What's new

Leila Hatami: Student group calls for Iranian actress to be flogged following Cannes kiss

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Leila Hatami: Student group calls for Iranian actress to be flogged following Cannes kiss - People - News - The Independent

EiS62ow.jpg

An Iranian actress who angered religious authorities after she kissed the president of Cannes Film Festival on the cheek now faces a call that she be publicly flogged.

Leila Hatami, currently a juror at Cannes, was photographed giving Giles Jacob, 83, a peck on the cheek at a ceremonial event last week.

The actress was condemned by Islamic Republic officials for presenting “a bad image of Iranian women” to the world.

And on Wednesday, Hizbullah Students – a group of students with links to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard – called for Ms Hatami to be prosecuted, The Telegraph reported.

In the Iranian interpretation of sharia law, a woman is not allowed to have any physical contact with a man outside of her own family.

According to the Tasnim news website, the Hizbullah Students organisation has filed a complaint with the judiciary demanding that Ms Hatami be punished, the newspaper reported. The maximum sentence is 50 lashes.

Their request stated: “We, the undersigned, who are a group of student Muslim brothers and sisters, ask the cultural and media branch of the judiciary to prosecute Leyla Hatami for her sinful act of kissing a strange man in public, which according to article 638 of Islamic Criminal Justice carries a prison sentence.

“Furthermore, the action of this film star has hurt the religious sentiments of the proud and martyrs breeding nation of Iran and as such we also demand the punishment of flogging for her as stipulated in the law.”

guys you better fvcking back off .....

i've posted nothing but respect to indians brothers and sisters ..... but some are keen in crossing the red lines .

take care of the problems in your own country then come here and spew blah blah .

This is what happens when clerics rule the country.
for heck sure , women are being treated much better here than in india mate :)

i've posted nothing but respect to indians brothers and sisters ..... but some are keen in crossing the red lines .

take care of the problems in your own country then come here and spew blah blah .

Bro, I don't believe that these Indians have a problem with the morals or the moral authority of Iran. It's just that the flogging part is hard to digest

Bro, I don't believe that these Indians have a problem with the morals or the moral authority of Iran. It's just that the flogging part is hard to digest
its okey bro ..... as i said , according to constitution , she broke no law .

read the article :

some students asked her to be punished . and the auther himself adds : "she can be flogged for this"

which she cannot

Crimes happen everywhere. Rapes happen in your country as much as it happens in mine.

Crime doesn't know religion or whatever. What I am saying is, why is she going to be flogged for blowing a kiss?

It is not about education but about logic.

I admire Iran for being able to educate more women than men and even your men are very rational and balanced compared to the Arabs or their new gene pools, our hosts here.

But think from a national perspective; don't be a democracy like us, fine. Have your authority or governance model, but clerics? Why them?

You could have the same economic, military and governance structure under a civil government rule, under people who are educated in economics, sciences, social behaviour, eugenics etc.

But clerics? Why? What would they know?

she may consider defecting to hollywood , but bollywood ?

piissttt :D are u kidding me ? countries which spend one tenth as india make better movies ....

its okey bro ..... as i said , according to constitution , she broke no law .

read the article :

some students asked her to be punished . and the auther himself adds : "she can be flogged for this"

which she cannot

Yeah, I doubted that Iran would flog a woman that transgression. She should know better to upset her people whilst she was on a public stage anyways.

Bollywood is great my friend. Shah Rukh Khan, one of our leading actors is the world's 2nd wealthiest actors. He has trashed many Hollywood actors. Try watching a few movies. They have subtitles and the stories are usually hillarious even when it is meant to be a serious movie :D

Last edited:
Crimes happen everywhere. Rapes happen in your country as much as it happens in mine.

Crime doesn't know religion or whatever. What I am saying is, why is she going to be flogged for blowing a kiss?

It is not about education but about logic.

I admire Iran for being able to educate more women than men and even your men are very rational and balanced compared to the Arabs or their new gene pools, our hosts here.

But think from a national perspective; don't be a democracy like us, fine. Have your authority or governance model, but clerics? Why them?

You could have the same economic, military and governance structure under a civil government rule, under people who are educated in economics, sciences, social behaviour, eugenics etc.

But clerics? Why? What would they know?

I can find you two stories of weird India for every one story you bring for the entire Middle east, include Pakistan and Iran in it too. This is the one competition you will never win so its better not to go there

Back
Top Bottom