huriyat or talk with Indian govt. We don['t care either way.

Meanwhile turn up the heat and turn down the water supply which will force the pak govt. to come crawling back for talks.

Only this time you need to apologize for talking to the huriyat. LOL.
Sweet dreams but again everyone has the right to dream.

Modi-government quietly putted the Kashmir issue in backburner.if there is no discussion the issue will be marginalised in corner for few more decades. By then india will reached at the new heights of global power. And the issue will be forgotten for economic interest by international powers.
India needs to understand that without kashmir solution we wont move an inch forward. Its like two people have a house dispute and one person is suggesting that well lets just not talk about the house but we can talk about other issues lol. What you think rationality says in this case, will the other person agree? Definitely not. India can continue not to talk about kashmir but remember my indian friends it may cost destruction of both countries and many lives lost may it be today, tomorrow or 10 years from now.

Last edited:
You are the one in that tiny elite of liberals that menyioned in this article.This article seems right because my friend experience with Pakistanis in UAE.According to that Pakistanis there is a larger section in Pak Society that dont like any type of peace with India.
We know this fact for a long time ago.Pakistan is created on the base of hatred against India
Me? An elite liberal? LOL, that's a laugh. I must admit, you seem to have a good sense of humor.

Pakistan was created on the basis of hatred towards India, that's a false narrative that basically ignores history. These arguments have been debated to death, and Indian media still insists on preaching this false narrative ever further, simply because this is what Indian public wants to hear. After all, sensationalism is the best way to get those ratings up. Don't you see that they're using you? They're playing with your sense of nationalism, when they themselves know full well that what they're saying is not only a lie, they're insulting your intelligence by making the entire argument into a black and white situation.

To each his opinion. Most of what the author said was bang on target. And it's not just him. Analysts and researchers from all over the world feel the same way and that includes well known Pakistani authors too.

Fact 1: Pakistan is a state based on religious ideology.
False, Pakistan started out as a secular nation, it was only declared an Islamic Republic in 56, and only adopted a state religion in the 70s. Even then, most of the constitution is actually quite secular in nature.

: Even handing over Kashmir to Pakistan will not solve the problem.
It won't solve the mistrust, but it will stop the fighting. Pakistan and India have been at each other's throats since their independence, of course the mistrust won't disappear over night.

: The Pak Army is loath for peace with India, because if there is peace, their status in Pakistan society will be degraded considerably. They can never let this happen They therefore need an enemy to stay relevant, to 'defend Islam from the infidels'. And India fits the bill to the T.
The PA's status won't ever degrade, but I do admit they'd rather not have to deal with India whenever possible. Having said that, if they did not want to solve the trouble between India and Pakistan, Musharraf would never have started to talk with India, when he was in power. This is a misguided belief that simply ignores reality. Besides, even if it was true, the PA no longer has the power it once wielded, it cannot interfere overtly without public backlash.

India isn't the only nation on the planet that (according to you) represents a threat to Islam, there are many other forces, especially today in the form of non-state actors.

: Retribution for the loss of East Pakistan which has become deeply embedded in the Pak Army's psyche.
No, it hasn't, this is a false narrative. The loss of EP was a tragedy, but an inevitable one. PA of course wants pay back, but it won't do it at the cost of Pakistan's reputation and material loss.

: Many terrorist organizations earlier nurtured by the Establishment have cut the umbilical chord and have started operating independently. Called 'non state actors', these fundamentalist groups will continue to try and create mayhem in India with the help of hardline elements in Pakistan and within the Establishment. For them it would be a Hindu Vs Islam battle, not so much as India Vs Pakistan. And Pakistan will not be able to stop these groups either by design or default.

Yeah, no. These are all personal opinions, not facts. If these were facts, there would be clear cut, indisputable evidence, and I wouldn't be able to argue at all, but here we all.

False, Pakistan started out as a secular nation, it was only declared an Islamic Republic in 56
Ah that was because of the delay in the adoption of the Constitution, was it not? :) It was actually neither secular nor islamic. It did tilt toward the Islamic (Objective Resolution). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Me? An elite liberal? LOL, that's a laugh. I must admit, you seem to have a good sense of humor.

Pakistan was created on the basis of hatred towards India, that's a false narrative that basically ignores history. These arguments have been debated to death, and Indian media still insists on preaching this false narrative ever further, simply because this is what Indian public wants to hear. After all, sensationalism is the best way to get those ratings up. Don't you see that they're using you? They're playing with your sense of nationalism, when they themselves know full well that what they're saying is not only a lie, they're insulting your intelligence by making the entire argument into a black and white situation.

I dont generalize entire Pakistani Society.But the elements having quite Anti India attitude can bend any peace process.Either by terrorism attack or by any other methods.
We know in India peoples like them exist but they are tiny fraction not a matter for our policy makers.
Our foreign policy is under the control eminent bureacrats and think tanks .Like our Foreign Minister said our foreign policy cant change in according with change in governments.

Presence of Anti India elements in Pakistan caused a lot of coup including the ousts of NS in 1999.
But we dont even herad about such an issue in India.Army cant even come nearer to the foteign policy decision.

Ah that was because of the delay in the adoption of the Constitution, was it not? :) It was actually neither secular nor islamic. It did tilt toward the Islamic (Objective Resolution). Please correct me if I am wrong.
Quaid e azam envisioned a secular nation, thus it started out a secular nation.

Sweet dreams but again everyone has the right to dream.

India needs to understand that without kashmir solution we wont move an inch forward. Its like two people have a house dispute and one person is suggesting that well lets just not talk about the house but we can talk about other issues lol. What you think rationality says in this case, will the other person agree? Definitely not. India can continue not to talk about kashmir but remember my indian friends it may cost destruction of both countries and many lives lost may it be today, tomorrow or 10 years from now.

A one liner ? :lol:

The only leverage you have is terrorism.

We plan to counter it by strengthening homeland security. What else you got ? Nothing.

One pin prick and your whole balloon will burst.

I dont generalize entire Pakistani Society.But the elements having quite Anti India attitude can bend any peace process.Either by terrorism attack or by any other methods.
We know in India peoples like them exist but they are tiny fraction not a matter for our policy makers.
Our foreign policy is under the control eminent bureacrats and think tanks .Like our Foreign Minister said our foreign policy cant change in according with change in governments.

Presence of Anti India elements in Pakistan caused a lot of coup including the ousts of NS in 1999.
But we dont even herad about such an issue in India.Army cant even come nearer to the foteign policy decision.
The coups had little to do with anti-Indian feelings, and the 1999 coup had more to do with Musharraf's grudge against NS rather than any anti-India feelings.

IF this was 3 year ago, I may have agreed that the PA is pretty much in control of Pakistan's foreign policy, but that has dramatically changed since last year's elections. The civilian government, for the first time in Pakistani history, has taken over most of Pakistan's foreign policy, including a good chunk of the India policy.

Back
Top Bottom