What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

The power of U.S Navy surface ship :-)

now China plan for building 2/3 U.S Navy power, in China Navy there'r type054A, type052C/D, type055, type071, type07x, type056, type00x A.C. :coffee:

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

Ever read news said type99A MBT has the bursting diaphragm of ammo storage at back of turret, but not see photo yet. T-72's ammo storage & autoloader at bottom of the chassis, type99A as similar as most West MBT their ammo storage at back of the turret.:-)
View attachment 282215

There is Indonesian member, in indonesian military forum ask me about that matter.
Right know, I have the answer :-)

Thanks so much bro @cnleio

Sorry for late replay.This is my personal opinion,based on what i have seen and
read on the internet.
That ammo storage on Type 99A2 or T-90 is for extra ammo,main ammo is in autoloader,and on Abrams its
main storage and some in the hull.T-90MS example:
T-90MS_storage_box_ammunition_rear_of_the_hull_Russia_Russian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

VseCPEi.png

T72
screenshot-3901.png

M1 Abrams
screenshot-389.png

If autoloader is breach,and powder charge is ignited simultaneously turret will be blown off,but if any thank is hit from side of ammo storage it will cook off.
Example:
T-72 ammo cook off
Abrams cook off
Autoloader on T-72:
2A46M Autoloader: T-72 model
(Sorry for bad English)

Sorry for late replay.This is my personal opinion,based on what i have seen and
read on the internet.
That ammo storage on Type 99A2 or T-90 is for extra ammo,main ammo is in autoloader,and on Abrams its
main storage and some in the hull.T-90MS example:
T-90MS_storage_box_ammunition_rear_of_the_hull_Russia_Russian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

VseCPEi.png

T72
screenshot-3901.png

M1 Abrams
screenshot-389.png

If autoloader is breach,and powder charge is ignited simultaneously turret will be blown off,but if any thank is hit from side of ammo storage it will cook off.
Example:
T-72 ammo cook off
Abrams cook off
Autoloader on T-72:
2A46M Autoloader: T-72 model
(Sorry for bad English)
I just remember last year in 2014, ever read a official article introduce the type99A MBT designed ammo storage in back of turret, sorry too long time can't find where the article now. Yes the type99A MBT also install autoloader ... the article mentioned it but it's the new-designed for type99A different with original autoloader on type99/type96 MBT.

autoloader in type96 MBT
96 1.jpg

96 2.jpg

96 3.jpg

autoloader in type99 MBT
99 3.jpg

99 1.jpg

99 2.jpg

Anyways the autoloader is a complex component, although reduce ammo load time but still add some risk ... most West MBT without autoloader, they add one human loader to replace autoloader and put all ammo inside back of MBT's turret. Not a big deal for Russia or China tanks, just adding a new member for tank crew to remove the autoloader inside tank.
11385343fbf2b21160badb14cc8065380dd78ed0.jpg

Last edited:
Anyways the autoloader is a complex component, although reduce ammo load time but still add some risk ... most West MBT without autoloader, they add one human loader to replace autoloader and put all ammo inside back of MBT's turret. Not a big deal for Russia or China tanks, just adding a new member for tank crew to remove the autoloader inside tank.
View attachment 282339

Autoloader is the way to go for future MBT, French Leclerc,Korea K2, Japanese Type10 and newest M1A3 also introduce autoloader. Its a matter of time, Germany, British will also introduce autoloader.

Autoloader reduces the overall tank dimension and weight, meaning more areas allow the lighter weight MBT to go area or bridges that has restricted weight. It allow heavy gun to install in future (130mm or 140mm gun) since the heavier rds will prove to heavy for human loader to handle. Burn less fuel and allow more type of transport aircraft to carry ferry them area.

look at my nickname
Who are you ? I don't care ! If u wanna say something just post here.

Autoloader is the way to go for future MBT, French Leclerc,Korea K2, Japanese Type10 and newest M1A3 also introduce autoloader. Its a matter of time, Germany, British will also introduce autoloader.

Autoloader reduces the overall tank dimension and weight, meaning more areas allow the lighter weight MBT to go area or bridges that has restricted weight. It allow heavy gun to install in future (130mm or 140mm gun) since the heavier rds will prove to heavy for human loader to handle. Burn less fuel and allow more type of transport aircraft to carry ferry them area.
Autoloader is a double-edged sword ... kill enemy or blow u up ! For those 130mm or 140mm gun MBT,it's better install autoloader inside no choice.

PLAN Su-30mk2 fighters training

【中央主要媒体、新闻网站及新媒体近日集中宣传全军典型“海空雄鹰团”先进事迹】
历史上,“海空雄鹰团”曾被毛主席三次点将出征,1965年被国防部授予“海空雄鹰团”荣誉称号。新时期,该团官兵矢志强军目标、传承红色基因、锻造海上劲旅,向祖国和人民交出了合格答卷。
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

@cnleio @T-55 @Beast

I think, with the size of Type 99A2 Turret, it will make sense if Type 99A2 have ammo bustle in back of turret.

Autoloader in Main battle tanks is very good, most latest tank today use Autoloader System. Like Type 99A2, Type 10 MBT Japan, Lecrec France.
But, the Problem is. Some western media says Type99A2 have ammo storage in Hull. so, if war happen, and if it Penetrated by Enemy ammo. It will be easy to Blown up and cook of, like Syrian T-72. the conclusion is Type 99A2 MBT is Vulnerable. That's what, some western media say.

But, I believe Type 99A2 have Ammo bustle in back of his turret.
I am really glad and happy of that. cause that will make Type 99A2 MBT much more safer. :-)

Thanks.

Each year PLAAF held China Top Gun training, this year ACE pilots and winning team
2015年12月26日,戴着象征飞行员最高荣誉的“金头盔”,年轻的小伙子们浑身充满着力量

1.jpg

2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom