What's new

Lieutenant General, who led Operation Blue Star, attacked in London

I don't know about your Kashmiris but ours are pretty hardy people, if they are giving you a problem, perhaps you should just........hold that referendum?
Whoever wins, at least it will allow us to move on...........

Whose condition s include removal of both IA & PA units from Kashmir and also don't forget the demographic change in Pakistani Kashmir when compared to Indian one.

Whose condition s include removal of both IA & PA units from Kashmir and also don't forget the demographic change in Pakistani Kashmir when compared to Indian one.

There is a demographic change in J&K too!

I don't mean to derail the thread so let's end it here, however I will answer your post before stopping:

1) The withdrawal is acceptable, Pakistan already maintains UN Observer presence in Azad Kashmir.
2) Demographic make up of Azad Kashmir has remained constant because only a Kashmir born is allowed to hold property in Kashmir, if anything, people have migrated out of Kashmir instead of migrating in.

Ya its true...but you know why?

Because you are not muslim...you wont go and join pakistan to destroy india thatswhy...you wont start a holy war and bomb every city in India and name the operation as BAD or something else.You people have moved on and faught for india so no one cares...

Look at kashmiris...they are a burden on everyone...yet the govt will fill their stomach with cash.

Really pathetic.

P-S--I am not a sikh.

It's true a major issue is that the Sikhs have moved on, they have not forgotten of course but they have chosen to join the mainstream and contribute the nation that is theirs as much as anyone else. Wrt the Muslim/Kashmir issue, I can't say much but I will say that this is the trend all over the world- certain minorites being catered to because they are feared by the Govt. Here in the UK Muslims are one of the smallest minorties but the perks they get and the privlages they are allowed to have is disproportional and inconsistent to how other minorities are treated. On a micro level I can tell you that where I live the Sikh community were looking to set up a new Gurdwara as their old one was built in the 70s and was showing its age but plans for a new Gurdwara well outside the town (as the council refused to give planning permission for it inside the town) were denied but on the other hand the Muslim commuinity was allowed to to erest a huge, and I mean HUGE imposing Mosque in (pretty much) the centre of the town with a huge golden dome and minorettes and calls to prayer on the loud spekers- no problem. And this is happening all over the world and the Sikhs and Hindus who have assimilated into the nations and make little fuss are constanlty overlooked for the more vocal Muslims.

This just isn't right. Pandering to minorites like this is just a recipe for disaster.

There is a demographic change in J&K too!

Yes..Hindus kicked out, but on paper they are still Kashmiris when compared to Pakistani Kashmir where people from other parts of the country was allowed to migrate and settle down there.

ok sir....i gave my view n its truth...

I am forced to say that india have always killed its minorities.But i try to hide it under patriotism and think that every thing will get alrite smday....

Firstly, minorities is a relative term. In the national context the sikh numbers may be minor but in the Punjab they are not. The same applies to Muslims too.

Next, it is sheer stupidity to challenge the state and not expect firm & decisive retaliation from the state - thats what happened.

clearly not every one has other wise this guy wouldn't be needing security 24/7 even in India.

Oh, please!

Try not to comment on things that you obviously do not understand and are using only to make a sly dig at a country you would like to see doing badly.

My father got protection for forty years after his service ended, and threats came in until the last five years. Not just Brar but all the other general officers involved got protection after General Vaidya was assassinated.

I don't want to play the tu quoque game, otherwise I'd have asked you what happened to the top man who ordered the Lal Masjid cleaned up.

Yes..Hindus kicked out, but on paper they are still Kashmiris when compared to Pakistani Kashmir where people from other parts of the country was allowed to migrate and settle down there.

I have already written above that only Kashmir born are allowed to own property in Kashmir, it's impossible for a regular Pakistani to settle down in Azad Kashmir.

I am sure that what you say refers to the officers only.

Enlistments are carefully planned to be evenly distributed throughout the country.

Sikhs being just 2% of the population represent 15-20% in the Indian Army unlike Muslims who even after being 15% or so only represent 2 % and that too thanks to Jammu and Kasmir light Infantry and Jammu and Kashmir Rifles.

No harm in giving respect where it is due..afterall we are not paid by Indian govt and can have our own opinion.

ok sir....i gave my view n its truth...

I am forced to say that india have always killed its minorities.But i try to hide it under patriotism and think that every thing will get alrite smday....

In 84 somethings went wrong i agree...in 2002 what do u expect when you burn so many hindus??...in 2008 the missionaries are to be blamed.

Lets keep this to 84 only.

I dont agree with you that sikhs were demanding khalistan.Even bhindrawalle never favored khalistan.Once he asked that will u favor it? he said no...

But indira created whole mess and got the bullets inside her a$$..and m proud on it...

and later on groups of sikhs were declared terrorist who were created by indira earlier to sort out political mess..

i dont agree on khalistan etc and m indian first...but the justice india gave to sikhs is more than wound which will never get healed..and it has raised the voice of separate country inside india and outside india..

Our media dont show the rallies take place in west agaisnt indian govt and ppl dont get to know abt it too...and still those who killed sikhs are roaming free and many among us like manmoron singh n others are licking the a## of gandhis..

and when UN asked india abt the murders of sikhs and india sent the manmoron singh to save its a##....

It is clear that you have no idea of how Bhindranwale damaged both the Punjab and India. He ran a parallel regime. People were killed at will, in the street, in their offices, in their homes. You could not talk about the terrorists, you could not write about them, you could not report them to the police, you could not testify against them without being killed. Not beaten up, not threatened, just straight killed.

The wounds were inflicted by him, and the crowd of extremists who sprang up, well funded and armed, after he was cornered and killed.

Concentrate on your own people,Will you?

Yourr security forces are no saint either.

Who are you to tell me what should i say or otherwise.

Jarnail tumhara. Sikh log tum logon ne maaray. Khabar Sikhon ke baaray mein thi.

I commented. Whats your problem with it. This is an open forum.

I don't mean to derail the thread so let's end it here, however I will answer your post before stopping:

1) The withdrawal is acceptable, Pakistan already maintains UN Observer presence in Azad Kashmir.
2) Demographic make up of Azad Kashmir has remained constant because only a Kashmir born is allowed to hold property in Kashmir, if anything, people have migrated out of Kashmir instead of migrating in.

I think the referendum is also applicable to the whole of Kashmir including Gilgit Baltistan and I heard Pathans were settled there inorder to put down the revolts by the natives there.

Anyways I already said this in another thread and I would say it again...I as a South Indian would not have cared if Kashmir was occupied by Pakistani forces in 1947, but you instead employed rag tag militias who were more interested in looting and raping rather than invading and holding..now after 65 years when a lot of blood from all over the country was shed there, it an emotional issue for all of us Indians. So there is no scope of referendum in any distant future. So next time when you want to invade India use regular disciplined troops, it saves the heart burn later and also try to get the whole lot in one go or never try.

I have already written above that only Kashmir born are allowed to own property in Kashmir, it's impossible for a regular Pakistani to settle down in Azad Kashmir.

Ah Really? Why not regular Pakistanis allowed to own property in Azad kashmir? Are kashmiris allowed to own property elsewhere in Pakistan?

Operation Blue Star brought an end to Pakistan fed Khalistan movement....some Khalistanis are obviously sour on that... let them do whatever they can....Khalistan is now a Khali Sthaan(Empty Space).

Ye bharrakti aag aisay nahin bujh jati.

It's true a major issue is that the Sikhs have moved on, they have not forgotten of course but they have chosen to join the mainstream and contribute the nation that is theirs as much as anyone else. Wrt the Muslim/Kashmir issue, I can't say much but I will say that this is the trend all over the world- certain minorites being catered to because they are feared by the Govt. Here in the UK Muslims are one of the smallest minorties but the perks they get and the privlages they are allowed to have is disproportional and inconsistent to how other minorities are treated. On a micro level I can tell you that where I live the Sikh community were looking to set up a new Gurdwara as their old one was built in the 70s and was showing its age but plans for a new Gurdwara well outside the town (as the council refused to give planning permission for it inside the town) were denied but on the other hand the Muslim commuinity was allowed to to erest a huge, and I mean HUGE imposing Mosque in (pretty much) the centre of the town with a huge golden dome and minorettes and calls to prayer on the loud spekers- no problem. And this is happening all over the world and the Sikhs and Hindus who have assimilated into the nations and make little fuss are constanlty overlooked for the more vocal Muslims.

This just isn't right. Pandering to minorites like this is just a recipe for disaster.

Dude its just sad.The other day i was watching videos in youtube when i found this.I know Punjabi so i could understand and saw a few more.I really feel sad for what has happened.If i had things in my hand i would have done something about it.

I am a very simple person..I respect those who respect the nation those who are always invovled in the wrong doings dont earn my respect and thatswhy i feel sad to see the patriortism of sikhs and what happened in 84.In kashmir the Army is very careful while conducting operations...same could have been done in 84 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom