What's new

LCB during KASOTC 16

Pak LCB seems to do well and learn a lot especially competing with proper commandos.

I am surprised that the LCB of the NLI was unable to win this competition as they are hands down the most experience in actual combat of all the participating teams. InshAllah better luck next time.

I am surprised that the LCB of the NLI was unable to win this competition as they are hands down the most experience in actual combat of all the participating teams. InshAllah better luck next time.
If you want to win this compeition ...send a team which has qualified PACES ...and also you need to train them on the same line ...!

I guess not the tournament .. we did won one of the competition

View attachment 306545
That's just a souvenir of participation ...not a trophy ...LCB did not win any round ...though they did not crumble in any..!

If you want to win this compeition ...send a team which has qualified PACES ...and also you need to train them on the same line ...!

That's just a souvenir of participation ...not a trophy ...LCB did not win any round ...though they did not crumble in any..!
Do you know what number we came, and I believe we have quite an effective PACES program.

we do need some tweaks in our equipment like camo vest instead of black, better eye protection and headgear our helmet look too outdated and bulky .

The object of sending these teams wasn't wining anything .. LCBs are newly raised light commando battalions ... Unlike SSG they don't have much experience ..(although the SSG troops are embedded with them on operations)... The reason Pak keeps sending these guys abroad on milti national exercises is so that they could gain exposure & experience..

What is a ‘Light Commando’? Commandos are not supposed have heavy weapons any way.

I understood that all Commandos were essentially “Light Infantry”except that Commandos are experienced parachute jumpers & normally work behind the enemy lines. But both are equipped & trained to fight without heavy weaponry such as guns & mortars. If one is forming a quick reaction force using vertical insertion by helicopters or Osprey instead of jumping from parachute; then it would be light infantry.

Do you know what number we came, and I believe we have quite an effective PACES program.
Yes I know the details but can't share it as I had promised not to spread ...the position was not bad ...Here is what I tell you what my source shared with me:
1) Soldiers for such competition should be selected on the basis of their skills not on the plea that select someone who has seen maximum combat in the field. Those who see combat are rewarded in such ways. Even SSG could not grab a position because they had sent many 'Chachas' along with few young brats.
2) Overall best performers (all rounders) within the special units of the forces are most suitable for such a competition.
3) PACES position holders can make a difference as it KASOTC was too physical. Many soldiers from other countries even collapsed.
4) Pistol shooting training needs to be enhanced.
5) To hold a mock KASOTC is a must ...
I asked my source how could you hold a mock KASOTC in the absence of KASTOC-like facilities ...he said that PA has all these facilities but are scattered.
6) Some countries had more than 4 teams ...they had to grab a round or two...which is not fair.

we do need some tweaks in our equipment like camo vest instead of black, better eye protection and headgear our helmet look too outdated and bulky .
Yes ...At least not suitable for a competition ...for a combat may be !

Yes I know the details but can't share it as I had promised not to spread ...the position was not bad ...Here is what I tell you what my source shared with me:
1) Soldiers for such competition should be selected on the basis of their skills not on the plea that select someone who has seen maximum combat in the field. Those who see combat are rewarded in such ways. Even SSG could not grab a position because they had sent many 'Chachas' along with few young brats.
2) Overall best performers (all rounders) within the special units of the forces are most suitable for such a competition.
3) PACES position holders can make a difference as it KASOTC was too physical. Many soldiers from other countries even collapsed.
4) Pistol shooting training needs to be enhanced.
5) To hold a mock KASOTC is a must ...
I asked my source how could you hold a mock KASOTC in the absence of KASTOC-like facilities ...he said that PA has all these facilities but are scattered.
6) Some countries had more than 4 teams ...they had to grab a round or two...which is not fair.

Yes ...At least not suitable for a competition ...for a combat may be !
Thanks for the informative response @Sage , I was not aware that SSG was present, I thought only two teams from LCB represented us, I am surprised that they did not perform too good on the physical side (or that is the impression I got) most of the NLI guys are from lands high up with thin air, I am surprised they did not win this part of the competition.kudos

and Pak LCB ?

Dont have info on that but what i know is that NLI guys were most feared by Talidogs after SSG esp in Ops Zarb-e-Azb.
Off Topic: Whenever talis had the idea that they were up against SSG, they wud just run away there and then but wud stay and give resistance to normal infantry unit. It was NLI guys who taught talis to fear normal infantry too and NLI had surprised talis in almost all encounters.

We have quite elaborate NCTC established recently in Pabbi (Nowshera) and Kharian (Jhelum).

http://nation.com.pk/national/04-Fe...tc-pabbi-for-trilateral-exercise-eagle-dash-1

Why i have the feeling that the commentator in background was the one from movie "Death Race" :P

LCB during KASOTC-16
First place
: Lebanon – Black Panthers -Team (2)
Second place: Palestine – National Security Forces – NSF 101
Third place: Canada – Canadian Special Operations Regiment
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Dont have info on that but what i know is that NLI guys were most feared by Talidogs after SSG esp in Ops Zarb-e-Azb.
Off Topic: Whenever talis had the idea that they were up against SSG, they wud just run away there and then but wud stay and give resistance to normal infantry unit. It was NLI guys who taught talis to fear normal infantry too and NLI had surprised talis in almost all encounters.
Infantry guys......let me down....
Infantry soldiers are now trained phase wise in NCT facility in Kharian...Jehlum...
Hopefully next time..

Infantry soldiers are now trained phase wise in NCT facility in Kharian...Jehlum...
Hopefully next time..

All regiments/corps are trained at NCTC not just infantry...

LCBs are raised by all corps and are new light commando units that go through over 6-8 months of training unlike SSG which go for an year...

Hopefully next time..

As the name suggest they are not that much skilled as SSG but their capacity is being elevated with passage of time. In no way they are even near to SSG. As a matter of fact almost all units of other countries participating in the exercise were dedicated special ops unit who had specialized role and task. Our LCB aint that specialized nor their role is like that. But hope next time PA specially train the unit they are sending on footing of that exercise and gain from experience that NLI LCB units are bringing in Home.

Back
Top Bottom