What's new

Lets Ban Geo | Complain to PEMRA against GEO/Jang group.

BcqASu9CcAAJpNk.jpg

Today's Jang/Geo Sunday magazine - The map shows even Azad Kashmir as an Indian land

Ban will hurt them financially thats the best point.

How many Pakistani will lose their jobs cause of this so called ''Ban'' not to mention loss of tax revenue to the GOP and who will compensate them You. wait a minute you dont even live in pakistan so how exactly are you effected by Geo and why ?

If you dont like what Geo is doing dont watch it and if that dont work open up a network like Geo and compete with them head on and let the people decide.

How many Pakistani will lose their jobs cause of this so called ''Ban'' not to mention loss of tax revenue to the GOP and who will compensate them You. wait a minute you dont even live in pakistan so how exactly are you effected by Geo and why ?

If you dont like what Geo is doing dont watch it and if that dont work open up a network like Geo and compete with them head on and let the people decide.

Geo hasnt paid a penny in tax since the channel got into existence, and its a private limited company. which means even if they lose the case in SC, they would still not pay a penny as it has limited liability, their accounts show no profit. So yes switch the channel, I say.

Done that! Geo is not a Pakistani channel. Its actually an Indian channel. Its the case with all the major channels in Pakistan - ARY and Express included.

We in foreign lands dont get to see much of Pakistan. The hourly news are full of despondent stories. Then they always end with some Bollywood stupid news.

We heard that journalism is a very noble profession. But the so called free media has exposed the real value of the journalists of the country - money. More you throw at them, the more they will talk for you.

who cares if it is immoral, our country almost went to war becuase this channel made a bullsh it story about kasab being from faridkot.
by pirating their products for example watching it on jadoo instead of having a subsciption ECT would also hurt them more.
Ab kasab ki story beech mein mat laao. I am seeing the same old Denial mode of pakistanis activated.

I'm sorry, I had to log in to show just how stupid this thread is.

@Aeronaut first of all, nice to talk again, but seriously? Why would you allow this thread to exist? You know clearly that this thread is going to lead to trolling and nothing more.

Anyone who thinks Geo should be banned is doing more harm to Pakistani media than good, in fact, it would harm national security to ban Geo, because it would give ammunition to NGOs and India against Pakistan.

Just because people don't agree with the way Geo present Pakistani and global events, doesn't mean Geo should be silenced. Anyone who says Geo should be banned has the same mindsets are that of dictators and tyrants.

Also, if anyone honestly thinks that Geo will get banned because of this extremely meaningless thread, then they're delusional at best.

Geo has problems, yes, they get things wrong, yes, but tell me one thing? Which news agency in the world hasn't made mistakes? Hasn't reported things that turned out to be false? With the logic going on in this thread, news media as a whole should be abolished.

@Leader So they made a mistake, get over it. I remember when Indian media showed the JF-17 thunder in their naval brochure, I also remember when Pakistani naval brochure showed Indian warships, it was obvious that they pulled the image from google images. Do you honestly think Imran Khan would support any move to ban Geo? No, he'd be the first to speak against it. As much as I criticize IK, I know for a fact that he's always the first one to allow even his opponents to actually have a voice, instead of just shutting them up.

-Best regards.

I don't have much time to watch Pak channels but Lately I've been tilting more towards the ARY group channels.

I've found their programming and news content more balanced and Pakistani than this crap Geo.

One after another they have been letting me down with their constant coverage of Bollywood during their regular news reel.

That's because, like it or not, most Pakistanis prefer bollywood to Pakistani content. It's unfortunate, but Geo didn't get popular by advertising the little guy (lollywood), no, they went for the big guns (bollywood).

Last edited:
Everyone should know that GEO was established with help and funding of the Americans, CNN also played its part in putting this channel up and running. I have always been very suspicious of them from day one. If you look at the way Pakistan is portrayed by them is extremely Negative. They have NO positive report to Air !!!!

Ab kasab ki story beech mein mat laao. I am seeing the same old Denial mode of pakistanis activated.
who gives a **** about what you see.
your own government slaughtered your people like pigs and you don't even care enough to check and make sure they or not.

your own government slaughtered your people like pigs and you don't even care enough to check and make sure they or not.
And you expext us to believe in ur delusions? Ya you are right, on one side i have seen Pakistanis during 2008/09 defending Terrorism and Anti India groups in name of Kashmir and on other side find all reasons and conspiracy theories to save ***. Hypocrits.

Maybe just like you government slaughters innocent Kashmiris yea.....:azn:

Back
Top Bottom