What's new

Light, love and prayers: Celebrating Diwali in Pakistan

No sari .. well because although they are Hindu but most importantly they are Pakistani .. sari is optional for our women not our national dress for women hope this clears it up Happy Diwali .
Yeah. Sari is optional in India as well. It depends from place to place. Though more common in India.

Good dair aye durust aye
@nair @scorpionx @gubbi @LaBong @Aminroop

I hope the rest of India learns some lessons.

Good dair aye durust aye
It is a fact. Hindus remain powerless where Muslims rule. I am under no illusions of my fate.

Unless of course the Hindu population leaves restraint and flushes humanity down the toilet. There are some pockets of Hindu/Sikh in Muslim majority areas in India where Muslims won't dare enter and do mischief.

Yeah. Sari is optional in India as well. It depends from place to place. Though more common in India.

It is a fact. Hindus remain powerless where Muslims rule. I am under no illusions of my fate.

Unless of course the Hindu population leaves restraint and flushes humanity down the toilet. There are some pockets of Hindu/Sikh in Muslim majority areas in India where Muslims won't dare enter and do mischief.

Regarding bold part, its not correct, Hindus are in good numbers in Sindh and also have good control on businesses which allow them good influence too, I have Hindu colleagues (officer level) which also acknowledge that.

Regarding bold part, its not correct, Hindus are in good numbers in Sindh and also have good control on businesses which allow them good influence too, I have Hindu colleagues (officer level) which also acknowledge that.
Sorry. I am talking about India. I am not aware of Pakistan to be honest. And I don't wish to interfere.

The post was not meant for Pakistanis to understand. I was drawing parallels with Hindus in Hindu endangered areas in India. That is all.
So you mean to say Hinduism has no diversity and everyone has to be a clone? I thought you said it was diverse and I remember one of your indian members preaching me that Hindu can be anything there is nothing similar everyone has their own god their own this ....it is the most diverse and here you are picking petty things :(

So sad!

Happy Diwali to you by the way. :tup: May Goddess Laxmi bless you with good fortune and prosperity. :)
Thank you and same to you! I played with fire and candle this Diwali....After the indian students were done ...We each got a candle and we poured the wax on our hands let it cool to see wat random shapes we got like reading tea leaves :p:

Was fun :D

Dandya is NOT played only by Gujaratis. And the bindi and tika is worn by all Hindus during festivals. In copious amounts. With a long streak from forehead to the head. When you don't know about something why poke your nose?
No not true. Bindi and Tika aren't common in all places. Below are two pictures from two different states, as you can see the mood, attire, celebration hugely differ from one another.

mahaastami_jpg_1192276f.jpg

1103-10-2014-12-45-99F.jpg

I agree to your sentiment that if I were to live in Kashmir, I'd probably try to be discrete as well. However I fail to understand what you'd want me to learn from Kashmiri Muslims treatment of Kashmiri Hindus?

These people's pictures were posted online.

I would only hope the Muslims in Pakistan don't target them now for it.

No not true. Bindi and Tika aren't common in all places. Below are two pictures from two different states, as you can see the mood, attire, celebration hugely differ from one another.

mahaastami_jpg_1192276f.jpg

1103-10-2014-12-45-99F.jpg

I agree to your sentiment that if I were to live in Kashmir, I'd probably try to be discrete as well. However I fail to understand what you'd want me to learn from Kashmiri Muslims treatment of Kashmiri Hindus?
Observation.

Tika and bindi is hardly used with Western attire.

Everywhere I have been in, North, South and west, Bindi and Tikka are used in all the celebrations.

Observation.

Tika and bindi is hardly used with Western attire.

Everywhere I have been in, North, South and west, Bindi and Tikka are used in all the celebrations.
It's not used in Bengal at least. I mean people wear bindis, but mostly married women both hindu and muslim, tikas are very rare.

Hain? Guess which Puja that is?

View attachment 271503
That's not Bindi, that's call Sindoor khela, where married women apply vermilion on goddess's feet and forehead and then apply to each other. Please stop lecturing me on my own culture.

What's with the new found obsession of proving Indian culture as homogeneous?

That's not Bindi, that's call Sindoor khela, where married women apply vermilion on goddess's feet and forehead and then apply to each other. Please stop lecturing me on my own culture.

What's with the new found obsession of proving Indian culture as homogeneous?
:lol:

Oh man, I didn't know you were so obsessed with seeing your culture so much apart.

456334534.jpg
bengali-women-watching-immersion-goddess-durga-durgal-holy-river-ganga-babughat-47097102.jpg

Clearly there is no Bindi and tikka here :P, call it what you want and how you have called it. In down south, specifically in Telugu its called "Bottu". And I don't even want to post the picture of Godess Durga here :D

Good luck with your obsessions though :tup:

its called trolling ....He just writes BS hoping to fuel anger on someone....Its also called full of hatred spewing hatred!

Back
Top Bottom