What's new

Libyan armed forces pictures and videos

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
AN ex-Irish Navy ship has a new owner — a Libyan commander who helped to topple Colonel Gaddafi.

The Government was slammed after it emerged the LE Aisling is now under the control of General Khalifa Haftar.

The LE Aisling is now under the control of a Libyan army boss
The Department of Defence was heavily censured last year when they sold the vessel for a bargain €110,000.

This criticism further intensified when it was later revealed the ship contained €16,000 worth of fuel that wasn’t factored in before the auction.

The Irish boat, which clocked up more than 650,000 nautical miles while in service with the Navy, was eventually bought from the Dept of Defence by Dutchman Dick van der Kamp.

This private buyer then put it up for sale again — this time with a price tag of €685,000.

AFP or licensors
General Khalifa Haftar
It’s not clear who then bought the Aisling from Van der Kamp but it has since been delivered to the Libyan National Army, under the command of General Haftar.

The 75-year-old military chief was formerly a Gaddafi ally but returned to Libya in 2011, after years in the US, to join the NATO offensive that toppled him.

Aengus O Snodaigh TD told the Irish Sun: “This is bizarre, especially given the fact you’ve the Irish Navy operating in near Libyan waters and you could have a situation where one of their former boats could be facing them.

“The price it was sold for was miniscule considering the size. And we said it at the time, there were three ships being sold and they weren’t the most efficient but they could have been used for training.

“They also could have been something interesting for the maritime museum here because of their historical significance. These are boats that were made in Ireland down in Cork.”

Before it was sold you can see the 40mm Bofor autocannon as well as some unseen 20mm, and 7.62mm machine guns.
LeAislingShipMay2017pic1_large.jpg

The LE Aisling was decommissioned by the Irish navy in 2016 and all weaponry was removed from the vessel before it was sold on.

From the above article it mentioned that the vessel is unarmed. Here is what I propose, add-
  • Two ZSU-23-2 Autocannons with one being in the bow where the 40mm Bofors was, and one being in the stern for engaging enemy vessels, and aircraft.
    1024px-Zu-23_30_M1-3_-_InnovationDay2013part1-40.jpg
  • Four PKMs mounted with two on each side for engaging enemy aircraft, and vessels.
    pkms_1.jpg
  • FN-6 MANPADS that can be easily used if enemy aircraft are spotted.
    Namibia_to_buy_Chinese_FN_6_MANPADS_surface_to_air_missile.jpg
  • AT-14 Kornet launchers for engaging hardened structures, and targets where the ZU-23-2 will not suffice.

• kornet7.jpg

@Wilhelm II Do you agree with my weapons choices for the time-being brother?

AN ex-Irish Navy ship has a new owner — a Libyan commander who helped to topple Colonel Gaddafi.

The Government was slammed after it emerged the LE Aisling is now under the control of General Khalifa Haftar.

The LE Aisling is now under the control of a Libyan army boss
The Department of Defence was heavily censured last year when they sold the vessel for a bargain €110,000.

This criticism further intensified when it was later revealed the ship contained €16,000 worth of fuel that wasn’t factored in before the auction.

The Irish boat, which clocked up more than 650,000 nautical miles while in service with the Navy, was eventually bought from the Dept of Defence by Dutchman Dick van der Kamp.

This private buyer then put it up for sale again — this time with a price tag of €685,000.

AFP or licensors
General Khalifa Haftar
It’s not clear who then bought the Aisling from Van der Kamp but it has since been delivered to the Libyan National Army, under the command of General Haftar.

The 75-year-old military chief was formerly a Gaddafi ally but returned to Libya in 2011, after years in the US, to join the NATO offensive that toppled him.

Aengus O Snodaigh TD told the Irish Sun: “This is bizarre, especially given the fact you’ve the Irish Navy operating in near Libyan waters and you could have a situation where one of their former boats could be facing them.

“The price it was sold for was miniscule considering the size. And we said it at the time, there were three ships being sold and they weren’t the most efficient but they could have been used for training.

“They also could have been something interesting for the maritime museum here because of their historical significance. These are boats that were made in Ireland down in Cork.”

Before it was sold you can see the 40mm Bofor autocannon as well as some unseen 20mm, and 7.62mm machine guns.
LeAislingShipMay2017pic1_large.jpg

The LE Aisling was decommissioned by the Irish navy in 2016 and all weaponry was removed from the vessel before it was sold on.

From the above article it mentioned that the vessel is unarmed. Here is what I propose, add-
  • Two ZSU-23-2 Autocannons with one being in the bow where the 40mm Bofors was, and one being in the stern for engaging enemy vessels, and aircraft.
    1024px-Zu-23_30_M1-3_-_InnovationDay2013part1-40.jpg
  • Four PKMs mounted with two on each side for engaging enemy aircraft, and vessels.
    pkms_1.jpg
  • FN-6 MANPADS that can be easily used if enemy aircraft are spotted.
    Namibia_to_buy_Chinese_FN_6_MANPADS_surface_to_air_missile.jpg
  • AT-14 Kornet launchers for engaging hardened structures, and targets where the ZU-23-2 will not suffice.

• kornet7.jpg

@Wilhelm II Do you agree with my weapons choices for the time-being brother?
Yes I love kornet. Manpads is like what Egypt do for mistrals and a UAE project with gun good choices but I feel it need a heavier weapon. Libya and Syria is birthplace of some perfect ideas like tank turret on pick up or short range missiles on vehicles. Enemy have better navy than haftar forces
Maybe I'm in mistake but I think they need a thing like light torpedoes but I don't know how they want fix it on that

Yes I love kornet. Manpads is like what Egypt do for mistrals and a UAE project with gun good choices but I feel it need a heavier weapon. Libya and Syria is birthplace of some perfect ideas like tank turret on pick up or short range missiles on vehicles. Enemy have better navy than haftar forces
Maybe I'm in mistake but I think they need a thing like light torpedoes but I don't know how they want fix it on that
Which enemy has better navy? Turkey will not dare attack LNA navy due to France, Italy, US, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia getting angry at UN. France, US, and Russia are all UNSC members that won't hesitate to censure Turkey.
GNA has only mine-sweeper since frigate is trapped in Malta so GNA navy should be taken out by LNA air force and than LNA ships should go to Tripoli shores and attack city. Artillery, Mortar, or MLRS system could be added to ship also for attacking.

Brother which heavier weapon is good? I will try to find some heavy weapons in use in Libya today.

How about this D-30 artillery?
1024px-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0_%D0%94-30_122%D0%BC%D0%BC.jpg

Which enemy has better navy? Turkey will not dare attack LNA navy due to France, Italy, US, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia getting angry at UN. France, US, and Russia are all UNSC members that won't hesitate to censure Turkey.
GNA has only mine-sweeper since frigate is trapped in Malta so GNA navy should be taken out by LNA air force and than LNA ships should go to Tripoli shores and attack city. Artillery, Mortar, or MLRS system could be added to ship also for attacking.

Brother which heavier weapon is good? I will try to find some heavy weapons in use in Libya today.

How about this D-30 artillery?
1024px-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0_%D0%94-30_122%D0%BC%D0%BC.jpg
I mean gna navy. I read about that in Wikipedia years ago:partay:
No that is so heavy ships can place weapons by their weight. Light ships few weapons heavy ships what you want like frigates Vs corvettes
Libyans all them were sold many of ghaddafi era weapons that they need them now I think they can use air to ground or anti ship missiles on that

I forget: light air to ground missiles and anti ship missiles

I mean gna navy. I read about that in Wikipedia years ago:partay:
No that is so heavy ships can place weapons by their weight. Light ships few weapons heavy ships what you want like frigates Vs corvettes
Libyans all them were sold many of ghaddafi era weapons that they need them now I think they can use air to ground or anti ship missiles on that
GNA has no navy now lol. US blocked them from getting their frigate back so they have only 1 ship that is smaller than LNA ship with no missile armament, only guns. UAE drones or LNA planes can destroy the ship if they like easily.
I'm not sure how easy anti-ship missiles are to integrate on vessels due to software, and avionics but it might be able to be done.
Do you have any specifics for air-to-ground missiles or anti-ship missiles?

GNA has no navy now lol. US blocked them from getting their frigate back so they have only 1 ship that is smaller than LNA ship with no missile armament, only guns. UAE drones or LNA planes can destroy the ship if they like easily.
I'm not sure how easy anti-ship missiles are to integrate on vessels due to software, and avionics but it might be able to be done.
Do you have any specifics for air-to-ground missiles or anti-ship missiles?
Really no at this moment I don't remember now
But I mean Ukrainian want use Alamo missiles as air defence system in project with Poland houthis do that in Yemen I know they do that by Iranian helps but Libyans can fix what I say on this ship
If gna haven't nice navy not need to this weapons your choices are enough for patroling and help forces in coastal conflicts

I told you they have good engineers step by step they can learn more and fly all of them in full capable
They should start using drones more. Not enough accurate sorties targeting GNA positions in Libya. Some sort of identification system should be worn to avoid friendly fire, and guided bombs or ATGMs should be launched.
As far as what could be an identification system for friendly forces I do not know.

Also, LNA pilots are making mistakes by flying so low so they get shot down a lot. I really think they should fly above MANPADS height to avoid Stinger, and Strela MANPADS.

They should start using drones more. Not enough accurate sorties targeting GNA positions in Libya. Some sort of identification system should be worn to avoid friendly fire, and guided bombs or ATGMs should be launched.
As far as what could be an identification system for friendly forces I do not know.

Also, LNA pilots are making mistakes by flying so low so they get shot down a lot. I really think they should fly above MANPADS height to avoid Stinger, and Strela MANPADS.
Lna have also at802s donated by UAE
Small UAVs with grenade?

Lna have also at802s donated by UAE
Small UAVs with grenade?
Small UAV with grenade doesn't do enough damage. I say put infrared patch or identify feature on LNA vehicles and soldiers and launch ATGMs or Guided bombs (130 kg) on targets. This could kill a large number of soldiers very quickly and enable quick pushes into territory where many combatants are dead. Also, top generals should be targeted to cut the head off the snake

The Wing Loong carries guided-bombs. UAE and Egypt should try to bring more and buy some for Libya and set up base.
web355-wing-loong-ii-at-paris.jpg

Are you sure they have AT-802s? I thought UAE was operating the AT-802 in their favor not that LNA had the aircraft.

If GNA gets any advanced jets(unlikely) or gets drones they will be shot down.
DcpvS77WkAAPn7k.jpg

DcpvTXbWkAAwwMg.jpg

Identification for LNA soldiers in Libya.

Notice blue magazine, and blue armband.
D7irgSBXYAEMROg.jpg

Small UAV with grenade doesn't do enough damage. I say put infrared patch or identify feature on LNA vehicles and soldiers and launch ATGMs or Guided bombs (130 kg) on targets. This could kill a large number of soldiers very quickly and enable quick pushes into territory where many combatants are dead. Also, top generals should be targeted to cut the head off the snake

The Wing Loong carries guided-bombs. UAE and Egypt should try to bring more and buy some for Libya and set up base.
web355-wing-loong-ii-at-paris.jpg

Are you sure they have AT-802s? I thought UAE was operating the AT-802 in their favor not that LNA had the aircraft.

If GNA gets any advanced jets(unlikely) or gets drones they will be shot down.
DcpvS77WkAAPn7k.jpg

DcpvTXbWkAAwwMg.jpg

Identification for LNA soldiers in Libya.

Notice blue magazine, and blue armband.
D7irgSBXYAEMROg.jpg
I read that in airforces monthly magazine before
It's hard to buy weapons for lna because gna is accepted by UN black market is big but haven't anything. Small drones with grenade are useable for low number soldiers or so useable for ammo depot. Remember Syrian depot in stadium that daesh target it by a grenade

Last edited:
I read that in airforces monthly magazine before
It's hard to buy weapons for lna because gna is accepted by UN black market is big but haven't anything. Small drones with grenade are useable for low number soldiers or so useable for ammo depot. Remember Syrian depot in stadium that daesh target it by a grenade
It is hard to get those weapons I agree. LNA got Mohajer-2 drones from Sudan so they could rig those with weapons probably.

Attach a string to the grenade under the wing and pull the pin.:laugh::laugh:

Mohajer-2_2014.jpg

T-72 being transported to front lines
D7lLgq4W4AEBA97.jpg

Technical with EE-9 turret mounted.
D7lLhEdXsAAOCeK.jpg

Badly damaged T-55 captured by LNA forces from GNA.

D7ghQElWwAA5HRf.jpg

D7ghPvZXoAI1MQU.jpg

LNA has killed terrorist responsible for 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed US ambassador to Libya.

D7hIL9DXkAESxdN.png:large

LNA fighter intercepts civilian aircraft violating no-fly zone over Libya with MIG-23.

Mi-24/Mi-35 patrol over Libya.

ok which side are u posting for the forces of the internatiannly recognized gov aka The forces of the fortified structure or the haftar forces

Back
Top Bottom