What's new

Libyan rebels cage black Africans in zoo, force feed them flags

I showed this to some American friends of mine, and they said that it was Gaddafi's fault, because he "psychologically damaged" the rebels and caused them to be cruel.

Most Americans watch too much TV and are mentally brainwashed....the stuff they can come up with is funny.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

AFP: Libya ex-rebels guilty of war crimes, reprisals : UN

Libyan forces who battled Moamer Kadhafi's troops in 2011 committed war crimes and are still targeting alleged backers of the dead dictator and minority groups, a draft United Nations report published on Friday said.

In its second report, the International Commission of Inquiry on Libya concluded that "thuwar (anti-Kadhafi forces) committed serious violations, including war crimes and breaches of international human rights law" in 2011.

Most Americans watch too much TV and are mentally brainwashed....the stuff they can come up with is funny.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

AFP: Libya ex-rebels guilty of war crimes, reprisals : UN

Libyan forces who battled Moamer Kadhafi's troops in 2011 committed war crimes and are still targeting alleged backers of the dead dictator and minority groups, a draft United Nations report published on Friday said.

In its second report, the International Commission of Inquiry on Libya concluded that "thuwar (anti-Kadhafi forces) committed serious violations, including war crimes and breaches of international human rights law" in 2011.

If you go to the U.S, none of the local channels there tell you the truth about International news. Its pretty much random and most of the time, they will have U.S soldier death condolences in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In local news, either you hear someone in Wisconsin loosing a dog, a black guy troubling white people in New York, Mexican mafias in Texas, or Obama's achievements in Basketball...:rofl:

Haha, we're well aware of that. Forget Fox; CNN and MSNBC all take on very hawkish positions when it comes to foreign affairs. Same with BBC.

I think Al Jareeza is the best mainstream news channel. It's almost completely objective - no strong bias in any direction.

Haha, we're well aware of that. Forget Fox; CNN and MSNBC all take on very hawkish positions when it comes to foreign affairs. Same with BBC.

I think Al Jareeza is the best mainstream news channel. It's almost completely objective - no strong bias in any direction.

Aljazeera is the worse channel ever.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. Al Jazeera was the number one propaganda tool for the Libyan rebels. Heck, even the Western media wasn't as bad as Al Jazeera when it came to covering Libya. And now we're seeing the same thing in Syria.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. Al Jazeera was the number one propaganda tool for the Libyan rebels. Heck, even the Western media wasn't as bad as Al Jazeera when it came to covering Libya. And now we're seeing the same thing in Syria.
One has to watch 2/3 channels to make sense of it.
Al Jazeera has good alternative style and view, I watch it along with BBC.
All channels are biased al jazeera is among better ones.

Qaddafi had nothing to do with IRA..it was all made up story to justify Britain's involvement in Libyan conflict...
Scotland was the part of Britain which directly suffered due to Qaddafi (allegedly) in the lockerby bombing case..But they were the ones who released the alleged terrorist and made peace with Libya..
Cameroon was uptight enough not to accept that and condemned the Scottish move..The result is that the Scots are so fed up being pushed around that they are now demanding independence and surely in 2014 they will be a seperate country.

I am going back in the 80's and the 90's. There was a connection between gaddafi and the IRA. I know he supported their cause, however, I am not sure if that involved military or financial assistance.

Lockerbie is a different ball game altogether.

Basically West got once in a 40 year opportunity to get rid off Gaddafi, they will go for it under any pretense.

this video and behavior of the future of Libya is clearly outrageous. Where are the French, British and Americans now? - It is so so wrong to do this to countries and leave them decimated - truly deplorable.

Don't blame the West for everything that goes wrong in the Muslim world. Why should they care? It's in their interest to maintain stability only when they have a stake in the country's resources.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Al Jazeera is the best and most entertaining. :tup:

Well, I mentioned Al Jareeza because it's an Arab channel, but it didn't seem to have an anti-West slant. I thought that was quite amazing.

They are living in Post-War situations. Post-WW2 Germany. Post-WW2 Russia. Post-WW2-France. Post-WW2 Italy were even much worse than this.

War rocks the very foundations of the country it will take years for the damage to subside. Yes Libya right NOW is in Chaos and not surprisingly at all either in fact. As I Said this is post War situations and there are 2 weapons for every person in Libya right now so they have a lot of cleaning up to do. This is not racism this is just someone who is angry that this particular group of people held a gun against him and tried to kill him same as how US soldiers would eat an Arab alive if they see one because they were in Iraq. To a certain extent yes you can call this racism but this is just post-war situation. And what is coming hopefully will be better for Libya and Libyans in General.

Hell Gaddafi's son opened fire on an opposing football team fans because they cheered for the team against him. Libya was dictator heaven. You can say what you want but the people who fought and bled for "Freedom" Wouldn't settle for anything less than "Freedom" you guys can believe whatever propaganda you want but I interact with Libyans and go to their forums and sites and chat with them I know what is going on in there and what happened. There are betrayal stories, there are deaths of relatives stories, there are mass execution stories. There are rebels fighting rebels on tribal issues stories I read them all. All I can do is have hope that the people of Libya who fought for their revolution and lost blood sweat and tears and loved ones in it will not have anything other than "Freedom".

Mosa - with respect you miss the point.

Gaddaffi was okay a couple of years ago to be dealing on the international field according to the west. They loved dealing with him and sending their own prisoners to him for his regime to question then on their behalf. The colour of his money was okay to invest in the UK and France. Suddenly it wasnt in their interests and due to the unrest in the middle east - the west decided "lets back the rebels and get rid of the tyrant" leading to the present situation.

I by no means am suggesting Gaddaffi was an angel - yet dont you see the hypocrisy? One day he was a great guy - a guy to be seen shaking hands with like Blair etc - the next its not and they universally believe they must exterminate him. To have the present situation is deplorable situation created by the west to hide their own 2 faces.

BTW It was quite convenient to have him killed as well because the sheer embarrassment of putting him on trial would have put them to shame. Think about it. Only 4 months before the uprising in Libya - the UK were sending people to the Libyan regime to torture and question - now if he was so bad why were they doing this?

They are living in Post-War situations. Post-WW2 Germany. Post-WW2 Russia. Post-WW2-France. Post-WW2 Italy were even much worse than this.

so its ok to start wars on fake pretext, like West and Arabs did in many countries, including Libya?

This is not racism this is just someone who is angry that this particular group of people held a gun against him and tried to kill him

What you dont know, Al Qaeda and others HATED that Gaddafi gave black immigrants same rights as to Libyans. You can see it in West "civilized" countries too, where immigrants are often seen as inferior people, hate crimes happen too. Now multiply that by many times and you will understand why Al Qaeda and similar fanatics hate black people so much in Libya.

That hate have nothing to do with "particular group of people held a gun against him and tried to kill him", thats propaganda by the "rebels", there wasnt provided even a single fact of "African mercenaries". It was just a cover story for ethnic cleansing, and its confirmed by human rights organizations too.

And what is coming hopefully will be better for Libya and Libyans in General.

Dont think so, Libya under Gaddafi's rule from the poorest became the most prosperous country in the Africa, with living conditions and social security even better than in some Western countries, Libyans even had less poverty than Americans! Free education, free medicine, etc.

Gaddafi even opened accounts for all Libyans so they would get a share of oil money. Now what would happen under whatever puppet West puts there? No more oil money for people (it will go to corporations pockets), no free education, no free medicine, no free housing, no free electricity, etc.

Good luck with better living under Al qaeda or others. Libyans massively supported Gaddafi, they dont support NTC.

Are you sure they were not from neighbouring countries? I remember seeing in news that they came from outside

Some of blacks were immigrants, because Libya offered much better working conditions and rights than anywhere in the Africa. Same as Indians flooding Western countries. Does it mean Indian emigrants can be killed too, just like blacks are being killed in Libya?

regimes dont run desalination plants; trained individuals do

question is, will NTC and its factions have the requisite skills needed to lead and to govern?

If not the West can prop up the NTC with their own skilled advisers and technocrats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom