What's new

Light weight tanks for Pakistan Army

Indians have already lost many tanks along the LOC, not a favorable terrain for tanks anyway since tanks cannot make good use of their long ranges guns, along with elevation and depression problems.
What do you mean by lost many tanks on the LOC? How?

Over a period, little more than couple of years, through our ATGM fire.

Over a period, little more than couple of years, through our ATGM fire.

Wow alhamdulillah I never thought they would be that dumb to deploy armour along the loc.

You mentioned that there is a video of it in that post. Do you have it or know where I can find it?

Wow alhamdulillah I never thought they would be that dumb to deploy armour along the loc.

You mentioned that there is a video of it in that post. Do you have it or know where I can find it?
It's not there in the open yet... But I did post some screenshots of it here somewhere.

1623513786546.png

Turkey-Indonesia 35T Medium Tank
1623513875573.png

PL 15

World coming back to light tanks after ignoring them for 3 to 4 decades

We could develop a new tracked IFV similar to the Polish Anders, e.g.

View attachment 751735

...and then develop a light tank using the IFV as the chassis, e.g.,

View attachment 751736

I just thought I throw this out there before we lose all hope and nihilistically expect the PA to buy VT5 from China, or mothballed T-59s from Cambodia.

or do what we do best and rename the m113.

A Pakistani version based on vt5 to replace az could be an option
We will not be replacing AZs anytime soon. Also why replace an MBT with a light tanks? Another thing is that AZs of 6th armd div are being replaced by VT4s....

Also t72b3 2016 replacement for AZ
We are already buying VT4 to replace AZs. Also Why should we procure another new system especially the one which has reached the limit of its life and can't be upgraded further. Even the Russians are hesitant to upgrade their already existing t72s because the costs would be too high while it will become outdated at the same time especially when seen according to the European theatre.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom